Animate Guardian

I started feeding rares to him, and he indeed survived better, in fact the only minion standing after daresso (cruel).

I agree he need to use Skills. but only melee skill, imo.
It will be great if he get his own inventory!

also something like,
unique item have 50% chance to drop upon death
rare like 30%, blue 10%

he should act more like Guardian, like stay closer and not wondering around too far, and maybe has some innate taunt.

for now I share his slots with zombies-fortify-random green support, not sure when he will worth entire gear slots
Is newfound durability is impressive.
He's still dumb as a rock and I think he does some stupid NPC taunt randomly wasting more time.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
I would like to do two things with animated guardian. Use item from my inventory without need to drop it on ground (not possible in hideout) and see what item I am replacing when adding item to guardian. One way would be to show current item used by guardian when you hold Alt or Alt+Shift - in similar way how you can see your own gear when holding Alt.

As many summoners I am using guardian with coiled staff to buff my other minions.
"
IlluminaBlade wrote:
Is newfound durability is impressive.
He's still dumb as a rock and I think he does some stupid NPC taunt randomly wasting more time.

not that it matters , he is not for dps. he is a utility minion
If yer a summoner you really need to get one of these, give it some nice gloves and boots, then a cossack unique chest (4% regen in aura is insane for zombies), a leer cast head and a dying breath unique wep.

That's 45% more damage in aura, 4% aoe heal.

Don't bother with it in normal/cruel, but mine as a lvl 82 summoner has near 30k hp which gives him over 900 regen per second. Added maxed resistances from chaos (cossack chest) and elementals (jewels) he hasn't died since... Well since like lvl 40 or something
Two small corrections:
1. Leer Cast + Dying Breath grants a total of 33% Damage, not 45%?
2. It's Increased, not More.
I'm loving AG now compared to before with the new HP buff. I invest a lot in him for good gear and it was annoying that the AI always got him killed. I still de-summon him for certain encounters but that makes sense to make those decisions for extremely dangerous encounters...and not stupid crap on low level maps. He's much more survivable and I enjoy using him.
the cossacks chest on animated guardian + bone offering is greatest synenergy for summoners with this gem. The healing ground gives significant amount of life regen and with bone offering it procs often enough to save your minions in dangerous encounters.
I am using Animate Guradian-Fortify-Minion Life on my Dying Breath supporter. I gave him Zahndethus' Cassock, Leer Cast, Thousand Teeth Temu, Sai dagger with decent phys damage roll + AS, decent gloves and boots and he's doing pretty well.

Still I would like to see few improvements...

* missing option to look at items he's wearing in any way
* possibility to use MTX on equiped items (when he die MTXs would simply return to the storage)
* missing option to increase his aggro in any way
* AI - there is always pretty long delay before he decide to attack

also I have a few questions...

1. will Melee Splash increase his aggro?
2. are there any skill gems which work when socketed to the guardian gear (CWDT, trigger gems, ...)?

Thanks for reading
"
Langhun wrote:
* possibility to use MTX on equiped items (when he die MTXs would simply return to the storage)
MTXs for the Guardian would be cool. Unfortunately, I think the effort required to implement them vs the popularity level of the skill probably means we gotta wait quite while for them.

Other MTXs suggestions could be the ability to use the other classes as the base model or a consumable MTX simmilar to skin transfers which imprints the items the player is wearing and applies their skins to a Guardian gem (And MTXs should be lost on guardian death as well rofl).

"
Langhun wrote:
1. will Melee Splash increase his aggro?
2. are there any skill gems which work when socketed to the guardian gear (CWDT, trigger gems, ...)?
I don't think there's any gems currently that affect the Guardians AI.
It's also not possible to animate items with gems socketed into them. There are items granting skills which can be animated but the Guardian doesn't use them regardless of his links and it's not possible to get any trigger gems corrupted onto those items either. If in the future a unique helmet or unique pair of gloves which grants a spell gets added we can corrupt "cast when stunned" onto it and see if we can get some procs out of our guardian.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Last edited by Mokihiki on Aug 31, 2015, 1:10:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info