Reave

This skill is really a lot of fun to level up, so far my favorite skill. I made it to 55 with just Mightflay solo. Early on I didn't shift-click much but in maps now it's very useful if trickier than other skills. Now at level 79, I can kill from under dischargers if levels are up.

I had some fun trying different combos but I took out faster attacks with multi-strike so now I have: Melee Physical, Multi Strike, Added Fire and Weapon Elemental. Most gems are now at level 18 and I can get 18k damage with this and a 270 dps claw. If I swap out the Weapon Elemental for Leech, it drops to 12k. Still ok. This is running Hatred and Determination.

Even with a fairly high dps claw, not many better, I felt the need to get more dps so I actually have stacked some physical, Abyssus and an ammiee with 10-21 damage. Abyssus alone adds 4k dps with the downside not only of damage taken but the crit multi which can be bad in reflect maps so armor stacking is essential. If I had a 6 Link I could add concentrated effect and get probably 24k.

Pros: Very fun unique skill. If you shift attack, you have a wall of physical and elemental damage eating up mobs. If you do a whirling dervish style with mulistrike, you hit those close and those nearby.

Cons: Building this out without a nice weapon set aside would seem futile as your dps in groups would look fairly low. If I didn't have a weapon set aside I would not have tried. Without stacking some physical or having an insane sword or a mirror dagger, balancing survival is a challenge. Reflect can be managed because they are fast lower damage attacks but armor should be over 12k and 18% refl can still kill you if you crit depending on health of course.
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
vaiNe_ wrote:
I want reave to be enabled for 2h sword users, because cleave with its meager 70% DE doesnt cut it. Pun intended.

Dual wielding needs reave to work more than 2 handers do. 2 handed weapon users already have plenty of aoe options, dual daggers and dual claw users still have NOTHING, since there's almost no benefit to dual wielding when you use reave. At least it's useable I guess, but really, there needs to be a way to get more damage out of dual wielding daggers and claws for aoe.

Actually disregarding the use of melee splash, 2h sword users only have 1 real AOE option, which is cleave. And cleave, as we all know, is largely underperforming. Reave already works for DW users, no?
IGN: vaiNe_
Does anyone still have issues with reave and being low on mana? The patch notes made it seem like you would still be able to attack if you are out of mana so you don't lose stacks, but if I'm right clicking a mob and run out of mana and right (or left) click for my reave skill, my character just stands still and doesn't do anything.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/782347

check my knockback reaver guide. updated to 1.1.0
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
Last edited by Castablanca on Mar 10, 2014, 2:29:22 AM
After using this for a while (a variation on my DW/Acro ranger) I think I have some insight in to the desync problem this skill has. When you activate a skill, your character runs to that spot and executes it. With a ranged skill, your character runs until it is within range. With Reave, the range of the skill is constantly changing. What's out of range is suddenly in range, and vice versa, usually by very small increments. The distance that your character needs to move to be in range of the target is changing rapidly, possibly with different values between server and client. A small amount of desync can be quickly magnified until the skill no longer functions.

Also, for whatever reason, Reave does not seem to move to the monster location when you are clicking on the actual monster, like melee skills do. To clarify, normally you can fight desync by highlighting a monster and the server will correctly move you to the location of that monster to attack. Reave appears to always use the client's information- or at least it's behaving like it does.

That's my best guess based on observation, at any rate.
I recommend using shift liberally with reave.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Could somebody please tell me what is the base (stage 1) radius of Reave?
"
MC_Grinda wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707/page/226#p5041495
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
MC_Grinda wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707/page/226#p5041495

Thank you!
"
Lunares wrote:
Does anyone still have issues with reave and being low on mana? The patch notes made it seem like you would still be able to attack if you are out of mana so you don't lose stacks, but if I'm right clicking a mob and run out of mana and right (or left) click for my reave skill, my character just stands still and doesn't do anything.
The patch notes specifically exempted reave from defaulting to basic attacks because such attacks break stacks. You do not want to use default attack when on low mana w/ reave. Ever.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info