[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Hey, I just wanted to say a big thank you for this detailed and very well written guide.

Your build has made me addicted to PoE, I have been playing 8-10 hours a day for the past 3 weeks. Flicker has the best feeling I've ever tried in an ARPG and I wouldn't have tried it if it wasn't 2handed (I dislike daggers very much). It truly feels like I'm a godlike slayer, jumping in and murdering everything!
The map clearing speed is just insane and if I played a bit more carefully, I would be lvl 94 (I died a lot from mines on the ground while looking at loot and some 1-shots from bosses).

The only drawback I had with this build so far is, that everything else I have to do when not killing stuff (looting, selling, stashing) feels like I'm doing them in slow motion :D

Here's my gear, I've been really lucky with the drops and could afford to buy some very good items
Spoiler

I tried playing with both Blood Dance and Darkray boots, the former are not required for sure, as you said frenzy charges generate just fine with rare boots, while the latter felt more of a burden with the decreased frenzy duration and no movement speed. So I picked some boots with life+chaos res+movement speed and haven't looked back!

And I would also like to declare my undying love for this weapon
Spoiler
filling up my flasks non-stop and saving me a couple of passive points, it has carried me all the way to lvl 92 until I replaced it with Atziri's Disvafor. Please respect this weapon and give it kisses!

I also feel that the fire golem is pretty much useless. Even with the helmet enchant from lab (100% increased fire golem buff), flicker's av. dmg increases by just 500 dmg. Its only usefulness so far is that it draws aggro from mobs and bosses, so it takes some nasty hits instead of me.

By the way, I have been swapping faster attacks with culling strike and I can't decide which one is better, with faster attacks it feels that I have to attack the big elite mobs more times, while with culling they die quicker. Everything else of course dies with 1 hit so I can't tell the difference. Could be my imagination, but it doesn't help that flicker's tooltip doesn't display damage per second.

Also grats on the belt, must get me one of these too.
Last edited by Vasilas on Apr 2, 2016, 7:03:27 PM
Just did a tier 1, lvl 68 map at level 60 using this build.

Cadiro was inside and sold me Darkrays!

The boss killed me twice.
This build has really worked wonders for me, I appreciate it. I kinda hit a roof where I didn't think I could upgrade anything without spending ridiculous amounts of money but then while trying to 5l my daressos I accidentally 6l'ed it with under 100 fusing xD. Let me know if there is any easy upgrades I can make to my gear without spending over ~3 exalts or so
Spoiler
I think the Kaom's Primacy is amazing due to the culling strike making my new 6l daressos almost a 8l (with culling strike and melee splash added(melee splash from slayer ascendancy)) I am thinking of saving/buying an empower but don't know which of the gems I should replace for it in my daressos.
@Vasilas
Well i also did some faster attacks vs. culling strike testing. While culling strike reduces the needed time to off a boss and generally boosts your damage per hit, faster attacks increases your map clear speed, like you said ... most of the enemies die in 1 hit so most of the time the clear speed depends solely on how fast you can deliver that hit. Because of that i've decided to stick to faster attacks ( for now )

@Seeker917
Well you can definitely work on your rings and amulet - they have absolutely NO life and NO flat physical damage.
Also Empower for anything but spells is crap, not just crap ... but an absolutely useless crap.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
How I started running MF version of this build

I would like to thank you for this incredible guide, although I kinda took it and twisted it around xD
I started Perandus as MF Caustic arrow, but the clear speed was not that fast, you had to target and run and whatever. Also I was trying to maximize my IIQ and IIR and when I got Greed Embrace, the movement speed with Goldwyrm was just meh. So I aked myself a question how to speed it up, I tried Quickilvers, Phase Run and everything seemed kinda slow and non sustainable. Then I discovered Flicker, first ran it as Oro flicker, but the damage cap was not that high, but otherwise it was fine. The physical version allowed me to take Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics which improved my defenses a lot, since the best hit is a no hit :P The damage output also raised with Atziri Disfavour.

Running Arctic armour which is excellent with Flicker, Herald of Ash for some extra damage and of course Poacher´s mark. Also on my CWDT setup for extra protection layer Molten Shell.

Sitting on 324 IIR/ 72% IIQ on perandus softcore, have no troubles clearing maps, highest I have tested is 9 since I haven´t got my hands on higher tier yet. Capping my resistances with Jewels mostly, since the Ventor´s are again very sacrifical ones. I find it to be the fastest clear speed MF char I ever had and I tried very many of them such different totems, CA... It is also a one button smasher so very easy to play xD

Gear:
Last edited by merlin89 on Apr 3, 2016, 9:54:26 AM
This build can run multiple setups. I'm currently switching between flicker and earthquake. Earthquake is more defensive due to the massive stuns, and depending on the map mods/bosses, it might be a good idea to switch up. For bosses, surrounded by few to no adds, earthquake is definitely better IMO.

I ended up going champion over slayer, because earthquake can't use melee splash, but both flicker and earthquake save a gem link by getting perma fortify. Earthquake also uses the same link colors.

I made some minor changes to the skill grid over what TC had. I'm using Kongor's because I can't afford Atziri's atm, and if you use Kongors you can save 2 skill points from not needing RT.

I don't think its a bad idea to give up a couple life nodes to get some extra life/mana leech from the board either.

I'm still stuck using Tabula Rasa, unfortunately. But I got a beefy amount of HP. Around 4400. Life regen with the stone golem out gives me around 500/sec HP regen with full frenzy charges. I also prefer Blood Dance to Darkray vectors. If you use blood dance, you don't really need poachers mark. Blood rage + Blood Dance gives you plenty of frenzy charges. That also frees up your mana pool up to maybe use something else, like warlord's mark maybe. But that's only if you go with a different armor than Daresso's.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 4, 2016, 3:24:34 AM
Still a fan of swords!

Thought I would share my progress in Perandus, level 92 halfway to 93:

Spoiler

Still trying to get a useful helm enchant. I'm disappointed I didn't have much time to run Labyrinth yesterday because the layout was so nice.

Also, I LOVE Sulphur Flasks. I've got a small collection of them and swap out depending on which map I'm running. Coupled with the huge flask duration from The Retch, it really helps to keep things running smoothly.

IGN: Frazetta
Last edited by Sicyo on Apr 4, 2016, 11:52:27 AM
Hey guys i've updated the offense and defense screenshots. Also i plan on adding another video with the Headhhunter in action ( probably later today )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I'm excited for you, Headhunter is a treat. You should do a Gorge with and without to compare clear speed!
IGN: Frazetta
"
Sicyo wrote:
I'm excited for you, Headhunter is a treat. You should do a Gorge with and without to compare clear speed!

Good idea!
I'm uploading 3 videos as i post this - Labyrinth, Apex of Sacrifice and Wasteland.

I'll do the 2 gorge runs after that :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info