1.0.0 Balance Changes

Good news.
I think auras should take a flat amount if taken from health with bloodmagic node otherwise health builds get screwed even more
IGN:SYVRUS
Hi guys,
as lvl 91 Duellist I have to add my personal oppinion to these new information as well.

I like the changes to the iiq/iir System. Not seeing some of the items that dropped anymore because the loot(mostly whites and blues) stacks out of the screen is bothering me a lot.
It's good to see that you tackle the problem.

Buffing the 2H damage output is also the right way in my eyes since they are not that powerful in comparison to the alternatives.

The changes to the fusing chances are absolutly irrelevant to me since it does not affect the chance of creating a 6s, but for new players this is a good idea.

I don't like the changings in the "Maps, Farming and Boss" section though.
In my mind it should be very challenging to reach level 100 and farming docks certainly isn't.
There should be a lot of effort and risk involved to get there and not everybody should be able to reach it without this.
Next point is the boss runs. In the past I had the feeling you wanted to avoid people running bosses for hours and instead want them to do maps since those offer much more diversity. Now you are doing exactly the opposite. You said running maps requires a lot of currency which not all people can obtain and so can't play maps. The boss runs shall be an alternative to that.
But why don't you consider just to dropp some more maps and currency in the maps and by this making the maps playable for everyone? I thought you see the maps as Endgame in which every player can take part.

But now to the point that really and I mean REALLY bugs me, guess what, it's the Auras!
First of you need to know that I play a Lifebased LA with the Bloodmagic keystone.
I'm using a Lioneye's, Thunderfists, Alpha's Howl and Kaom's Heart.
(I played a lot and some more to get my fingers on those items and everyone of you can do that too.)

Now I get this Information:

"
Qarl wrote:
"
k0do wrote:
Is it just the % auras, or the flat ones too?

because if the flat auras are increased in mana cost too, thats a pretty big blow to the blood magic keystone :/

Most of the flat cost auras are changing to being percent based for cost as well.

OUCH!

This kind of eradicates any build with the BM keystone.
Let's take a closer look at it.

I run only 3 Auras that are ofc Grace, Wrath and Anger.
The Wrath and Anger give me around 2500DPS on the tooltip to LA. (that is roughly around 45% of my total dmg output).
I can not run any other aura since all others that are useful would take 30% of my HP (like Hatred or even Haste).
So if i would like to run Hatred that would take around 1500Life. If I would do that, every rare enemy or boss or even a stupid pack of whites would just onehit me because my armour value is pretty bad.
4000 Life are nothing if you do not have a high armour/evasion value and no chance to block. (btw just think of the Laser Vaal does in the Maze map, or his rocks, or piety in the Shrine map!)
And this 1500Life are just ! 1 ! Aura. As you can see for a BM Keystone build it is impossible to run any %-based aura.
Now you want to transform the only possible auras I can run to %-based ones.
So... ...uhm.... Let me say it with Leonard's words:

""What would you be if you were attatched to an object, by an inclined plain, wrapped helically around an axis?""

Yep, I'm screwed.

Now let's see the intention GGG was aiming at.
"
Chris wrote:
Auras
We had two problems with Auras:

Using various tricks like Blood Magic, end-game builds would run six or more auras at once. This resulted in very little aura diversity or interesting party synergies.
Their effects were not impactful enough. If you had six active ones, it was a big difference, but each individual aura wasn't incredibly meaningful.

1. Ehm I don't run six auras, not even 4.
2. Well for me the resultts are very impactful since my build is worked around those.
So GGG missed their target by some kilometers it seems.

So please guys at the office. Reconsider the steps you are taking with this.
An easy alternative already has been suggested. 2 or 3 or 4 Auras cap maybe with the posibillity to increase this by 1 with a keystone.
Otherwise this would result in low life ES build becoming even more interesing and the build diversity would suffer.
Issues with aura change: coop vs solo

Maybe sharing auras in coop play should require passive investment or be disabled entirely. i.e. auras can have 1 effect for the caster, and a reduced effect for nearby allies (i.e. 10% effectiveness, with passives that can increase it).

How else can you make auras stronger and cost more without significantly hurting the efficiency of solo play?

Issues with aura change: blood magic passive feat

Maybe there should be a passive cluster after the blood magic keystone (i.e. so that you absolutely require the blood magic feat to get them), that reduces the reservation cost of abilities? Unless life base/passives/affixes are buffed in some way, I don't see how feated BM builds can cope with every aura being % based, and higher cost.

A comment on incentivizing group play:

Coop should be attractive not because it's easier, faster, safer, less expensive, and you get more rewards. Coop should be attractive due to the social aspect. Social elements in games drive longevity and popularity, provided the tools are there: a good interface, easy to find and manage groups (start moderating people who fill the LFM panel with WTS WTB WTT spam), and no visual or performance pain associated with grouping (add options to reduce other player graphics/spell effects, limit rainbow diarrhea of spells/attacks, reduce item spam or add customizable item filters).

When you make it so much more efficient to coop, you incentivize socially retarded people to inflict their antisocial behavior on others. i.e. You have people who are just looking for maximum reward/efficiency, while basically ignoring the social aspect of coop play. Focus on changes that make coop more enjoyable and accessible.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
You guys are flaming about changes you haven't even seen yet. "The same amount of rares and currency drop with the same MF." Where do you see nerf? What they are saying is that above something like 150-200% your going to start having diminishing returns which is changing the only thing that didn't function that way in line with other game functions.

The aura thing if they are changing it to percents and adding a small buff to the hp nodes so we don't have to spend 80% of our nodes on them.. more like 60% with 80% being specifically tank builds then we can expect some more build diversity at end game. If it is percent you can expect to be able to grab no mana nodes and all reduce aura resevation nodes instead and stack like 3-5 aura's on a hybrid blood/mana character.... not much will change with peoples build strength your just going to have to build for having a hole passive wise that an aura fills. For example I take no damage nodes, grab only attack speed, and then stack ele auras(hello ele combat builds)
People complaining that they cant run 5 Auras anymore.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
Grace, Wrath and Anger had better not be effected by this, being the only auras blood magic builds can use it would make it impossible to run more than 1, if that. HP is already behind CI by a mile, it doesn't need yet another nerf, the same goes with Kaoms, the only thing that brings HP even close to CI.
The should make the cost of auras be affected by how many people the aura effects.
Have the cost multiply by 10% or something for each person who receives the buff.

Have some fail safe so people don't kill themselves when others join the party, though that would be kind of funny.
"
Velocireptile wrote:
People complaining that they cant run 5 Auras anymore.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Idiot or what?
For running 5+ auras you need to put some passive points into EB and mana nodes and its some other bulid than stupidly put all passives into life nodes.
So yeah nerf that kind of bulids and make all chars low life es or stacking only life.
[Removed by Admin]
Neurotypicals are the worst thing this planet ever experienced.
Last edited by Bex_GGG on Oct 15, 2013, 6:18:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info