Please vote on the finalists of the Well-dressed Exile Competition!

Which Exile is the best dressed?

TheAnuhart
32112.12%
laposbivaly
1013.81%
antonowitch
1164.38%
Kindred1
37614.2%
xandro
83331.46%
Fiveby5
1244.68%
Ezhiel
2388.99%
hybTM
1003.78%
Jozen
32012.08%
Nephalim
1194.49%
So hold on, people are complaining that the finalist used MTXs... in a WELL DRESSED COMPETITION? Come on people! That's why MTXs are in the game in the first place. Whether they're all shiny, or a cool looking head piece. They're in there to make your character look cool.

GGG gave everyone an opportunity - both those who buy MTXs and those who don't - to come up with the best look. And so they did. Grant it, I think some of the finalists are not even worthy of being there, but that's just personal opinion.

Even though I might disagree with certain things GGG do, I feel sorry for them at times like this. They try to do something good, to give back, and people just knit pick everything. People will always find something to whine about, even if something good is being done.
Standard shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/911509
"
Cookie_Puss wrote:
So hold on, people are complaining that the finalist used MTXs... in a WELL DRESSED COMPETITION?

No. I remarked that stacking up MTX's like a big blurry ball of colourful disgustingness is not aesthetically pleasing. There is a place for MTXs but I don't think them being all over the place helps much. Was my two cents.
"
Cookie_Puss wrote:
Even though I might disagree with certain things GGG do, I feel sorry for them at times like this. They try to do something good, to give back, and people just knit pick everything. People will always find something to whine about, even if something good is being done.

So when you disagree with something GGG does, its just a disagreement, but when everyone else does it, they're just whining?

I feel sorry for people who didn't use/have microtransactions, because they clearly didn't stand a chance. The second it was decided that the winner would become an Exile, there was zero chance that someone without a microtransaction would be put in a position where they could possibly win.

It isn't a coincidence that the current exiles all have microtransactions.
What the FUCK, GGG? How dare you not declare me the winner throwing all other competition to the wayside? How dare you give these MTX using scumbags a place in the top 10? How dare you take part in the initial judging of your own competition. HOW DARE YOU?!

We all know that Dusty Old Maid was the clear winner of this competition. I think it's highly offensive you'd ignore my beautiful work of art. Clearly this contest is rigged. I am truly disappointed in you GGG.

For the other disgruntled members of this community who want my voice to be heard (let's be honest here, that must be at least 90% of you guys), vote for Fiveby5's submission. Even though it was not a direct result of my own work, my genius clearly rubbed off on him during the time we mapped together in Path of Exile. Support me by supporting him. Thanks folks, and once again: shame on you GGG!
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Sep 26, 2013, 10:22:37 PM
"
Spysong192 wrote:
Not a single one without any microtransaction. Huge disappointment GGG.

This is not how you tell people your game is not Pay-To-Win. Poor form GGG.

My Vote:

1: Fiveby5
2: TheAnuhart
3: hybTM

I find all the others to be a visual cacophony of micotransactions.

Yuck, ew. No offence to those entrants but its like looking at someone who is wearing far too much makeup.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Requesting a re-vote "Finals" among the top two when this ends.
"

Just curious, but how is the game pay to win when none of the rewards or things used in the competition directly affect your "winning" in the game? It's purely cosmetic for purely cosmetic rewards. Your accusation makes no sense.
"
Floytesangen wrote:
"

Just curious, but how is the game pay to win when none of the rewards or things used in the competition directly affect your "winning" in the game? It's purely cosmetic for purely cosmetic rewards. Your accusation makes no sense.

Using a ridiculous amount of MTX effects to boost yourself to the top of the competition ladder thus resulting in a rogue exile being created in your honor is a very pay to win strategy. I mean, look at all the goddamn shiny things that will appear on the new rogue exile - it's simply going to blind people and cause them to die in Hardcore. This means that the contest winner (who is already accustomed to all the shiny things on his screen unlike the rest of us peasants) will move up in the Hardcore ladder without having to anything. Clearly pay to win...or something.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Sep 26, 2013, 11:28:59 PM
"
Floytesangen wrote:
"

You are right.

However, it sends the message that people who financially support the game are favoured over those who do not. I would think GGG would want to be in a position of zero doubt.

*Edit: typographical error.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Sep 26, 2013, 11:32:37 PM
"
"
Floytesangen wrote:
"

You are right.

However, it sends the message that people who financially support the game are favoured over those who do not. I would think GGG would want to be in a position of zero doubt.

*Edit: typographical error.

over the fact that rich people with mtx are favoured...
the biggest problem is that in the end they end up getting a prize... which they probably already go

its almost mandatory to be "Exalted" to get the exalted prize

after posting this i did the test

got 3 Exalt
1 diamond
2 Regal
4 Divine

but thats just shown tags
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Sep 27, 2013, 12:04:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info