Ranged Attack Totem

Since there's no thread for it yet, does anybody have one they could post? Would be nice to see it specifically before I decide whether or not to buy one and respec into extra totem on my BM Bow Mara.

Most importantly is whether it benefits from integer elemental damage mods from non-bow items and / or WED buffs (from anywhere), as that is currently where about 50% of my dps comes from..
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Dont know if that will help you, but here is a link of the one i got yesterday.
Unavailable
Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Amazing, tyvm :)
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Wait a minute...

It has the "Bow" subtype, so bow passives can affect a (wand) Power Siphon + Ranged Attack Totem? Please tell me that was just a naming error.
Tbh, I don't see the need for this support gem on ANY Ranger/BownArrow build. The support does half the attacking speed and 40% less damage than the original skill.

I suppose it makes for a good distraction and enemy bait depending on your build and build tactics.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
"
Islidox wrote:
Tbh, I don't see the need for this support gem on ANY Ranger/BownArrow build. The support does half the attacking speed and 40% less damage than the original skill.

I suppose it makes for a good distraction and enemy bait depending on your build and build tactics.

Like all totems, their main use (imo) will be to cast through doorways to thin out mobs before entering, so you're not bombarded with attacks as soon as you walk through. Even with the reduced speed and damage, they attack relentlessly, whereas you will need to kite mobs to survive. I don't think it will be terribly effective in maps (where support totem damage seems to fall way behind to the point of being negligible) but it will definitely be your best friend while leveling up!
Devolving Wilds
Land
"
pneuma wrote:
Wait a minute...

It has the "Bow" subtype, so bow passives can affect a (wand) Power Siphon + Ranged Attack Totem? Please tell me that was just a naming error.
The gem supports bow skills (bow tag) and wand skills (projectile tag, since there's isn't a specific tag for wand skills).

That does not imply that things that only apply to bows will apply to wands, only that this support can apply to either bow skills or wand skills.

The only actual thing those tags mean, other than helping people work out what active skills they can support, is that the ranged attack totem gem counts as a bow gem for purposes of "+1 to level of bow gems" (and the same with it's other tags). That's the only mechanical significance those gem tags ever have. Beyond that their purpose is just to make it easier to work out what can support what.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Sep 30, 2012, 6:54:47 PM
Thanks Mark, just wanted to make sure the expected results matched the actual results. I'd test it myself but don't have a RAT.
Since this topic is already created - can someone share his experience with the new totem?
What works best, what doesn't?
What's worth trying?

So far the summoner Skeletons totem has the best practical use imo.
Could be useful for throwing Poison Arrows out, I suppose, or maybe blinding/knocking back enemies with Split Arrow or something. Still, poison arrow's cloud lasts long enough and has a large enough AoE that it seems unnecessary to pop on a totem (much like curses on a totem...never understood why people do that when it's faster to cast the curse itself). As for knockback/blind, Flame Totem is ridiculous for that at a base 12 casts per second! Who knows, someone will probably come up with a cool idea for it eventually. ;)

EDIT: Does it give the caster Frenzy/Power Charges from the respective attack-based skills? Could be useful as a sort of "generator" for that.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Oct 1, 2012, 4:18:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info