What's happening when Anarchy/Onslaught leagues end?

"
Promo1987 wrote:
"
iFiNiTi wrote:
Lol if theres something that needs to be nerfed its the fricken 1k es 3 resists 6 sockets ES chests, not kaoms with 0 sockets no resists.

+1

+1
"
Malone wrote:
what ? did you read what I quoted ?

And you are completely wrong, legacy item is GOOD for the game, it makes unique even more unique :) Really like the idea of uniques that can't drop anymore, that's sexy.

I agree to an extent. If they decide to do leagues later in game that bring back old items/ create new versions of older items and then move to standard later, as well as doing what they are doing now with creating rarity with the items from anarchy/onslaught as they wont drop anymore. I think its an amazing idea. It makes the world more realistic and the gameplay more unique. It also creates a desire to play the new leagues instead of staying in standard and just rotting out. The item selection become unlimited, gear becomes legendary, players can wear gear and say mine is the best in game. That is awesome! Maybe somewhere far down the road... someone can say I have the last +1k life Kaom's in game. That is awesome :P
"
scorpitron wrote:
"
Avu wrote:

The funny thing is that many people won't play the new leagues myself included though the devs are trying so very hard to make me with their drop only uniques.

So are you saying that by allowing some legacy items..the devs are trying to "make you" play in new leagues? That is a stretch!

what does limited playtime have to do with anything? that should make you WANT to be in new leagues, you know...the leagues where there are not already mass amounts of wealth concentrated at the top...why are you not up in arms about that? this negates your next paragraph where you acknowledge a element of envy but try to deflect to other more "relevant" reasons. this really is all about envy for you isn't it?

keep in mind i have none of these legacy items so i have no items to protect here, i just like these special kinds of legacy items in games and have yet to read a credible argument why this is such a bad idea (especially considering we have had them in game all year, silverbranch for example...)

They are not trying to make me specifically play the new league they are trying to make everyone play them because it's easier for them to balance two leagues rather than four so they offer incentives for everyone to move over.

What limited play time has to do with it? I collect uniques and I make new wacky characters that are often very unique dependent. While some people can play on char for 4 months I play multiple. The item costs in terms of time investment either for dropping or trading for multiply. In a new league I simply do not have the time to drop or engage in that abomination that is so called trade (lots of item flipping mostly), nor do I fancy remaking a character just so I have a chance at drops (hi there mf sporker). I play alone I am limited in playtime and I play differently than some do. And while the new leagues will be somewhat free of the concentration of wealth at the top for a week or two we'll be back at square one after that. I still won't have the time the friends or the inclination to do high level maps with a dedicated magic finder in the team nor will I engage in trade. Meanwhile in standard I can still hope to drop all the items eventually even if it takes me a year and I'm not talking hypothetically here. I am actually playing mostly solo found. Without legacy items I can and hope that eventually I will drop all the uniques even if the newer ones take a while sometimes a long while after they were flavor of the month but with legacy there is 0 chance for my playstyle to work. I'd be forced to trade for legacy items and due to inflation and the general lack of speed of wealth generation I can achieve the popular ones I most likely NEVER be able to acquire.
"
Avu wrote:
"
scorpitron wrote:
"
Avu wrote:

The funny thing is that many people won't play the new leagues myself included though the devs are trying so very hard to make me with their drop only uniques.

So are you saying that by allowing some legacy items..the devs are trying to "make you" play in new leagues? That is a stretch!

what does limited playtime have to do with anything? that should make you WANT to be in new leagues, you know...the leagues where there are not already mass amounts of wealth concentrated at the top...why are you not up in arms about that? this negates your next paragraph where you acknowledge a element of envy but try to deflect to other more "relevant" reasons. this really is all about envy for you isn't it?

keep in mind i have none of these legacy items so i have no items to protect here, i just like these special kinds of legacy items in games and have yet to read a credible argument why this is such a bad idea (especially considering we have had them in game all year, silverbranch for example...)

They are not trying to make me specifically play the new league they are trying to make everyone play them because it's easier for them to balance two leagues rather than four so they offer incentives for everyone to move over.

What limited play time has to do with it? I collect uniques and I make new wacky characters that are often very unique dependent. While some people can play on char for 4 months I play multiple. The item costs in terms of time investment either for dropping or trading for multiply. In a new league I simply do not have the time to drop or engage in that abomination that is so called trade (lots of item flipping mostly), nor do I fancy remaking a character just so I have a chance at drops (hi there mf sporker). I play alone I am limited in playtime and I play differently than some do. And while the new leagues will be somewhat free of the concentration of wealth at the top for a week or two we'll be back at square one after that. I still won't have the time the friends or the inclination to do high level maps with a dedicated magic finder in the team nor will I engage in trade. Meanwhile in standard I can still hope to drop all the items eventually even if it takes me a year and I'm not talking hypothetically here. I am actually playing mostly solo found. Without legacy items I can and hope that eventually I will drop all the uniques even if the newer ones take a while sometimes a long while after they were flavor of the month but with legacy there is 0 chance for my playstyle to work. I'd be forced to trade for legacy items and due to inflation and the general lack of speed of wealth generation I can achieve the popular ones I most likely NEVER be able to acquire.

that was a lot of words to say you are just jelly you can't get some legacy items, and that is a selfish reason to not want others to keep what they earned.
~SotW HC Guild~

"
Avu wrote:
"
scorpitron wrote:
"
Avu wrote:

Sounds like theres far more than just legacy items that you'll never see.
"
mobutu wrote:
an axiom is an axiom, always true. so is 1+1 equal 2. always.
and how do you know what items do i have, had or will have? you dont. but it doesnt matter anyway, i want all the unbalanced items to be balanced, no matter if i have, had or will have them.

there's always the game that is more important and is above your 100% subjective selfish cry.

i think this is a crybot, no other explanation as to why it makes about zero sense yet still manages to insult everyone in a few page radius.

Legacy items already exist, the precedent was started long ago not sure why the hysteria here.
~SotW HC Guild~

"
scorpitron wrote:

i think this is a crybot, no other explanation as to why it makes about zero sense yet still manages to insult everyone in a few page radius.

Legacy items already exist, the precedent was started long ago not sure why the hysteria here.

I bet GGG could build a hydro-electric power plant next to the studio, put the forum server in there and run the studio completely off the river of tears!
Finest Hardcore Gaming Guild ~Soldiers of the Wasteland~ sotwguild.com
Am I reading this right? I literallt JUST bought a bunch of stash tabs in Anarchy and I'm goig to lose them in under two weeks when they become "remove only"? if that's the case good luck getting another dollar out of me.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
"
trav_dawg wrote:
Am I reading this right? I literallt JUST bought a bunch of stash tabs in Anarchy and I'm goig to lose them in under two weeks when they become "remove only"? if that's the case good luck getting another dollar out of me.

stash tab are linked to account, not linked to league.
If you have 20 stash tab with stuff inside, you will get 20 stash tab in Std + 20 stash tab coming from Anarchy , but remove only. So 40 stash tab total.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Sep 24, 2013, 1:31:37 PM
"
trav_dawg wrote:

lol your bought stash tabs apply to all leagues.
IGN: @Oos

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info