Spectral throw

"
Gerblat wrote:
I had a feeling that it was just an old build that hadn't been changed. In that case, am I correct in assuming that the new tag for the skill will not have melee in it, but instead have just Attack and Projectile?
Correct. This actually required some re-coding of the stuff that automatically generates tags, as we hadn't originally anticipated a non-melee skill that's used with only melee weapons, but is now working.
"
Uvne wrote:
But what about "Increased Damage with One-Handed Melee Weapons"? This will still work because it references the weapon base and not the skill, right?
Correct. An Axe is still classified as a melee weapon, even if you're biffing it at someone's head from a distance, rather than using it in melee.
Ranged attack totem. That's all.

EDIT: oh, and iron grip too.
IGN EntropicThunder
Last edited by Hulkcore on Oct 9, 2013, 12:43:37 AM
Speaking of spectral throw, it seems that there is a "damage" animation on the monsters for as long as the weapon is touching them. Is it like a many-hits-possible skill or is it only an animation to keep track of the weapon while it's "inside monsters"?
Wear the Cassock.
"
Hulkcore wrote:
Ranged attack totem. That's all.

EDIT: oh, and iron grip too.

Wait that won't work right? Just wands and bows skills for ranged totem?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Both apply to projectile attacks, this is a projectile attack. Should work. I can see this being a staple 4L secondary skill for a lot of strength based melee chars. Free artillery.
IGN EntropicThunder
Ranged Attack Totem specifically says "Supported Attack Skills cannot be used with Melee Weapons".

Iron Grip is legit, though.
I don't think it's projectile, just melee and attack.
"
Kalsifer wrote:
I don't think it's projectile, just melee and attack.

You only think that because you haven't read the huge yellow-bordered post from Mark explaining in detail that it is classified as projectile and attack.
IGN EntropicThunder
"
pneuma wrote:
Ranged Attack Totem specifically says "Supported Attack Skills cannot be used with Melee Weapons".

Iron Grip is legit, though.

That's too bad about RAT, I wonder if that will get changed. Lightning Strike and Elemental Hit are the only skills I could see people attempting to use it with while holding a melee weapon. Perhaps it's just there to clarify that? I want my spectral throw totem, dammit.
IGN EntropicThunder
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Uvne wrote:
But what about "Increased Damage with One-Handed Melee Weapons"? This will still work because it references the weapon base and not the skill, right?
Correct. An Axe is still classified as a melee weapon, even if you're biffing it at someone's head from a distance, rather than using it in melee.

Make sure you add a new node that says "Increased Melee Damage with One-Handed Weapons".
IRON MAN

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info