Cast when Stunned

With the cooldown being global, this gem is now 100% useless. It should SAY on the gem, all cast when stunned links have a global cooldown, so people don't get confused into thinking this is something they should use, ever.
Oh no, you can only cast a free Skill four times per second, how completely useless?
4 times a second? How exactly would you do that, unless youre getting stunned 16 times per second? The cooldown is global remember. In practice its something like "cast every 5-10 seconds". Sounds extremely useful to me!
It auto-casts utility Skills, for free, without a cast animation. Yeah, that's pretty decent.
I am using this pretty successfully on my CI wander linked with spell totem, skelly, faster casting. The big upside from cast on dmg taken is the supporting gems can be max level with cast on stunned.
Could someone tell me if cast when stunned gem works with two SAME spells? For example three link: fireball lvl 1, fireball lvl 2 and cast when stunned. Does it trigger only one fireball or will both of those gems proc?
We don’t want trade to be too convenient. We’ve seen what happens in other games, and also in our own game, when trade is too easy. It lets people bypass content way too quickly,” - Chris.
Last edited by Qstep on Dec 18, 2013, 10:50:18 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
It auto-casts utility Skills, for free, without a cast animation. Yeah, that's pretty decent.

Yeah, and you can get the proc chance pretty high if you want to. And the damage is full if you want to go that route. Given it's a free lunch if you have a 4-link spare on boots/gloves/hat it seems not terrible to me at all.
Can I link this with 'freeze mine' or 'fire trap'?
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Xymordos wrote:
After the 250ms change, would one stun still proc multiple skills on separate CWS links?

Cooldowns are global. All Skills linked to Cast when Stunned are in the same cooldown group.

This doesn't explain anything, at least to me.

If I have 2 CwS groups, with 3 splls linked to each, does that mean that when char is stunned:

a) Maximum of one spell will activate, of all CwS groups, the others will not even if they succeed the chance check
b) All spells linked to both CwS goups, which succeed the chance check, will activate at once
c) Only spells of one CwS group will have a chance to activate, the spells on other group will not activate at all
d) Only one spell per each CwS group will activate, other spells in each group will be blocked for cooldown
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Jan 12, 2014, 12:53:16 PM
don't know about you but i have one CwS linked to two spells, sometimes both cast at once.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info