[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

For atziri ... i really can't say ... but just like you've said it's all about the fight and hardly the stats.

And about the jewels ... you are absolutely correct .. i've forgot to talk about the jewels! I was sure that i did ... probably mixed it with my other guide ( or perhaps i've accidently deleted the section after an update or something? ). In any case thanks for bringing this up, i'lll write a few lines in the gear section.

But yes the ideal rare jewel would have

Prefixes:
16% increased Physical Damage (or 16% increased physical damage with the weapon type that you are using)
7% increased maximum Life

Suffixes:
10% increased Damage (or 12% increased Area Damage)
12% increased Melee Damage
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jun 20, 2016, 1:19:34 PM
"
nothingtoxic wrote:

my bad checked now have to specc in revelery to get it in south of duelist then your idea at acro might be better

Yea I used to think there would be better, but that frenzy node isnt on the jewel range fml, so I'd rather get res/ev, than mana and endurance (as I plan do get a 6L disfavour and maybe kaom's heart, but using daresso's defiance+rampage gloves is fun xD)
"
spetakju wrote:
"
nothingtoxic wrote:

my bad checked now have to specc in revelery to get it in south of duelist then your idea at acro might be better

Yea I used to think there would be better, but that frenzy node isnt on the jewel range fml, so I'd rather get res/ev, than mana and endurance (as I plan do get a 6L disfavour and maybe kaom's heart, but using daresso's defiance+rampage gloves is fun xD)

if i just could cope with teh resists and life loss from my gloves i would prolly try those rampage gloves but that would strain to get exalt like items to get to that point since i would otherwise lack HP soon hiting the 4k mark

and i guess for Atziri lvl 20 gems would be a + aswell alla round or even some with Quality even
Last edited by nothingtoxic on Jun 20, 2016, 3:59:23 PM
After playing most of the league with the cookie cutter EQ build, i decided to go Flicker again for fast clearspeed! Haven't played one since talisman.

What are your opinions of the very powerful uniques Voidheart and Cospri's will for this build? Voidheart bleed+poison are very strong for any melee build, in flicker its probably best against bosses.

Cospri's will on the other hand has big evasion, one more curse, poison and bypasses hexproof, an incredibly strong item.

Thanks for the guide!
Well the Voidheart is ok, though it actually does something only when engaging bosses because everything else is 1-2 shots ( depending on your damage ). Still if you don't need resists from one of your rings it's a good choice.

As for Cospri's will. The poison is ok though it is only noticeable ( kind of noticeable without passive skill tree support ) in boss fights, the hexproof in my experience was never an issue and the extra curse means that you'll have to give up hatred, and i really don't see that as a better option. On top of tat it lacks the good stuff that other unique chests bring to the table. Personally i wouldn't use it, note that i don't mean that the chest is not usable, or even not good with this build, just not the best option in my opinion.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Any thoughts on using Weapon elemental instead of faster attacks as 6th link?
As a Slayer that is.
Last edited by Kaarface on Jun 22, 2016, 11:30:52 PM
It certainly is an option.
"
Kaarface wrote:
Any thoughts on using Weapon elemental instead of faster attacks as 6th link?
As a Slayer that is.

Was also thinkign about the 6th link. my new favorite would be "Melee dmg on max life". Doesnt always work but considering the (over)Leech and the huge dmg buff it works out well.
Bad news, I am trying your build so it means that it will probably be nerfed soon. Tried Voltaxic LA last time just before it was nerfed to the ground.

Never played with Flicker Strike before and I have some questions on how to best use this skill. It is currently assigned to my left button, at first I was targeting a monster but I found that it was difficult to target monsters all the time. Started using SHIFT instead, this works much better but it makes using flasks that much harder. Changed the mapping for my 3 utility flasks to S, D and F, it takes some time to get use to the new mapping. How is your setup?

Here is my current gear, let me know if you have any suggestions on changes I should make.

I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
Last edited by frogemoth on Jun 23, 2016, 9:51:18 AM
@Ezrael49
Melee damage on full life is certainly a support that i'll test a bit today to see if it fits well. Last time i've tested it it didn't really worked most of the time though.

@frogemoth
Hopefully it won't be nerfed too hard :P I don't think it is popular enough to get a nerf though ... furthermore Oro is the "popular" way to make a flicker striker ( even though i personally find it inferior... unless you are a party player ) thus in my opinion the build is safe ... for now at least.
Now about using flicker strike. Flicker strike auto targets so you don't need to point the target OR to hold shift. Just click on the ground and if a monster is within your range you will flicker on it.
Your gear looks good and i can't really suggest an upgrade that costs reasonable amounts of currency
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jun 23, 2016, 10:52:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info