[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

What are your thoughts on grabbing the cluster of aura nodes for 4% reduced mana reserved and using that to run Hatred + Blasphemy with 1 curse + one Herald(maybe ash)? Hatred/Blasphemy is 85% * .92(enlighten 3) * .96(reduced reserved) = 75.027. Herald is 25% * .96 (reduced reserved) = 24. Together you'd just barely scrape by, or do I misunderstand how the math for this works?

I'm using Hezmana's Axe, so it's not like I need the mana for anything else.
Playing Path of exile after a long time. Used to die a lot with this build before Ascendancy. Well, not anymore. Slayer just fits perfectly for this build..Loads of life leech, Free melee splash, onslaught and culling strike. Just perfect with even 5 link.
Currently at level 83 with 4.8K hp..

Bought the blood dance when it was cheap af during Torment league and I think Blood dance is a must for this build inspite of Blasphemy+Poacher's mark.(6 frenzy charges up all the time + onslaught is freaking insane!!!) Bought the sword in Torment too (633 dps). Resists a bit uncapped but doesn't matter really. Clear speed is unreal! Tooltip shows 12K damage per Flicker strike with max frenzy charges, atziri's promise and lion's roar up.(flasks are also up all the time because of Poacher's mark) Will get Taste of Hate soon.

Finally, thanks for this bloody awesome guide! Perfect in every way! You're a genius (can't get more cheesy than this) Cheers mate! :D
Tried this in prophecy just for fun, then quickly realized this is the fastest most overpowered build I have ever attempted so thank you! Got to 88/89 in under 2 days playtime (48 hrs). thought process was use crit, use staves for generating endurance charges, and use blood rage + dancers for frenzy, and assassin's mark should outperform poacher's by a ton in terms of damage and mana and also gen power charges. Lastly, I removed going to the right of the duelist tree completely as it seemed like too many nodes for too little gain, so no dodge. I went for staff nodes near templar + life/armor nodes (instead of dodge). I basically just alch'd tier 7/8 maps to level 89 doing all but phys reflect.

open to suggestions as crit staff drifts a bit from the obvious axe build everyone seems to be doing

TODO:
1. taste of hate + ice bite, giving better damage and easier frenzy charges, also freeing up boots slot (replacing dancers for some better boots)
2. 6L chest with 1.5k armor
3. hegemony's era *might* be better than what I have, but I can't confirm. when rich as f, can double check
Last edited by riotmakerr on Jun 15, 2016, 5:21:27 PM
@syntyche
Sadly your math is incorrect. You need 10% reduced mana reservation to be able to run Hatred + 1 curse on blasphemy + Herald of Ash.

I'd suggest to use this awesome calculator when planning:
https://poe.mikelat.com/#aUPwsj/A=fZ.5b

@krazydude
Thanks mate ^^

@riotmakerr
I'm glad that everything works out well for you.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
@syntyche
Sadly your math is incorrect. You need 10% reduced mana reservation to be able to run Hatred + 1 curse on blasphemy + Herald of Ash.

I'd suggest to use this awesome calculator when planning:
https://poe.mikelat.com/#aUPwsj/A=fZ.5b

Ah yeah, I plugged it into that already - I was just also thinking of linking level 3 enlighten to hatred / blas. Something like this: https://poe.mikelat.com/#g0K2Ld/y79hb.6/9b.-
I'd have to drop the vaal grace / inc duration to link blood rage with blood magic though.

On the subject of vaal grace, I've been struggling a bit with it. It seems I can't cast it while flickering, but the times I actually need it if I stop flickering long enough to cast it, I end up dying. Is there a trick to it I'm missing?
Ah yes with level 3 enlighten you'll be ok

The way i use vaal grace is the following:
1. Oh it looks like the map boss is near
2. Press "W"
3. Kill the map boss

that's it.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Would the new Voidheart ring be good for this build?
It is ok ... but i don't see it as something especially great to be honest.
Would blood rage only for frenzy charges be viable if one was lucky enough to get this on a helm?

"Blood Rage grants additional 30% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Kill"
it could very well be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info