0.9.12w Patch Notes

The drop rate nerf will not affect the number of public party.

Those that play with public party are the ones that are willing to take the risk of missing on their valuable orb drop/unique/rare.

People who doesn't like FFA looting system but still want to play with others will form private party, and you would have never seen them on the party board.

People who have had public partied before will likely to party publicly again, the 50% increase is still quite a lot while not covering up your whole screen with whites.

Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
"
Desbris wrote:
Unfortunately it is always these little small changes here and there that make the game a little worse, in this instance it makes the game slightly worse for people who like to group up. Just sad to see this change mostly is in relation to the boosters and cheaters in the game. Pathetic how these people will ruin the game for others just for their own personal greed.

You'll have to excuse my ignorance but what's a "booster?" And how do you "cheat" in this game?? Call me naive but I just log on and play to have fun.
The Pope quit, a meteor fell on Russia, an
asteroid came close to the earth, there's snow
in Arizona, star wars and star trek have the
same director! Who the hell is playing jumanji?
Just in case you need more letter:
ä ö ü ß

Now you can copy those from my post. And we can have four additional updates before 0.9.13 release.

I hope I could help you.
The best way to handle loot is to not try and take a one-size-fits-all approach.

All currency items (other than maybe scrolls of wisdom or town portals) should be granted ownership without a timer. Period. I've never see anyone turn one down, so there shouldn't be frustration on the part of other party members when one player wants to deal with a monster first - they're going to go back and get that chaotic orb, so chill out.

Uniques and 5 or 6 slot items should have a 15-second timer, while rares and 4L+ items should have an 8-second timer. Other items can stay as they do now. This seems like a reasonable compromise, no?

The other option is to create a party collection screen, where all loot is semi-instanced. Let's say that a rare belt drops instanced to Bob. Mary comes along and picks it up quickly. She would be the "controller" of the item, while Bob would be the "owner" of the item (I hope this makes sense - I play Magic, so this is kind of how I think of it). Any magical, rare, unique, or currency loot that is collected by anyone other than the "owner" goes into the party screen under the "control" of the person that picked it up, while ownership is still maintained by the person who had it originally instanced to them. The owner then has 5 minutes to get that item from the party trade screen. If that 5 minutes elapses, the person picking up the loot has 5 minutes to transfer it to their stash before it disappears. After that, anyone else in the party is free to grab it out of the party stash. It's sort of a lost-and-found system, I guess, but seems like a decent compromise so that pickers can still be useful to the party, the party doesn't have to worry about the pickers getting all the loot, and nobody feels like their efforts are in vain.
"
Izibaar wrote:
ä ö ü ß

Now you can copy those from my post. And we can have four additional updates before 0.9.13 release.

I hope I could help you.

Are you stupid haha why would anyone want to delay patch 0.9.13. Many people have been waiting patiently for the PVP patch, the last thing we want is more delays on it :)
"
Barkskin wrote:

Fixed a bug in dungeon generation that caused special rooms to replace inaccessible rooms, causing Ambrosia/Amarissa to often be absent.

I'm not sure what this means.

the dynamic level generator had a bug which made the level in a way that both elite mosters were trapped in a room which were not accessable for players.
"
Laimbrane wrote:
Uniques and 5 or 6 slot items should have a 15-second timer, while rares and 4L+ items should have an 8-second timer. Other items can stay as they do now. This seems like a reasonable compromise, no?

+1
would be a good improvement
from 0.10.0 patch notes: "Fixed a bug where you could add Piety to your friends list." xD
"
Laimbrane wrote:
The best way to handle loot is to not try and take a one-size-fits-all approach.

All currency items (other than maybe scrolls of wisdom or town portals) should be granted ownership without a timer. Period. I've never see anyone turn one down, so there shouldn't be frustration on the part of other party members when one player wants to deal with a monster first - they're going to go back and get that chaotic orb, so chill out.

The other option is to create a party collection screen, where all loot is semi-instanced. Let's say that a rare belt drops instanced to Bob. Mary comes along and picks it up quickly. She would be the "controller" of the item, while Bob would be the "owner" of the item (I hope this makes sense - I play Magic, so this is kind of how I think of it). Any magical, rare, unique, or currency loot that is collected by anyone other than the "owner" goes into the party screen under the "control" of the person that picked it up, while ownership is still maintained by the person who had it originally instanced to them. The owner then has 5 minutes to get that item from the party trade screen. If that 5 minutes elapses, the person picking up the loot has 5 minutes to transfer it to their stash before it disappears. After that, anyone else in the party is free to grab it out of the party stash. It's sort of a lost-and-found system, I guess, but seems like a decent compromise so that pickers can still be useful to the party, the party doesn't have to worry about the pickers getting all the loot, and nobody feels like their efforts are in vain.

This seems like a really good way of handling loot.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Party Stash? Iiiiinteresting, it could be good.

One would have to limit the size of the thing to prevent groups from looting way more than an equal number of individuals, though.
"
Desbris wrote:
"
Izibaar wrote:
ä ö ü ß

I hope I could help you.

Are you stupid haha why would anyone want to delay patch 0.9.13. Many people have been waiting patiently for the PVP patch, the last thing we want is more delays on it :)

As said before, these small patches don't delay 0.9.13, it's just bits of 0.9.13 that are released earlier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info