Ranged Attack Totem

"
RG_PankO wrote:
Since this topic is already created - can someone share his experience with the new totem?
What works best, what doesn't?
What's worth trying?

So far the summoner Skeletons totem has the best practical use imo.

This thread is about ranged attack totem. Summon Skeletons only works with Spell Totem.

My experience is that ranged attack totem is useless. With frenzy it does not provide frenzy charges. The totem really deals low damage. The only good combo I can think of is the old story with explosive arrows. Get Quillrain do it like everyone except that you also put ranged attack explosive arrow totems...
http://www.roadatlas.eu
Quick question.
Does this skill also require you to have a bow/wand equipped or would it be able to shoot if you had a melee weapon aslong as it was linked to a ranged attack?
Almost positive you need to have the appropriate weapon equipped.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
This skill uses the bow to do the attack

What about the features of the unique bows?

Will it have knockback/point blank (From point of view of totem?) Chin Sol

Will it have always pierce? Infractem

Will it fire 2 arrows? Death Harp
etc..

"
wooli wrote:
This skill uses the bow to do the attack

What about the features of the unique bows?

Will it have knockback/point blank (From point of view of totem?) Chin Sol

Will it have always pierce? Infractem

Will it fire 2 arrows? Death Harp
etc..

It works with chin sol (gets the knockback/damage) in my tests. Haven't got the other two to try, but I would assume they work too.
The only decent use i found was Ice shot + faster attacks.

So it now at least slows the mobs down (slower attacks and speed).

Ofc can add cold damage and some more .. but i dint have enough linked sockets :D

What completely sucks tho is that its STR based

ITs main use would be for dex chars (rangers).

So why str? it needs a lot more str then dex, so im stuck with lvl 2 - str has no place in my dex ranger build.

shouldn't it rather be a green/blue gem?
Release two versions, dex/int and dex/str where focus is on dex.
I used this with Harp, It does benefit from the extra arrow. It deals considerable dmg if you deal damage with a bow. Makes firing +elemental, piercing, GMP, Lightning arrows over and over not cost you all your mana. Cast once and forget.

Will be very OP in pvp for covering your rear. Add cold dmg perhaps for slow? Or a +chaos dmg support for quicker kills.

Also if you work toward the passive that adds str dmg to bows. It's often well worth the investment as you can easily grab a lot of other useful passives from the middle as well.
Last edited by Domainoft on Oct 8, 2012, 10:41:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info