Preliminary 0.11.5 Patch Notes

"
ZeuZLoD wrote:
- Fixed desync

I wish.... I realy do....
RegnarDrowsII - 79 DW Ranger, #6 One month race 10/16/2012
"
Chris wrote:
Added a consumable microtransaction - Skin Transfer: You select two items and it transfers the visual appearance of the first one onto the second. The first item is destroyed, but can later by recovered using the "Reclaim" button in the microtransaction stash. Note that items with modified skins cannot be traded until the skin is removed.

Hell yeah! Been wanting this for some time now.

Fire trap nerf is also good.
Cyclone increase area for both dual wielding and one hand weapon ?
IGN: Aqur
"
666tnt666 wrote:
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
The number of charges produced by Enduring Cry has been increased at all levels.

YES!!! Enduring Cry is getting a slight buff. Easier to max it out with this upcoming change.

Sorry, but you missed one important sentence "Different instances of the same skill now share the same cooldown...". As I understand this, my marauder is no longer able to use fast double EC. That is no slight buff that is a harsch nerf! But of course it fits the golden rule of poe: "Every patch at least one nerf to melee survivability!"

@GGG: Good job, never stop your war against melees. Only one or two more patches and even the last few % melee players will disapear. Just great!!!!! ;D

Without knowing how much the gem it self has been buffed there really is no way to say if it's a nerf or a buff, if the charges gained per 100 creatures is doubled you wouldn't notice any difference besides that you only would have to use one skill instead of two.

I'm waiting to see how the CD changes pan out before I pass my judgment on it. The transmog thing is nice but without item protection for HC leagues it's not as useful (and profitable) as it could be.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
Vensun wrote:

The cooldown bypassing was the same like the aura snapshotting, why would a skill have a cooldown? with for example enduring cry, you could just use 3 and get charges insta, from 2 mob. And the traps can be used every 1.3 sec now, as you can use 3 before cooldown and the cd is now 4 sec not 8. Actually this is a buff to traps, as they dont have to link 2 traps to get enough damage, now you can use 1 trap. only problem can be when using 2 totally differently linked trap, which is intended to two different situation, like single target and aoe fire trap, but know the cool-downs and the bypassing is working properly.

You forgot that after 8 sec only 1 trap regenerates per skill (not all 3 traps that you potentially could have). So with a 4 sec cooldown, that can't be bypassed, you will only be able to lay a trap every 4 secs, making it impossible to build your character around it unless you want to just stand there waiting after each trap. You could use other skills in between, but then it would be better to focus on those skills instead of firetrap.

With the nerf to Supporting Skills like enduring cry i agree, that was just cheesy.

If fire trap seems so op that it needs a nerf, why not just lower the damage by let's say 40%? This would make those builds a lot weaker, but still possible. With the upcoming changes, my build will simply be impossible.

I hope we'll get a full respec, since I'd have to get rid of almost half of my skill points :/
Last edited by Xorim on Sep 3, 2013, 3:25:30 AM
More details about enduring cry? Like more charges mean equal to 2x enduring crys ?
"
mvm199 wrote:

-Why fire trap nerf?
-Why bear trap nerf?

You fix their cooldowns but you nerf them .... whyyyyyy

Because traps are retardedly strong in PvP.

Does the PvP balancing imply we will have a long-term cutthroat league at release? PLS CHRIS GIBE CUTTHROAT
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Sep 3, 2013, 3:27:59 AM
Gotta say, I spend a lot of time telling people that it's beta, and these things will get worked out, and then every patch that comes out goes in the completely opposite direction. I appreciate your response that many things will change on full release, and I plan on sticking with the game through then, but I believe you are seriously miscalculating if you believe players driven off now will come back later. The type of people who play a game like this tend to get "hooked" on one thing. If they find a new "main" in the meantime, they aren't coming back.

From the way this reads, you've just killed most trap based builds, and most melee builds, unless the "buff" to enduring cry means you will generate full charges almost any time you are near a pack. Sort of renders things like immortal call useless.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
RIP vaal regalia, your ugliness will never be forgotten.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
My Fire Trapper will both love and hate the changes.
Burning Damage increase? Good.
But a shared cooldown for multiple FTs? Meh..
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info