0.11.4c Patch/Race Season Four Announced!

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
indczn wrote:
Same comment, but it bears repeating

Please make the reward uniques art function the same as cash shop purchases. The uniques are unusable on hardcore as once they are lost they get relegated to softcore and sit wasted unseen in a never used stash. So, they sit unused in either hardcore or softcore stash. They really should be template art that can applied to a unique item of that type, after all, what good is a trophy that can't even be displayed.

interesting idea.

"
Thalandor wrote:
^ Yes please. Since I will probably always play the new leagues, I have a bunch of special art uniques I will never have a use for.

"
KoTao wrote:
"
indczn wrote:
Please make the reward uniques art function the same as cash shop purchases. The uniques are unusable on hardcore as once they are lost they get relegated to softcore and sit wasted unseen in a never used stash. So, they sit unused in either hardcore or softcore stash. They really should be template art that can applied to a unique item of that type, after all, what good is a trophy that can't even be displayed.

Good idea.

Good idea? How would GGG make any money from MTXS? All these helmets are far better than most the current MTXS.
"
sidtherat wrote:
i think that GGG might have missed the point that they aim (quoting roughly from 'self found thread') at 1000h players, min-maxers and traders

what 1000h player or min-maxer would like to have these items? alternate art is nice et al but lets be honest - there like 10 people total that care about it. it is 2d art already obscured with sockets. these all are nice but..

what i can predict is MANY accounts created just to get ilvl 100 onyx. as this is a really nice prize. issue is - probably GGG havent planned for that so the only good prize is there by accident :)

That is some serious taking out of context. What I noted is we wouldn't want to lose all our 1000+ hour players by catering only to ones who play for smaller time periods. We aimto have the support multiple styles of play.

People complaining about the unique rewards probably only did their homework if they got a cookie, or only helped their Grandmother out in the garden if she promised money.

I am sure there are plenty people who will do the races just to be at the top of the Race-Point-Ladder. Just like there are people who play an insane amount of time just to be at the top of the normal league ladders. And you don't see those people complaining about the rewards, because there are none.

I think GGG choses those alternate art unique as some nice collectables. Not as the main reason to play the leagues. And I can only agree with that.

“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Aug 28, 2013, 8:22:19 PM
"
Summoner wrote:
Other than the fact that they're coming in triplets; does "burst" have any gameplay modifiers?

No they do not.

The intention behind this was simply to not have a singular 12 minute race occupy an entire time slot (and quite often they had an empty time slot before and/or afterwards, leading to only a 12 minute race occurring within a several hour time span), so now they are three races split over an hour, and the prizes will reflect as such.

The popularity of these events could result in us elaborating on them further of course.
why i cant login?
"
GGG_Neon wrote:
"
Summoner wrote:
Other than the fact that they're coming in triplets; does "burst" have any gameplay modifiers?

No they do not.

The intention behind this was simply to not have a singular 12 minute race occupy an entire time slot (and quite often they had an empty time slot before and/or afterwards, leading to only a 12 minute race occurring within a several hour time span), so now they are three races split over an hour, and the prizes will reflect as such.

The popularity of these events could result in us elaborating on them further of course.

Ok, that's reasonable. 8m between instances might trigger a fair amount of grumbling. 3 Minutes should be plenty to create new chars between each round.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
GGG_Neon wrote:
"
Summoner wrote:

No they do not.

Bit of a pity there is none of these in ANZ primetime. They are all at 3am and 6am. *grumble*
Cant deny that art is incredible!*free cookies to artists*
Other than that,rewards are horrible,worst of the 4 seasons we had,especially the lower and higher tier rewards,searing touch,ignomon and ruby ring are somewhat reasonable but in comparison to other seasons again, i am VERY dissapointed.

Season 1
had: Redbeak(low life builds),Alt art Coral ring(multiuseful),Facebreaker(facebreaker builds),Goldrim(low lvl lvling),magnificient 3D art of atziris mirror and generally, it did had a 3D art unlike the other seasons which makes the season 1 rewards so sought after.

