Map\Zoom hacking in Path of Exile racing.

"
Marukai05 wrote:
"
Morsexier wrote:
Next appropriate bump date, approximately Jan 15th 2014.

bump

The irony of the fixed seed and the very people named not having a single good run in the signature is telling.

Edit. its probably not irony but you get the point.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Last edited by Morsexier on Jan 27, 2014, 3:24:02 PM
"
Morsexier wrote:
"
Marukai05 wrote:
"
Morsexier wrote:
Next appropriate bump date, approximately Jan 15th 2014.

bump

The irony of the fixed seed and the very people named not having a single good run in the signature is telling.

Edit. its probably not irony but you get the point.

I feel the longer the race the less the impact maphack has on the standings, I just know when I see someone get to ledge in a 12min race in 4minutes I just sigh....

Edit: I am not saying that other races arent also affected, I was just mad this morning when I was doing a 12min burst and I was just getting to key 2 of 3 for the underground passage when I saw someone hit "has entered ledge" and felt hugely discouraged.... (while I am no expert at racing as this is the first season I have tried it I have placed in the top 50 players a couple of times, so I am by no means terrible at it... IMO)
IGN: Korvashi or Kalamth
Last edited by Marukai05 on Jan 27, 2014, 5:36:51 PM
"
Marukai05 wrote:

I feel the longer the race the less the impact maphack has on the standings,

Unfortunately it is the opposite. You can have maphack all day and you won't beat me in a burst race without superior gear. Its impossible to get lost in many act 1 zones.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Bullshit.

There are several horrible passage layouts you get lost.
Not having a "single stuck in passage" result in 12 min bursts clearly proves the use of maphack. It's just like admitting to use maphack and using threads to obtain info a possible banevent.

Like that one:

There are other maps with random garbage cans.

In S06S070 I had such a lucky start, that I killed brutus at level 8 in 11 minutes.
From the log:
2014/01/26 02:11:36 973368846 1e0 [INFO Client 741972] *: RemoveBrutusRP is the first to kill Brutus in Normal!

Would it be possible in a non fixed seed? Very unlikely. Unless I kill Brutus with level 4-5 maphackers will always claim this reward.

Aside from dumb passage layouts I always get to upper prison at level 6 in bursts. The question is how many times did I get lost and how are the mob seeds. So the result is always somewhere between level 7,25-9.

I would suggest GGG adds a new mode called "Blinded Seed" which means the server doesn't send any mapdata at all.

This will clearly expose all zoomers, because that would be the only way to see a "map"
And if GGG would add a function, that would crash PoE on certain unrealistic GPU usage they even receive reports, who is to be banned.
Cheater who gets all the longest start~finish seeds may not win a burst against a solid racer who gets short seeds with predictable routes, but theyre still generally seeing 1-2 extra blue packs per zone that other racers arent. The longer the event, the harder it becomes to compete with that sort of advantage.

Also lol at referring to those random low areas as garbage cans. Theres a waterfall 1 map with a 2-3 screen low area that also has near zero light radius, always fun to find in turbo events.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Jan 30, 2014, 6:06:33 AM
"
Cheater who gets all the longest start~finish seeds may not win a burst against a solid racer who gets short seeds with predictable routes

They will just reset the instance in such cases.

Also you expect that those racers are legit which isn't the case.

Where does the difference in experience to racers grow?

There are certain open areas which are needed for levels and that's where I for example lose a lot of time.

Coves always got areas where there is a high chance of champs and rares.You lose 1 level.

River Crossings and Old Fields are essential experience areas but if you stay on the path you lose another level.

If you want to keep up your speed your exp penalty in sins/weaver will be bigger and you lose another level. That's where cheaters are at level 18 and you are at level 16 with the same level of progression!

"
Also lol at referring to those random low areas as garbage cans. Theres a waterfall 1 map with a 2-3 screen low area that also has near zero light radius, always fun to find in turbo events.

I refer to the chests as garbage cans because trash drops out of them. In CB there were at last useful.

And you believe WC1 is bad? Try sins 3 there are such crap areas full with sparkers for 4-5 screens which look logical to be a fidel way. Have fun getting back with negative or 0 res.

And then you must guess where fidel is.

The screenshot Hilbert posted has to be the ugliest one I've ever seen. The level looks like slimy goop! Ugh, you need a better computer if you're going to post screenshots; it is just painful to look at.

And map/zoomhacking, yea that should be fixed too.
wanted to post upper submerge picture but posting a picture is too high tech mega difficulty for me.

Last edited by janimauk on Jan 30, 2014, 8:46:41 AM
My computer is good but PoE takes far more resources than other games on max settings(Weather effects needing 70% GPU load and the devs refuse to add a particle/weather option? Hell somebodies PC must break because PoE and he must threaten with lawsuits to get those changes)

And since I won't buy an SSD enjoy low end settings to reduce the load times by 3 seconds.

Don't blame me for low quality pics on low quality programming.

In the 1 week race a random from default with no racing background did merciless act II in 20 min including the merveil kill at lvl 57
I didn't expect maphack to appear outside of the short races but it's probably used in casual settings aswell
Last edited by Pam on Jan 30, 2014, 2:50:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info