0.9.12w Patch Notes

I beta'd heavily from .92 to .98 and I think I only teamed with my girlfriend and her brother. FFA loot is awful and heavily rewards play styles counter productive to actually playing the game cooperatively.

It's cool for cut throat leagues and all. And I loved ninja'ing stuff from my gf. But even we had to come up with a loot system between us to distribute stuff fairly (we chose to alternate currency items).

So basically, even in an environment that was pretty much /teamlootninja without hard feelings, we STILL had to come up with a loot distribution system for the long term.

Playing D3 this has been one of the best improvements from previous arpgs. There are no hard feelings over loot. No one bitches, no one complains, no one logs off in a huff and stops playing with you.
Great game, multiple, diverse and creative builds and a whole lot of fun. This game truly delivers where diablo 3 fails. There is a true sense of diablo 2 action to this game, especially the art style. Complex game systems designed for hardcore players.

I can't wait to play this game when open beta begins in December!!! =)
Would love beta access
"
Sairven wrote:
"
duolc wrote:
"
Sairven wrote:
Extend the item pick up window beyond the laughable "amount" of time it is now.

That would be extremely annoying in the commonplace scenario where an item is assigned to a player who has already run past it. This leaves a trailing player waiting forever to pick up the item.

You mention extremely annoying and commonplace.

Well. Public parties are not commonplace like they should be because of the FFA system as it is now.

I like the FFA system. It works with PoE's themes. What I don't like is the FFA system as it is now because by the time a fight is finally finished and a person can get a chance to see what drops, the timer has all ready ran out.

Admittedly, "20 seconds at least" isn't really that good of a stipulation. Perhaps 10 seconds would be better.

Maybe if there were a way to separate the timers depending on mob type (normal, magical, rare, unique, boss) it could be dynamic. 5 second timer for normal mobs, X time for magical, etc etc. But I don't think that would be possible, so meh.

I sort of like that idea although what I think would work better is if there's a way for the assigned items to "know" if enemies are around so that while in battle you can't pick up another persons drop, you have to wait until the battle is completely over to pick something up, and maybe even after the battle it adds a 5 second timer before anybody can pick anything up, this eliminates the issues previously mentioned.
"
But even we had to come up with a loot system between us

there already is a random loot assignment system where you can see the player names clearly until the timer runs out.

even after the timer runs out, fair players leave the dropped items for their co players or deliver it to them.

your post is valid for white items though which can be more valuable than the most unique item but in the several weeks i played no 6 linked 2 handed weapon or chest dropped for me or my partners so there was no bitching at all.
Unfortunately it is always these little small changes here and there that make the game a little worse, in this instance it makes the game slightly worse for people who like to group up. Just sad to see this change mostly is in relation to the boosters and cheaters in the game. Pathetic how these people will ruin the game for others just for their own personal greed.
"
I find it funny that even with the insane drop rates for parties there was never more than one group going in the social tabs. Good luck finding a group after this patch.

Maybe they are private parties!..I always make my game public, and then many player play with me!I'm never alone!:)
"
geradon wrote:
i was going through default ruthless today and despite 500-700 people playing globally there were 1-2 parties max in these areas.

i just missed out the obvious fact that most people keep playing in legacy and didn't start a new char in default as i did.
would be nice to have more details in reponse to the /online command, f.e.
"globally:600 people, this league 100 people, this act 20 people".

as for the recommendation to open a party myself: of course i do that but people didn't join which kinda surprised me. reason behind maybe that i did only endgame in the past months where partying is more common.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Desbris wrote:
Unfortunately it is always these little small changes here and there that make the game a little worse, in this instance it makes the game slightly worse for people who like to group up.

hard to acknowledge as well for me but just natural for the beta that sometimes just for testing purposes, devs have to adjust some parameters higherand sometimes, sadly, lower.

I their opinion is that the economy will be flooded on the long run by people partying and getting more gear out of it, they surely will have done some calculation beforehand.

"
Just sad to see this change mostly is in relation to the boosters and cheaters in the game. Pathetic how these people will ruin the game for others just for their own personal greed.

i don't think this is a response to the threat of people using second accounts for bots because you can never prevent that fully and it only relates to a small group of players only.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.9.12w
  • Fixed a bug in dungeon generation that caused special rooms to replace inaccessible rooms, causing Ambrosia/Amarissa to often be absent.

I'm not sure what this means. What is a special room? I guess I understand inaccessible room, but why have them?
I've been good very good track live stream and all patch on the game eagerly await the beta timer choose me :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info