Endurance Charge on Melee Stun

definitely a typo =p
"
sidtherat wrote:
tried this gem with zombies some more - the first monster that wasnt generating charges each time is the graveyard (lvl70) boss

and that is with lvl 7 gem so pretty low

any summoner should try it with zombies (not spectres nor skelies) - results are amazing and this probably is THE way to use this gem as for player the utility is.. well..

I had one of these drop for me recently. I normally use a Q20 Stun with my BoR zombies, but I swapped it for Endurance Charge on Stun, AMAZING.

I also use the frenzy ape, so I have zombies running around with 3 fenzy charges and 3 endurance charges. It's pretty epic.
"
CanHasPants wrote:
Will this generate charges when an enemy would be stunned but is otherwise slain?

IMO yes, I'm using Endurance Charge on Melee Stun in this configuration:

And I'm getting charges even if I blow up a mob.

I was not very convinced to this support, but when I tried this, I changed my opinion, it's quite nice and have cheap mulitplier, so I can spam IB from mana.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
So linking this with Dominating Blow would work for you and your new minions, right? As an off topic aside, what exactly gets transferred to the minions form dominating blow? I believe all the supports do, but if the minions kill something, is it also dominated? If the dominating blow is socketed in a weapons with unique mods (hits can't be evaded, culling strike), do the minions get those mods too? Thanks
The Dominated monsters inherit Support Gems and specific modifiers on Dominating Blow, not the Domination effect. Your gear does not matter.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 6, 2013, 8:42:30 PM
"
drakar8888 wrote:
My thoughts:

The gem triggers pretty much with any attack that deals physical damage on white/blue, even yellow mobs. Problem is with bosses with tons of hp on high maps it doesn't, and those are usually the times when you could most benefit from constant charges. So if your build is relying on endurance charges you will still have to carry enduring cry around with you.

Most end-game melee links are already super heavy with mandatory gems and there is no space for a gem that doesn't contribute in any way to dps or doesn't give any special effect you can't get from anywhere else. You can already get endurance charges from 2 other skill gems.

Instead of this gem there should have been a blood rage like buff with a drawback, that gives endurance charges on melee kill.

I can't label this gem "completely useless" because there could be specialized stun builds that benefit from it more than the average melee build would. But definitely not something I ever plan on using.

This pretty much nails it.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on Oct 11, 2013, 1:39:19 PM
a pure stun (mace) build would definitely have points to spare for defense that two points for +1 end and regen from end charges. additionally the level up effect provides further threshold, which is valuable as a pseudo-defense the build in general is already performing. this however doesn't "fix" the limitation stun builds typically have (being a melee). i've seen people use ground slam with inc AoE or leap slam for that purpose however so...

as general purpose it holds well, but yes the actual endurance gaining gems are more useful for general people.
The description has a typo i think;

Gain and endurance charge if a you stun an enemy with melee damage

Should be

Gain and endurance charge if you stun an enemy with melee damage
Noticed that when linked with shield charge which states that it always stuns, the stun animation plays but no endurance charge is gained. Though this may be a bug with shield charge, as the enemy also takes no damage despite being stunned.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Works wonders for me in this setup, far easier than relying on Warlords mark or endu cry solely for charges, i now find i have them up constantly not only when im 100% focused on cursing.

My only gripe is that it is only generating one charge per attack, now i know i see multiple targets stunned when i jump and the wording on the gem does state its per stun caused by melee?.... idk i guess being able to leap slam into a huge pack and instantly have full charges would be stupid and a lil op though.
IGN: EviiLe
Last edited by ImRight on Oct 14, 2013, 11:04:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info