Season 2 had: Karui Ward(convertable to onyx amulet and easily acquirable,also got my name in it..mm ward),shiversting (again excellent choice for low lvls),quills rain (quill rain builds),alt art onyx amulet(multiuseful),deaths harp(very useful in slightly upper low levels),carnage heart(sick life leech also quite frequently used),tabula rasa(excellent in low lvl pvp due its 6L and generally low lvl lvling,andvarius(treasure hunting),astramentis(equiping what you usually wouldnt be able to) well all rewards were useful to somebody.

Season 3 had: sin trek(low amount of points requiring medium/high level item with nice immunity to leech and 30% mov speed),shavronnes pace(most mov speed in game currently),leather belt(multiusage),eye of chayula(commonly used due to stun resist),sun dance(sometimes used to max out IIR),windscream(wonderful art+1 more curse),rainbowstride(commonly used,nice ES as for boots,some spell block,nice mana and ele res while not sacrificing mov speed,taryns shiver(can be used even in end game)

now what season 4 got..useless crap which can only be used by newbies,but they wont since they usually dont do races,already experienced players do. Heatshiver is like worst unique in game comparing level and usefullness,so completelly useless,same with brigtbeak,too poor for low lvl pvp too high for low lvl lvling,cloak of flame..does anybody used it..ever?,atziris forble..yes this one is sometimes used but comparing cost to acquire it and its given benefits..completelly not worth it,mind if it cant have 3D art..pf,divinarius,rarely used but guys that collect 360pts usually art endgame elite players and divinarius is uusually doesnt make much rivalry to maxxed out daggers/wands,hrimnors resolve,middle level item-gonna be cheap no matter its outstanding art along with rest of middle level items,unless people will pay lot just to have some nice 2D art piece lyingi n their inventories,carcass jack..1k points?pff for 1k point you could of made some alt art shavronne's or soul taker,maybe alt art divination distillate,alt art void battery,alt art marohi erqi,voltaxic rift,aegis aurora,alphas howl or you know something more useful and more oftenly used that carcass jack- ofcourse were not talking about lioneyes glare or kaoms heart here,alt art of those would be insanely pricy..and they would turn probably most sought after items in game.
It seems that the only point to the 1 week races is to reduce the number of races in the following week. The only people that can win are people that do nothing else than play PoE or people that that shifts. I still don't see why every slot on the race timetable is full( something like 250+ events). That would be to most fair. It would also be nice to see races that last for 24 hours but you only play 1 hour per account. This would allow people the flexibility to play when they have time.
"
Qarl wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
i think that GGG might have missed the point that they aim (quoting roughly from 'self found thread') at 1000h players, min-maxers and traders

what 1000h player or min-maxer would like to have these items? alternate art is nice et al but lets be honest - there like 10 people total that care about it. it is 2d art already obscured with sockets. these all are nice but..

what i can predict is MANY accounts created just to get ilvl 100 onyx. as this is a really nice prize. issue is - probably GGG havent planned for that so the only good prize is there by accident :)

That is some serious taking out of context. What I noted is we wouldn't want to lose all our 1000+ hour players by catering only to ones who play for smaller time periods. We aimto have the support multiple styles of play.

from what you do, and what you say (in that thread also - it is not taken THAT much out of context i have yet to see you catter to non-trader style of gameplay. non-iir/iiq style of gameplay. and sadly - non-jsp/non-rmt style of gameplay, style that you encourage offering enormous incentives (broken and overpowered uniques that are completly out of power curve) with no risk (im still waiting for ana/ons ladder clean-up - serious portion of top spots frequent jsp and they are still playing).

self-found race (like self found 1week race) would be something that i would attend. you wrote that people that are at top of current ladders would place just as good in non-trading ladders. i VERY VERY SERUIOUSLY doubt it. these players spend significant time gaining wealth trading/scamming noobs, obtain insane gear and then proceed do play the game again, faceroling content with enormous speed. as this game is about gear and not so much about skill - removing the trading would significantly change the outcome. but would also show that this is currently Trading Simulator and you would rather not make it that apparent.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info