Preliminary 0.11.5 Patch Notes

I am now pretty sure that the empower gem is a gem that boosts gem level of the linked gem by +1 at lvl 2 and +2 at lvl3.

My reasonings are : lvling the gem to lvl 2 is about the experience you'd expect for levelling a lvl 20 gem to 21.

It would also be overpowered on a low level character that's why it does nothing at level one.

It also really fits the name "empower"

Also it makes sense to near bear trap/fire trap at high level because of this

Now that we know there's 3 stages of the gem , I'm calling it !

PS : chris, where's my balloon?

EDIT : maybe poison arrow with a +2 bow +1 to all bow and empower becomes viable?
IGN : boxxboxx ( Domination )
http://www.youtube.com/user/Boxsalesman?feature=mhee

Last edited by magier556 on Sep 3, 2013, 3:04:19 AM
"
"
Chris wrote:

If a HC char wearing a skinned item dies, then the restored item will be restored in Standard. You should be careful wearing skinned items if you value the skin.

Okay, but what's the reasoning behind this? It's not like you get any actual gameplay benefits for your character from using the item's appearance? Pretty much killed my newfound excitement of racing for the Cloak of Flame alternate art along with the new heatshiver.

Because that's how the item works - there's no way to recover it to a league you're not in. It pops the recovered item off onto the cursor.

I'd love to allow you to use visuals from other leagues, and maybe that'll be possible in the future, but it's not really possible in the short term.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
and let the kripp followers all cry at the same time when they see they can use multiple enduring cry gems any more!

As a suggestion for a pvp change that needs to be made, put a cooldown on molten for gods sake. im pretty sure you didnt intend that skill to be used 2 times in a row one after the other to get kills in pvp, im sure if any devs have played pvp recently as a physical melee character this can be frustrating to die by.
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
"
Chris wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:
Will HC items destroyed by skin transfer still be restored to HC if the character wearing the reskinned item dies?

If a HC char wearing a skinned item dies, then the restored item will be restored in Standard. You should be careful wearing skinned items if you value the skin.

"
Okay, but what's the reasoning behind this? It's not like you get any actual gameplay benefits for your character from using the item's appearance? Pretty much killed my newfound excitement of racing for the Cloak of Flame alternate art along with the new heatshiver.

Agreed, thats rather disappointing. At this point id rather we received permanent skins as race rewards instead of actual items; players in all leagues would be able to use them, and they could be worn with impunity in the HC based leagues.

Mtx effects dont get forced into standard when their hardcore/onslaught wearer dies, after all. Reskins behaving differently will just reduce the amount of players that purchase them (or the amount they purchase) in the end.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Sep 3, 2013, 2:46:12 AM
"
Jeweller's Orbs and Orbs of Fusing now describe that they consume quality when used.

I can't help but feel this is a wasted effort, they are still going to be posting bug reports about items mysteriously loosing quality...not like they actually READ patch notes or anything in the game as ancestral bond and caustic flask proved(and by they i mean those that keep making "bug" reports blindly oblivious to the info that's there for anyone to see)

Good work on the patch though
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Wow i just had fun playing my summoner again :( no love for us undead raising people
Wow lvl 3 empower? 3 gazilion xp :D I want it if it gives lvl, then casters must have it in all main link

The cooldown bypassing was the same like the aura snapshotting, why would a skill have a cooldown? with for example enduring cry, you could just use 3 and get charges insta, from 2 mob. And the traps can be used every 1.3 sec now, as you can use 3 before cooldown and the cd is now 4 sec not 8. Actually this is a buff to traps, as they dont have to link 2 traps to get enough damage, now you can use 1 trap. only problem can be when using 2 totally differently linked trap, which is intended to two different situation, like single target and aoe fire trap, but know the cool-downs and the bypassing is working properly.

Skin transfer: I knew that it worth keeping that 2 socket white crypt armor worth it
IGN: Vensun
"
Dreggon wrote:
Are you going to have separate balance numbers for PvP and PvE, or are you just using a formula to calculate the damage adjustment?

I remember you posted that formula at one point, though I can't find it.

e: also, please go into more detail regarding Skin Transfer. It sounds like a one-use consumable, and people really didn't like those when they were first presented (albeit later changed).

They never did post the PVP dmg formula, it would be very nice if they did!

-Why fire trap nerf?
-Why bear trap nerf?

You fix their cooldowns but you nerf them .... whyyyyyy
Last edited by mvm199 on Sep 3, 2013, 3:12:47 AM
"
magier556 wrote:
I am now pretty sure that the empower gem is a gem that boosts gem level of the linked gem by +1 at lvl 2 and +2 at lvl3.

My reasonings are : lvling the gem to lvl 2 is about the experience you'd expect for levelling a lvl 20 gem to 21.

It would also be overpowered on a low level character that's why it does nothing at level one.

It also really fits the name "empower"

Also it makes sense to near bear trap/fire trap at high level because of this

Now that we know there's 3 stages of the gem , I'm calling it !

PS : chris, where's my balloon?

EDIT : maybe poison arrow with a +2 bow +1 to all bow and empower becomes viable?

very underwhelming at best

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
The number of charges produced by Enduring Cry has been increased at all levels.

YES!!! Enduring Cry is getting a slight buff. Easier to max it out with this upcoming change.

Sorry, but you missed one important sentence "Different instances of the same skill now share the same cooldown...". As I understand this, my marauder is no longer able to use fast double EC. That is no slight buff that is a harsch nerf! But of course it fits the golden rule of poe: "Every patch at least one nerf to melee survivability!"

@GGG: Good job, never stop your war against melees. Only one or two more patches and even the last few % melee players will disapear. Just great!!!!! ;D
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info