[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Can i use this as first build on first character with no currency, just to do low level maps or not high end things, till i get enought currency/items?
It is absolutely possible to make this your league starter, at least i do often
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
It is absolutely possible to make this your league starter, at least i do often

Thanks mate, i guess it will be a bit hard/boring without any of the items from build but it really looks awesome so i want to master it... Btw, i only play hc even if i dont know to play.
I wouldn't recommend this build for HC though, the unpredictable nature of flicker strike is definitely not something you want when you play HC
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Did you ever go around testing this build on something that's NOT a duelist? Or are the duelist ascendancies so good for this build, that even the non-slayer ones blow everything out of the water? Was thinking of raider especially, maaaaaaaybe scion?
In my opinion are vastly inferior to a slayer both defensively and offensively. I've tried a raider once ... was not impressed at all.
How can we level this build if we have no currency as a league starter?
"
KorgothBG wrote:
In my opinion are vastly inferior to a slayer both defensively and offensively. I've tried a raider once ... was not impressed at all.

Yeah, right after asking wanted to atleast see what the builds could give on paper on PoB. It felt like they could be okay, but then I realized just how overpowered slayer is and how much you'd be missing. It feels like it could only work out if youre going for oros or something, but that's a whole other build and even then slayer is just so juicy now... Will be trying out the slayer route afterall now, thanks for the amazing guide!
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Flicker Strike
- Flicker strike + Multistrike + Melee Splash*
- Flicker strike + Multistrike + Melee Splash* + Melee physical damage
- Flicker strike + Multistrike + Melee Splash* + Melee physical damage + Fortify*
- Flicker strike + Multistrike + Melee Splash* + Melee physical damage + Fortify* + Melee Physical Damage on Full life + Ruthless

*When you pick the Slayer ascendancy sub-class, you'll get melee splash from it so you won't need the support gem, instead pick both Faster Attacks and Added Fire Damage for the 6L gem setup. Note that you should use the melee splash support gem UNTIL you actually get the Slayer's ascendancy splash passive!

This section is a little confusing regarding Slayer. One part says to use Flicker strike + Multistrike + Melee physical damage + Fortify + Melee Physical Damage on Full life + Ruthless (which is a full 6 link) The other says to use Faster Attacks and Added Fire Damage for the 6L gem setup. So what is the proper 6L for a slayer.
@AgentX2009
Thanks for noticing! It seems that i've changed the support gem setup but forgot to fix the note! It should be fine now (both Faster Attacks and Added Fire Damage don't have a place in this build atm)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info