What's happening when Anarchy/Onslaught leagues end?

"
Chris wrote:

It's less rude to nerf items, skills or builds when there's a new set of four month leagues starting (with a free passive reset).

Chris, does it mean that you treat new leagues as passives reset or there will be passives reset to all leagues?

I'm quite interested in the latter, as I would like to clean up builds of my (too many;)) alts but after Anarchy experiences, I'm definitely not interested in starting from scratch ever again, so I'm not planning to create character in any new non-permanent league.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Imho, it is a very very bad thing, to create op legacy items. 1. it is not fair. 2. the whining about it will never stop. Ppl will take it way easier, if u nerf all of the items, than just to nerf new drops. While leaving op legacy items in game for ever will create lots and lots of whining (to what u probably give in), as long as these items r in game. Nerfing all of the items will create some disturbance for a short period of time, because it will be fair to all. After it will be over, but will never be, if u do, what u want to do.

I'm talking here from the experience. I play battlefield play4free and the was a similar problem. Devs rebalanced all the weapons in game, but left old ones in previous state, as legacy items. They all were op, less recoil, deviation, more bullets per mag, for some, more dmg. There where so much whining about it in forums, that they decided to take a way all the op legacy stuff and made it only +3, which means 3 more dmg and bullets per mag. And still there is lots of whining in forums about those +3 weapons. And ppl payed real money for these weapons, which got nerfed, not just some drop in game. I was and owner of several such legacy weapons and for me it was ok, that they were nerfed.

So plz reconsider ur decision, make it fair for everybody and save urself lots of trouble.
So pretty much the worst case scenario that I had imagined.
Keeping the hardcore league irrelevant (what is the point of all these racing rewards?) and to a lesser extent the standard league too (there will always be lots of standard players), and splitting the playerbase in 4 different directions at release.
Good luck GGG.
I've been saying it for almost a year now:
ggg knowingly and intentionally destroy standard league.
pathetic.

I mean is it hard to man up and do the nerfs properly? ggg is acting now exactly like a scared little girl.

It is already ultra-bad that ALL anarchy (chars, gears, items, uniques-only etc all) gets transfered to standard.
But to make it even bad, worse, catastrophic they will allow two-three-whatever versions of the same unique to exist in standard!

A super-overpowered kaom with 1000 life will still exist, will not spawn anymore but will spawn with say like 700 life!!!
Unbelievable mistake made by a scared developer who doesnt put the health of the game as their first priority!

It's their mistake to begin with by allowing super-op uniques to spawn in the game and they "correct" it by leaving them ALL in the game! speachless.
When the obvious solution is to make all kaom (including old ones) with 700 life.
Easy. Painless. Healthy. Reasonably. Logical.

And will be the same with shavrone, lioneye, soultaker etc. They will "balance" them by allowing more versions, including the old super-op ones, to exist in the game!

Disappointing developer/developing stance. Shame on you ggg.

Also, pathetic too with the onyx base value. Why the faq not ALL onyxes get to max +16 ???
Why the old ones have to be left in game with +20?
The same little girl scared illogically.

Uniques that doesnt spawn anymore left in standard? delete them all god damn it. A healthy game (in all leagues, including standard) should be your first priority!!!

And theres more but how they deal with super-op uniques and the onyxes is just blatantly outrageous.

I repeat: Shame on you ggg. You deserve it.
Maybe a decent tradeoff would be to have legacy unique not tradable.. If you want to sell it, you would need to divine it first.
Severely nerfing legacy unique is absolut no way, and GGG knows that. People asking for that are just too far from the reality of this business. And this is especially true for Kaom and Shav with builds designed around them.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Sep 23, 2013, 5:49:33 AM
I am also for the nerf of existing onyx.

Since they are at the moment so common, they will affect the future game very long and generate a new market which is ruled by old players - very likely this means ppl will be divided into different ethics and go on quarreling forever, make new comers feel unfair and hate to follow up.

There is no more legacy merge now and plz just let old leagues be more "fair" because ppl are still playing them and many new comers will regard it as "standard mode". So just appease them please.

And if you are afraid of making existing builds nerfed / unusable. just give us a full respec and most of us will be satisfied and may even hope for more nerf in the future.
RIP standard and hardcore.
"
Malone wrote:
Maybe a decent tradeoff would be to have legacy unique not tradable
It's a beta. Don't feel afraid to nerf Kaom of people who grinded months to get it - it's a beta in which they are willingly participating in, and they should be aware that at any point in Beta GGG can nerf/remove/reset anything they want.

As someone who after 10 months of playing still doesn't have one top end unique, nor will I probably ever have, it doesn't concern me too much.

I've already complained a lot about drop rates, and at this point I'm here until Dark Souls 2 drops, and until community reviews D3 exp.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Not sure why people are getting upset over the item nerfs and legacy uniques. They have shown that they intend to keep chaining new leagues, so the leagues these items are in are completely irrelevant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info