Media Trip update and J!NX Keychains

"Foreign currency item" - It's a wake up call to all Americans reading this, that there is a world outside America.

Jokes apart, a "quarter" coin (25 cents) is usually used as a size reference in North America. This is despite that all dollar "bills" ("notes") are of exactly the same size whether it is one dollar or a hundred lol!

On topic: Excited for Friday, wish it could come tomorrow! :)
My wife stole 10 levels from me, and my job stole another 2. That is why I am still level 88.
"
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
I'm super curious about game balance.

And I wouldn't mind an explanation(not that I'm even owed one)about the reasoning for the media blackout, and the tightly held "secrets" for the release.

I'm still not really sure what the point of all this has been...

edit: As a side note, the most epic post by Rhys ----> http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639

Media Blackout for the Media who attended was probably so they'd released the news at the same time and have equal footing in terms of potential viewership.

With regards to balance and 1.0, i'd imagine they'd keep it under wraps just in case something had to be changed/removed due to bugs. Also.. it just builds up hype and excitement. It'd be boring to know every single thing before release.

I was speaking generally about the lack of details. Clearly they had an agreement with IGN or whoever that they wouldn't share any info with the community before release. This is quite a bit different from the usual transparent developing they had been doing for a long time now.

There is/was a huge difference between sharing a little of what you are working on, and saying absolutely nothing, in the hopes of creating some excitement. I personally think they lost a number of players that might have stuck around had then known what was being worked on. I could be wrong, just saying it was an interesting marketing strategy.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
same name in-game
"
iao wrote:

I could have sworn, at first glance, that you said Pantless Dancing Intestines

What is the chaos keychain made out of? Copper(Just throwing this out), gold(just my imagination) plain metal with color coating, or something else?
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Oooooo very nice :)
Hardcore is how we play ™

Best ladder ranking so far: OhSnapIsRerolling, rank 85 HC Nemesis League
Why dont you guys at GGG do a twitch "release info" stream where you discuss the release with players? Even if only few guys would join in, it would still stir conversation in forums etc. Would love more "Twitch events" from GGG^_^

Exalt this idea, and make the daily news a Twitch stream. Try to keep a steady timetable for news, leave videos on Twitch for the people who are in sleep and make announcements ingame that the News stream is going live!

edit: oh wait. dont exalt the idea. I dont want my news to be random!
Who Are We? Where do we come from?
Last edited by Cudez on Oct 3, 2013, 1:33:34 AM
its tomorrow bro x)
"
Nigward wrote:
Great. I don't know if you mind, but I'd like to see a little something for OBT players after release. I mean, somekind of alt-art unique only for OBT'ers, or unique MTX.

Btw, did you take a shot of keychain on the floor?

Yes, it's the floor of Jonathan and Erik's bathroom in their hotel room.

"
DarthSki44 wrote:
I'm super curious about game balance.

And I wouldn't mind an explanation(not that I'm even owed one)about the reasoning for the media blackout, and the tightly held "secrets" for the release.

I'm still not really sure what the point of all this has been...

Journalists are substantially less interested in posting information that's already commonly known. If we posted full details ourselves, we would not receive the (million or so?) pageviews that we'll get by having the journalists announce it. This marketing push will generate users who will eventually allow us to spend far more money on PoE content. I'm sorry that we weren't able to announce it to the community, but we have always gone to journalists first with major announcements in the past (game announcement, Witch announcement, Duelist announcement, Templar announcement, Shadow announcement, closed beta announcement, open beta announcement, etc). It's pretty standard practise in the games industry because it results in more users = more game budget.

"
Cudez wrote:
Why dont you guys at GGG do a twitch "release info" stream where you discuss the release with players? Even if only few guys would join in, it would still stir conversation in forums etc. Would love more "Twitch events" from GGG^_^

I'd love to - it's just really difficult when travelling.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
Tomorrow's news update is going to be a few hours later than normal so that it can include a roundup of Release information that journalists post as soon as the media embargo is lifted (which occurs at midnight, Pacific time).

Chris, could you please in the future include the timezone in GMT/UTC format? It would be helpful for those not living somewhere that uses that designation as we don't need to go looking it up!

Even though the event isn't relevant to me, I'd still like it to be the default format whenever GGG specifies timezones as it's just straight up easier to determine when something is occurring when you know the timezone value and (not) the 3 letter designation.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Oct 3, 2013, 2:37:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info