ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents and say how much I love this build, the survivability is just absurd. Thanks for the great in-depth guide!
Enjoying this build very much so far, almost up to Act 3 cruel (only need to kill vaal) and so far the 4 deaths I have are mostly my fault. First one, I tried tanking an invulnerable pack in Act 2 normal, before I had any LGoH.

The second and third were both from the first set of uniques you fight in the Dominus fight...again I tried facetanking them (I had Mindflay at the point, which gives 10 LGoH, still no 4 link), and that 10 LGoH just wasn't enough. After the first two deaths I decided to try to separate them and killed them pretty easy.

The fourth was just last night, against one of the exiles, he got a lucky string of hits and I again tried facetanking him long enough to regen, but he ended up hitting me about 5-6 times in a row (with 58% evasion and 48% block).

Pretty much all of them were caused by me attempting to facetank with no LGoH and low base life (around 800 life in A2 Cruel), in 5 levels I will be equipping a 4l and gaining LGoH support, and I'll be getting mostly life nodes. Damage is great so far, 900 DPS in A2 cruel, and tanky enough my deaths could have been avoided if I played carefully.
~IGN: Nagisan
hey bro.
i im very happy with your build.

im trying it out in pvp at the moment.

Have very big Problems with Aura setups or curse setups. i just dont do any dmg on them.
is it just the countersetup for melee builds, or are there any posibilitys to fight them and have a chance to win ?

regards, pete
"
hey bro.
i im very happy with your build.

im trying it out in pvp at the moment.

Have very big Problems with Aura setups or curse setups. i just dont do any dmg on them.
is it just the countersetup for melee builds, or are there any posibilitys to fight them and have a chance to win ?

regards, pete

I haven't tried PVP with this build and it was not created with PVP in mind sorry.

I'm sure there are many PVP-focused builds, and the differences between PVP and PVE are like night and day. If you are having trouble getting cursed (I.e.Enfeeble or Temp Chains) you will need curse immunity mods on your flasks and maybe try using Atziri's Mirror for the curse reflection.
nice build! very expensive tho. especially with legacy ST. Without ST it would be kinda meh. With new ST (also 40ex o.O ) it's 40-50 less base physical dps, I guess that would put your build down to 10K dps + hatred it would be around ~14k dps I reckon.
Without ST, mana issues are limitless unless BM. If keystone BM, then only 1 aura :S

anyway, very nice and outside the box!

PS. I run evasion ranger with bow, enjoying it. She doesnt need block tho since, well, stay away from dmg and freeze stuff with hatred :) (she is crit based)
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
Last edited by Ludak021 on Nov 21, 2013, 5:18:19 PM
"
Ludak021 wrote:
nice build! very expensive tho. especially with legacy ST. Without ST it would be kinda meh. With new ST (also 40ex o.O ) it's 40-50 less base physical dps, I guess that would put your build down to 10K dps + hatred it would be around ~14k dps I reckon.
Without ST, mana issues are limitless unless BM. If keystone BM, then only 1 aura :S

PS. I run evasion ranger with bow, enjoying it. She doesnt need block tho since, well, stay away from dmg and freeze stuff with hatred :) (she is crit based)

Thanks for post. No Soul Taker is not required for this build and you can use any weapon you like that uses Double Strike. There are many that are trying the build without Soul Taker and some with rare weapons giving higher DPS. You only need 1 aura with this build which is Hatred. I run Grace because I have no evasion from Rathpith Globe, which is a trade off to get maximum spell block. The core build uses Lazhwar stone and Rainbowstrides to get to 56% spell block which is very strong and leaves you free to use any high evasion shield you like - meaning you will only need Hatred aura.
Thank for the build! I am loving it. Just wondering if it is worth it to invest my points towards this keystone "Vaal Pact" (Life Leech applies instantly). Will that help if I don't have the LGOH gem?
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Ludak021 wrote:

Thanks for post. No Soul Taker is not required for this build and you can use any weapon you like that uses Double Strike. There are many that are trying the build without Soul Taker and some with rare weapons giving higher DPS. You only need 1 aura with this build which is Hatred. I run Grace because I have no evasion from Rathpith Globe, which is a trade off to get maximum spell block. The core build uses Lazhwar stone and Rainbowstrides to get to 56% spell block which is very strong and leaves you free to use any high evasion shield you like - meaning you will only need Hatred aura.

I understand but those people are not runing on mana I am almost certain of it. Looking at your video with dominating blow, it takes 300+ mana PER hit, with 8 aps that's 2400 mana/sec :) Ok, that's dominating blow, double strike is cheaper, 100 mana tops or so but still...you are limited to your mana pool for regen amount, you will need 4% mana leech on rings and A LOT of resists at the same time to compensate for lack of resists on chest, head and ammy. Those are some seriously hard to find rings :)

What I am trying to say is that people probably use blood magic gem even on 5L if they are not using BoR. Idk, maybe I am just stupid :) My ranger runs on mana and I know the limitations and complications of that even tho I am running just 50 mana cost split arrow with 4% mleech and 720 mana pool (and some ~200% mana regen).
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
Dominating Blow was a test done for fun and I mentioned when I posted it that it was for those with soul taker looking to have more fun with the build.
Yes the build is mana heavy but if you read the guide and the comments you will see that there are many ways to solve the mana issue. I plan to consolidate all these mana tips various players have given into one post for easy reference.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 22, 2013, 11:27:31 AM
"
fulltilt3r wrote:
Thank for the build! I am loving it. Just wondering if it is worth it to invest my points towards this keystone "Vaal Pact" (Life Leech applies instantly). Will that help if I don't have the LGOH gem?

Hi! Yes that is a great option and more ideal in 1v1 situations when LGOH may not be ideal. If you are going for a very defensive build with Immortal Call - then I would recommend grabbing the extra endurance charge by the duelist and work down to vaal pact.

It also works very well in Scion builds that are focused more around the Duelist area so they can easily grab vaal pact.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info