[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

"
KorgothBG wrote:

As for skills i'd suggest that you use Cleave until level 19 when you'll swith it to Flicker Strike+ Melee Splash+ Multistrike and you'll have Blood Rage.

I think here is where I misunderstood. Will hold off on Blood Magic until my HP can support it.

Thanks for the clarification!
Did not read all the posts but I have to say its a fun build to lvl, still waiting to wear my Kaoms primacy (only lvl 55 now)

I have to say I had no troubles at all lvling until I hit merciless, the -60% chaos resist doesnt help so I'm searching for items with some chaos resist, still usinf Geofri Baptism and my DPS is about 4k.

I was wondering if a spell totem + chain + arc would be usefull to shock ennemies?

Also I'm yet to drop a CODT gem, might end buying one tho.
CwDT is extremely helpful .. you'll notice the difference when you get one ( it is a quest reward in the quest in the Library.. the one with the golden pages.. but not always )
Chaos damage was never a problem for me... but if you have problems then yes.. find some chaos res gear :)
With this build you really don't have time to cast things like totems. It could be useful on a CwDT .. never thought of it ... i guess it's something that's worth to be checked... but stil the chance to shock will be very limited ( just 20% at 20% quality gem) and the lightning damage will be low so the shock duration will be also quite brief.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Bought one and then dropped one so I'm good with CWDT, still missing the enduring cry gem but that should not be hard to find.

Finally equipped Kaom's my dps just doubled, even more.

Why did you took the elemental weapon damage on the tree if I might ask? The fire damage from Kaom is pretty low I think and you could benefit by taking more axe or 2H damage nodes I think.
"

Why did you took the elemental weapon damage on the tree if I might ask?

Two reasons:
Hatred
Added Fire Damage

Actualy half of my damage is elemental damage ( check out "Statistics" )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Welp I finally got my Life on Hit gem leveled a bit and my HP not so tiny, and this. is. a. blast!
Okay trying to decide between your build or PEWPEWs dual one-hander build.... Mind explaining why you chose a two hander and not to dual wield. THANKS!
Pros. Of 2handed
+ Alot more Damage ( that means alot faster clearing speed, alot easier to keep your frenzy charges at amx stacks all the time, alot easier to onehit your enemies and that means that you are less likely to take damage )
+ Constant damage output - flicker strike alternates weapons when dual wielded

Pros of Dual Wield
+ Block
+ Soul taker... if you can afford one
Hey. Loving this build, it's so fun. Died at lvl45 from puncture first time but now I'm back at it again. Here to the question: I'm having real mana problems at lvl54 with just 4L and I've taken all the mana nodes you've suggested, do I hunt after a 5L and go blood magic with life on hit or just go with 3L.
Very important thing for mana sustain is the mana leech. Do you have mana leech?

Anyway this build work's better with blood magic gem... and you really don't need Life gain on hit to sustain it. try Blood magic in your 4L item and see the results. If you don't like them then you should find a 5L chest/weapon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info