[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Hah, that's not what I meant. CWDT or CoH with Herald of Thunder!

Also, here's what initial build direction would look like to include the cold/freeze stuff. I intentionally left room (15+ points) for weapon specialization, more frenzy, more life, less crit, etc.

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwC_gSzBbULYQzyDY0PqxQgFSAV7Ba_GbQj9iT9JpUqCy2DNZI-z0d-Sn1NklBHUUdU_lVLVYVbr18_YeJirGVNZ5to8myMbWxwUnDVcql343gNeWiCm4TZh3aJ04w2jX2Nv5J9mG-ZK5o7naqf36IAo4qly6lurj6vbLTFtUi18rkdvTa9gb3mvqfAGsEEwuzE9sauypDYvdwj3Q3fhOFz45_kUeXP51TuDu8O73zwH_Pq9zL5Y_zF_94=

I was suggesting crit because crits have 100% chance to freeze. Guess you could do without crit if you really hate it that much.

And yeah, I feel like Flicker was forgotten about when they made this change. It really doesn't make sense.
IGN: Frazetta
Last edited by Sicyo on Jul 7, 2015, 4:54:51 PM
I strongly suggest to pick up acrobatics and phase acrobatics.
In PoE there are 2 godly defensive mechanics - Acro + Phase Acro and Block. Not using any of them is not a wise decision.
Amplify is not that helpful when it comes to just melee splash and 2 points are kind of too much for it too be worth it, not until you have better things to pick. Retribution for instance is a perfect node because it doesn't give physical or elemental damage but just melee damage... plenty of it actually... and 5% attack speed on top of that.

P.S. I've edited my previous post with some additional thoughts.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 7, 2015, 4:56:53 PM
I left room in the tree for Acrobatics :)

I've been playing for years, don't worry about teaching me, let's theorycraft.
Last edited by Sicyo on Jul 7, 2015, 4:56:01 PM
Well actually if you plan to go cold/freeze why not go elemental all the way? I don't really see a reason to grab the phys nodes in the duelist start .. or to pick duelist at all ... shadow or templar seem like much better choice.

EDIT:
The way i see it there are 2 ways to pull off the elemental crit flicker
1. Full elemental Dagger crit shadow
2. Hybrid crit Catalyst flicker ... maybe even dual wielding 2 catalysts

P.S. let me think of some trees

EDIT2:
Maybe something like this:
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAF4C_gW1Bx4ILgzyDY0OSA-rEYERlha_GY4i6iP2JIsk_SaVKgss4TBxMHw6Qj7PQsNFfEcGSVFKfUtXS3hNklFHVUtW-l3yX7Bh4mKsY6dnoGyMb55wUnBWcNV3B3f9fXV944MJhMWHE4d2idOMNo19jb-QG5Uul5eaE5u1nKSdqqOKpcusZrQ4tMW5Pr3mwOPC7MM6ykrTftQj2Hbb1Nvn3UbdqN-E45_lGedU6Nbtg-4O73rw1fGz8-r79fzF_rr_3g==

or for a hybrid build

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAAYB3AL-BLMFtQthDPINjRQgFSAV7BX2Fr8ZtBo4I_Yk_SaVJy8qCy2DMHw1kj7PRtdHfkp9TZJQR1FHVUtVhVcpWfNbr18_YeJieWKsZU1nm2jybIxtbG87cFJw1XGFcg9yqXfjeA15aIKbhNmHdonTjDaNfY2_kFWSfZhvmSuaO52qn9-iAKOKpcumf6lurKquPq9ssUKxs7TFtUi18rkdvTa9gb3mvqfAGsEEwuzE9sauypDYvdq53CPdDd-E4XPjn-RR5c_nVO1B7g7vDu988B_z6vcy_MX_3g==
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 7, 2015, 5:15:39 PM
I feel like it's easier to stack phys damage and get a high phys weapon and use hatred + herald of ice + other cold sources. Just by using those and crit swords, I freeze pretty much everything I touch.

I was just grabbing the freeze bonuses because they're near where I'm going with my tree anyways. I don't do pure flicker, I use cyclone and dual strike situationally in 4 links. It's really versatile and was an invaluable during the Masters release for Vorici missions.

But to entertain the elemental ideas...

Feedback on your shadow tree - I would get Fingers of Frost also. It's really closeby and has a great unique bonus that would help against enemies that you don't one-shot. Stacks nicely with Hypothermia.

There's also another 90% cold damage you can get with 8 points. Flash Freeze & Fangs of Frost.
Plus there's 40% crit for one-handers down there too. "One Handed Critical Strike Chance"

Part of the reason I like sticking with Duelist is Master of the Arena & Art of the Gladiator are so close. So is all the Marauder damage/life and crit stuff is within reach on both sides. He's just got a very versatile starting point for melee.
Last edited by Sicyo on Jul 7, 2015, 6:00:26 PM
Stacking physical is indeed easier and has other benefits like life/mana leech.

And honestly for me the best weapon for a phys/ele hybrid crit build is the Doryani's Catalyst.
Dual wielding 2 of them could give you a total of 220% increased elemental damage, 80% global crit chance and 2% ele life leech and at the same time it has good base crit chance, great damage and great attack speed. I honestly can't think of a better weapon for such a build ( even mirrored weapons are not that much better ).

It is a good weapon and would be great for hybrid phys/cold. I think a high phys, high crit Vaal or Harpy Rapier should suffice until then, due to the weapon range and crit mods. Did I mention I'm a sucker for swords?
Well sounds like something that might be viable ... tho i'm not sure when and if i'll try it .. tho i do have some of the needed gear :

Spoiler
and i do have a 6L Daresso's Defiance which i can't link because i have too many characters and the website won't allow me to scroll down to the one that has the chest -_-
Yeah I'm having that issue too. It seems like sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I've tried the blood rage on beta and it really makes me upset.
"
Sicyo wrote:
Yeah I'm having that issue too. It seems like sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I've tried the blood rage on beta and it really makes me upset.

Oh do tell! I haven't tried it yet ... how does it feel? Are you using Blood Dance on top of that ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info