[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Well the guide is updated for 2.0.0

Gotta rearrange some things, remake the section titles etc. but that can wait, the information is updated and that's what matters. :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 12, 2015, 7:26:23 AM
Added screenshots with my current offensive and defensive stats.

I'll update a quick Arid lake ( level 76 ) map video in 30-40 mins. -max res, extra projectiles, extra boss damage, plenty of devourers, an entire magic pack with reflect etc.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Ok guys so here is the Arid lake video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWWn97-pnlE&feature=youtu.be
Nice looking build. Wish i had of found this before i started my flicker build. Basically i went with claw/shield. I just love having a shield too much. Do you think it will be viable using a 1hander? i could do daggers or swords too. My build is interchangeable. Or do you think i will never get the damage i need per hit to make it work? Nice read, if my build fails prolly will do yours.
Dagger and shield sure can pull of the damage but you'll need to spec into crit. With expensive awesome gear, and with a crazy dagger a crit build can surely surpass mine in terms of damage.
Wow I'm glad your build is still working!

I unfortunately haven't tested on Standard yet with my DW build that I ran for Rampage onward. I also haven't been playing Flicker on Warbands because I wanted to focus on survivability & progression.

I agree with what you said - this wouldn't work without more sources of frenzy charges, blood rage isn't enough. Blood Dance is great, it's been the butter (blood rage being the bread) for this build for years and is even more essential now than ever. Here I was thinking I could drop those boots after the physical damage change to blood rage!
I do stand by what I said about ice bite and poacher's mark. I play Cyclone on Warbands and run with blood rage and there's times where I kill whole packs without getting a charge with blood rage alone. Poacher's mark helps a lot.

One thing I have to say - I've been leveling with Enduring Cry & Rallying Cry manual cast and it's SOLID. You can rotate them once you have an endurance charge duration passive, and the damage boost + mana from Rallying cry are pretty amazing. They cast instantly too so it's safe. I'd even go to the point of saying that it's fun.

I'm sure you have as many sitting characters as me, if not more. Give the cries a shot :D
IGN: Frazetta
Last edited by Sicyo on Jul 13, 2015, 12:12:36 PM
Personally i always hated ( yes i know that it's a strong word but in this case it's accurate ) constant recasting of low duration buffs. And i'm not talking about the idea in general not just in Path of Exile. Are they useful - sure they are awesome! But it's just not my thing.

For me it would've been tolerable if the war cries could've been casted while you do other things ( i.e. while you are spinning with cyclone ) but unfortunately that's not the case.

Now i use Daresso's Defiance for pretty much everything .. so i have little use for enduring cry, though rallying cry is tempting ... gotta test a bit more i guess to see if it will grow on me. :P
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 13, 2015, 12:22:14 PM
This build looks awesome! I've been wanting to try out a flicker build forever and I was worried about 2.0, but it seems to be doing alright. I have a couple questions though... how endgame viable is this? Atziri/uber with the proper gear? Or maybe not?

This build could also be compared to a shadow crit flicker build (which seems to require more gear, since it's crit after all) - like this one: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041559/page/23. I like that this one likely is easier/cheaper to build, but do you think a crit build has more potential in end game? Maybe they're about even? I don't really know the pros and cons of the two builds, but it would be helpful in deciding which route to go. Regardless, thank you for the build.. it looks great!
Hey man!
A crit dagger build will always have more potential, in general crit builds have much more potential compared to non-crit builds ( with the exception of facebreakers ). Of course you need a lot more currency to reach the level of a non-crit build and even more to exceed it, but with enough exalts a crit build will eventually do better ( you know .. mirrored dagger, acuity etc. ).

Now about how end-game vible is .. that depends on what you consider to be the "end-game". Is it Atziri and Uber Atziri? Is it level 82 maps? Because yes you could do the highest level maps but no when it comes to atziri ... it's extremely difficult to do Atziri with a flicker build ( doesn't matter which one ) because it is hard to get frenzy charges and you can't use multistrike because of the mirror-holding atziri clone in the split phase.
Could swap out flicker for cyclone, and different supports if you want to try atziri with the same character ;)
IGN: Frazetta

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info