How to make a build - quick start guide (2.0 updated)

Awesome, thank you so much! Link edited into first post, exactly where you'd expect it to be.

Also added a new link to second post, because I have too much time or something. It seemed like most of the build crafters weren't particularly interested in teaching/revealing their secrets and methods. Maybe more important, I needed somewhere to put all those little ideas and thoughts.

Click me if you're curious about the author's thought processes
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
Just wanted to thank the OP for this...

It is good to see people taking time out to really help new players. A nice change of pace from the typical forum threads of bickering and bashing!!

Well done
IGN: Fourist
seconded (third? N+1 'ed?)

THANKS!!

very useful
I like fast, pointy daggers AND CHAOS DAMAGE... not necessarily in that order.
Quick question, didn't see it in the first post, but how much accuracy should a player go for end game? (if they don't go Resolute Technique)

Like what +%accuracy and what actual number should a player aim for to be able to hit consistently in end game content. Thank you.
"
tachiKC wrote:
Quick question, didn't see it in the first post, but how much accuracy should a player go for end game? (if they don't go Resolute Technique)

Like what +%accuracy and what actual number should a player aim for to be able to hit consistently in end game content. Thank you.

75% at least for normal build, 85% at least for critical build. But better to have more.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Thank you.
So +75-85%+ accuracy from passives. I'm guessing as much accuracy as possible from gear too.
What is a good amount of accuracy to have late game?... 1000? 1500? 2000? 2500+?
well my highest Character is level 23 so for now choosing builds is not an option for me even though i got a lot of golden items but i have only found 1 skill gem, which is frost Nova, the only think i can do now is get a lot of HP and Physical damage for the bow, as for now i'm going for the Piercing Branch( since it's called passive tree) and i have thunder arrows with wrath probably not good enough to take down bosses since i failed to kill Aria or whatever the bandit lord is called after killing all of her people and fighting with her for couple minutes, i think what i need now is some speed so i'd replace my speed bottle with HP, if i can get help with that i'd appreciate it, if not then i'll just try to figure something out.
i just found out what the linking does so if i can find a linking orb to link split arrows with thunder than i'd be the happiest player on this game :D
Class- Ranger
IGN- TheLegendaryElf
Steam name- {eQ||Sp}dj.taif
Domination league.
"
tachiKC wrote:
Thank you.
So +75-85%+ accuracy from passives. I'm guessing as much accuracy as possible from gear too.
What is a good amount of accuracy to have late game?... 1000? 1500? 2000? 2500+?

Lol, just +800 accuracy from gear (plus 300 from dexterity, but you'll require dexterity anyway to use skils/gear), along with just +36% accuracy from passives, makes average 88% hit chance against level 77 mob for me (average hit chance against normal 77 lvl mob is considered endgame hit chance). You dont need crazy amounts of accuracy in endgame. You dont need +75% accuracy from passives. You misunderstood me, i meant RESULTING hit chance.

Since gear pieces can roll up to 400 accuracy (rings, helm, amulet, gloves), you shouldnt have problems obtaining decent hit chance in endgame. Just be wary of it, that's all.

IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Dec 6, 2013, 5:48:19 AM
http://www.twitch.tv/ii_jwf_ii Come Join noob stream..
"
There are four distinct ways to resolve mana issues: BM, mana leech, EB/regen, and Thief's Torment. A fifth, Surgeon flasks, is open to crit builds

How about Soul Taker?
░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info