[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Hey again,

i made a selffound flicker-built again and had lots of fun.
Still, now i "hit the wall" around merc act 3 and got some built-related question.

You dont go for "unwavering stance" anymore (i think this guide was going for it before) which i have taken, aswell as you seem to dodge "Path of the Warrior". Care to explain why? :o

Also i definately deal not enough damage because i havent decided on a weapon type yet (and dont have great equipment, but thats another story). Atm i use Rigvalds Charge which is more of a weapon choice for cruel (well and a sword). I wanted to use staffs but it seems impossible to find an awesome staff for fighters AND get the required INT ,which i would have to get by gear (which I fail at) or further skillpoints (which i dont want). Did you ever use Staffs?

Well this is my build atm, still got some points left - advice welcome. I Use Flicker with bloodmagic, Multi and AOE , aswell as Grace and Hatred.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAFFJHfmVNbmmE2ZkrvYG-p8AP0k3V7WqTtkFOKimlW6_A83z1iiLApt0N_MVW-u4Oo4oj9k2S-WO95qmUkGyHamEhhO907XrvYEsFLRpVZKM26DpSDjyfy1iveA2pbrXybqpKyDWS2L3-CvJFOuGmVzGetz7GrjwtxPYn7ayqcql82Q==

I take both passives but at later stages of the game. Because there are more needed passives that we must take ( in my opinion ) before those two. Path of the warrior gives less damage now, and it doesn't give life. As for unwavering stance - take it earlier if you feel that you are getting stunned frequently.

I haven't used staffs yet but i like them a lot. The int requirements are easily met with just with 1 or 2 +30 INT nodes ( and we have easy access to those ). Staffs are pretty cool due to their block chance.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hey Korgoth, great guide, loved flicker ever since I first learned about the blood rage interaction. I'm playing a flicker Maura along with a friend this league as a secondary character, and here's my question: How do Heralds of Ice and Ash work in the build? Would they be worth sacrificing Hatred for? I'm currently running Herald of Ash and it seems pretty strong, but then I'm using a decent unique weapon so I could just be outscaling all the content as well (Still in normal). Thanks and keep up the good work!
It's not worth it to sacrifice Hatred for Herald of Ash because Hatred gives you a lot more damage but here is the good part - you can actually use Hatred + Grace + Herald of Ash. In order to do that you need level 20 Reduced Mana support gem and 4% reduced mana reservation from the skill tree! As for Herald of Ice - it's not a skill suitable for this build. It is good for elemental build not physical damage ones.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Aug 27, 2014, 3:12:50 AM
And what u say about Poacher's Mark for cast on damage taken instead Temporal chains ?
Not such a good curse for this build. The life gained per hit is worse than the life leech that you can get from Warlord's Mark and the mana per hit is nice but inconsistent. You can't trigger the curse whenever you want to so you can't rely on it to keep your mana up.
Which lvl of Hatred is used in the endgame? Build's breakdown shows us a mere 34 int in total, it's only supports 8 lvl Hatred - 29% cold dmg versus +36% at 20 lvl. Tho 7% doesn't seems much, but anyway, maybe it's a good idea to make some +30 int nodes included?
As i've explained if needed you should take some but you can get the needed attributes from your gear, so i won't include nodes which are not needed by everybody :)
Personally i use level 30 hatred.
can u do atziri with it?
never tried it... but if you are careful you should be able to do it .. although i can't 100% confirm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info