Portals after bosses!

Recently mentioned by a dev in-game and also many others who find this annoying. Each time after a quest boss, such as deep dweller, there should be a portal pop up. Instead of spending our own portals or until you find out you can log out and log back in quickly.
I like "The Cave" method.

Provide an exit that spawns you somewhere else on the map that is an exit only.
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
I think I wouldn't like a portal pop up after bosses. It doesn't make much sense. On the other hand the 'cave method' is pleasant luxury and doesn't break immersion.
✠ ✠
The discussion came up because Chris even mentioned that he just logs out after completing objectives rather than using portals. It would still be helpful to think of possible solutions as the current situation doesn't feel quite right.
Well, there is a waypoint one floor up. I don't particularly like to fight those crabs again, so I just set a timer and make sure I pop back for a second before the instance resets if I didn't manage to kill the Deep Dweller & friends within eight minutes. The level isn't really big so quickly running back to the waypoint is no problem. I use a timer for other areas, e.g. where I might need a pre-cleaned safe spot to retreat to, too - works really well. :-)
There are clever ways to implement a "quick escape" from the back of a dead end cave and not lose the RP immersion.

"you reveal a small hidden passage"

Not a an actual portal, just a small map change trigger that leads close to a WP marker if possible.
Pure Summoner Witch Build inc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info