1.0.0 Balance Changes

I'll be sure to give those new leagues a try! Everything I've read about 1.0.0 seems well thought and it'll be a blast to play some PoE again since I've been pretty much offline for the whole summer =)
Chris, can you explain to me why 6l's are not so common? 5ls are nice but you catn get any father then 80 with a 5l and the best gear
ign: Purdre
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ʀᴀɪsᴇ ᴜʀ ᴅᴏɴɢᴇʀs ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
beta ign: ALLTHESPORKS
"
defektiv wrote:
This is the main reason I don't understand the focus on increasing odds for 4L and 5L over a slightly later point in the game.

http://i.imgur.com/sHudt62.png

And that is mostly just from drops and after vendoring a good number to prepare for the merge. Next month I'll have been playing for a year. Many characters, many levels and not a single 6L or any real gear to speak of on any of them. They're all barely able to keep pace with 68-69 maps both in terms of DPS and survivability. If I can collect that many without trying with my luck..

All over here and reddit are people praising the 4L changes. If I'm feeling progression blocked (gear not level) and there are that many people still stuck in the 40s and 4Ls, I'd hate to see how disappointed they all feel once they get 4Ls and realize the pain of getting anything worthwhile to drop for you after that is exponentially worse.

My experience in almost 2 years of play, creating a 4 link item is a pain in the ass, but doable. Creating a 5 or 6 link item is not possible. I've never been successful. In this light, I'll take any improved odds I can get. But I do agree with you. My progression will probably still be blocked at the 4-link level. Will have to wait and see how the extra 25% chance at a 5 link pans out.
I'm happy 2h weapons will be improved.At the moment it isn't worth to wield them cuz 1hs can get almost the same dps asd the 2hs ( look at Flying_Petals's 520 dps 1h axe ).

Ok so if I understand correctly if I am CI and run 4 auras on mana only, I will not be able to do so as I don't have endless mana pool but again low life is buffed because you can take auras on life as well. Why do you constantly buff lowlife and nerf everything else that is simply not fair. I hope that it will be possible to run my auras after release otherwise my CI elemental wander goes to bin??????? Without anger,wrath, clarity and possibly haste it's not possible to play? I really hope you balance it correctly so that low life is nerfed and not buffed and everything else nerfed... and for all good please fix that overpowered shavronne..... thats all I can say. Otherwise the rest of the changes sound very good.
"
KDBW_ger wrote:
I have leveled 3 Rangers to 68+ and tried a ton of build variations to make my Frenzy /Lightning Arrow Ranger build work.

It's a Blood Magic build, there is no option to power the attacks with mana. For that build I need Wrath, Anger and Grace, with % auras this build is absolutely broken, seems like I have to play another game huh? All the hours playing and the money I invested in this game are worthless now?

Never change a running system?

Yes, non-physical damage Rangers are somewhat on the impossible side without Blood Magic. And with Blood Magic Wrath, Anger, and Grace are the only 3 usable auras, not to mention they are pretty much mandatory.

These 3 auras and Clarity are all that weren't % based. To me, this was already most auras being % based. If these go % based as well, ya... going to be interesting.
"
Chris wrote:
Many people have asked if they can get access to the new Passive Skill Tree earlier than the patch deployment time. This is both difficult from a technical point of view (our site version is based on the current patch that is on the realm) but also because the tree is currently changing on a daily basis. We're very aware that it'd be awesome to have it up early and will do what we can to achieve this, but no promises!

Just post a full image of current skill tree each day. Without node descriptions. Simply an image. Would be enough for theorycrafting and discussion. I think it's more than enough untill release.
"
h3rp3s wrote:
I think that many classes need 3+ auras to feel effective in this game.

Many auras are mandatory.

Purity:

Q How can you get max resists with a -60 in merc?
A Cant be done without Purity even with good gear

Clarity:

Q How you going to regen mana fast enough to pay for that 80+ mana spell 3x a sec?
A Can't be done without max lvl Clarity + passive nodes + mana regen on gear.

With the aura changes you are making this game more dependent on items, which is already frustrating for many.

Also Auras in D2 didnt cost mana. And there were some builds (Auradin) who had multiple auras.

Don't compare mechanics with D2 it makes no sense, since D2 were pure classes and their abilities were "balanced" with whatever abilities you could get.

Aura's should be a choice that comes with a significant penalty, as it is now it's too easy to maintain many auras.
Nothing to see here.
Really good changes!
"
Redzor wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Many people have asked if they can get access to the new Passive Skill Tree earlier than the patch deployment time. This is both difficult from a technical point of view (our site version is based on the current patch that is on the realm) but also because the tree is currently changing on a daily basis. We're very aware that it'd be awesome to have it up early and will do what we can to achieve this, but no promises!

Just post a full image of current skill tree each day. Without node descriptions. Simply an image. Would be enough for theorycrafting and discussion. I think it's more than enough untill release.

I'm guessing they could use the offline skill calc slightly modified to use the WiP data. Or they could make a YouTube video of the tree with the Scion start being moused over as well as the significant changes, wouldn't even have to be narrated or anything, just a video to go frame by frame for the parts you're interested in.

I'm sure there are more viable options to provide us with some basic information about the tree before launch.

I for one sincerely hope they work something out as I really don't want to spend the first few hours after release to theorize a build when I had almost 2 weeks of being bored before launch to do so...if I had the relevant information.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Oct 15, 2013, 3:32:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info