The Endless Ledge

Races? Whatever. I want the Maelstrom of Chaos back. Screw maps.
These kinds of stuff are very interesting to play
"
Kinglooi wrote:
Will this race be on standard or hardcore, or both?

Races are always hardcore.

Which again leaves question, why such great ideas as descent or this endless ledge are implemented only as fu*****, stupid, hardcore races?

I bet that a lot more ppls would be taking part in such event, if they would be available also as non-hardcore, non-ladder events done for pure fun.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Aug 27, 2013, 3:36:51 AM
Interesting. All I do on Races anyways is rush to Ledge and farm it on 2 characters to get tons of easy Points..

So I'll feel right at home. :P
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
This race sounds awesome.
I was one of many on the forums who suggested people at the start are able to select nearly the same starting provisions for the Descent races.
I had suggested in Descent all players are given 3 starting provisions chests:
-Strength Provisions
-Intelligence Provisions
-Dexterity Provisions

You could only pick one chest, as the others would disappear instantly just as is the case with Curious & Alluring chests.
I am happy to read they've expanded the starting provisions so everyone is on equal RNG footing right from the start.

It's fairly obvious that during this new race the great majority of racers are going to go with Cleave & Dual Strike, followed by Leap Slam.
Some may argue this set up will reduce build variety, which it will but in such a short span of time you have to go with the best build.
It will now become a truer test of player skill as there will be a great emphasis on EXECUTION.
RNG will still be there but how a player executes smart, fast decisions will be key.

Awesome job GGG.
Now if you'll allow me to select whichever character model I want at character creation with whichever starting class I want...I'll be VERY HAPPY :)
I know this is ludicrous because a Ranger can only look as he looks now & there's no other way around it. I may like how the Shadow looks but if I'm interested in starting in the Ranger area, I have no choice but to select the short-haired blonde woman.

This isn't a deal breaker by any means.
It's purely aesthetic preference.
I don't find this suggestion as controversial, but it is an idea I have so I am biased.
The lines between the classes are already blurred as any class can use any gem & dip into any area of the passive tree(although with great investment depending on starting position & which nodes you want in end game build).

Hopefully GGG doesn't move my entire post into the suggestions forum for ending this post the way I did :)
I apologize GGG :)
Last edited by boboglum on Aug 27, 2013, 4:39:12 AM
Looks fun. Could do without the excessive randomness (timelimit, spawns, upgrades, no vendors) but at least the starting loadout is solid. Im also thankful this isnt a signature race.
IGN: KoTao
The idea of Ledge with a character level 1-20 sounds new ? omg...
Can we have something were maybe we can play some fun build maybe ? or our characters ?
I hate races, yes.
When i read ,,Endless ledge,, i thought something new and different was coming.
It was just another race type...
Is it better to rule in Hell, than it is to serve in Heaven?
An actual dream come true. D:

Maybe some of GGG's inspirations are based on tangible things?
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
"
bleedinvain wrote:
When i read ,,Endless ledge,, i thought something new and different was coming.
It was just another race type...

I do have to agree. It would be awesome if some of these ideas were permanent types of things.

I guess being a PC gamer for nearly two decades has spoiled me a bit. So used to random servers dedicated to specific aspects of games.

Like, for instance, Rune: Halls of Valhalla has (or had) a server where the only goal is to climb this humongous mountain. The game itself is actually arena-based medieval combat.
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info