Empower

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on May 28, 2019, 4:16:43 AM

Each % of quality adds 5% increased gem experience gained
"
enigma1406 wrote:
[...]
Each % of quality adds 5% increased gem experience gained

Also the maximum level is 3.
what category does the gem fall into (cold,fire,lightning,melee)?
Nothing, otherwise it'd have the appropriate tags. It's just a Support.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

it's white?
IGN @TiznaraN
I was really looking forward to know what empower did and now when I do it just feels so disappointing.
Don't get me wrong, it's great for spells, traps and stuff like poison arrow but it's damn near useless for straight forward attack-skills. I mean, using up a support slot for a whoppin +4-5% increased physical damage? No thank you...
GGG should really try to reinvent the lvling of attack-skills so that they could actually gain a benefit from +1 to skills.
IGN Hardcore: Muppman
IGN Beyond: TheTrueAuraBitch or BlixtarOchDunder
"
keyarchan wrote:
I was really looking forward to know what empower did and now when I do it just feels so disappointing.
Don't get me wrong, it's great for spells, traps and stuff like poison arrow but it's damn near useless for straight forward attack-skills. I mean, using up a support slot for a whoppin +4-5% increased physical damage? No thank you...
GGG should really try to reinvent the lvling of attack-skills so that they could actually gain a benefit from +1 to skills.

Would you also complain that faster casting doesn't help your melee skills? Some gems are made to go with specific types of other gems. There are some major things that aren't obviously apparent about gaining +3 skill levels on your gem that can already have 2, and in some cases 3 additional levels already.

Purity gives an extra % overcapped resist, All of the trap skills gain massive damage, as well as many spells gaining more damage, and more powerful effects, and the difference in zombies in a +2 helm and in any other helm is very discernible.
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
"
TiznaraN wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

it's white?

Support tags like "fire" and "lightning," or a lack thereof does not make the gems color, the stat requirements do (or the predominate one at least.) This gem is red.
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
"
sherkhan wrote:
However, Empower is a red gem. As such, it's strange that it seems to help Blue skills the most, and Green skills second, with no discernible benefits to Red skills. Most support gems help their color most, and other skills as a secondary consideration (e.g. Faster Attacks, Elemental Proliferation, Faster Casting).

Iron Will really fucking sucks for most Str gems. Lots of Int that benefit though.
Iron Grip Str/Dex/etc.

It's not unheard of. :) Also, I'd say EP hardly really favours Int. Plenty of Elemental damage in Str/Dex that it can work with just as well. Especially Int/Dex, the attacker-type Crit Stack, but also simply Chance to Ignite.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info