ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

are you guys planning to take this build to the new league, or you going to continue on standard?

"
hellnhavoc wrote:
are you guys planning to take this build to the new league, or you going to continue on standard?

I am planning on tweaking the build for the new support trigger gems, and new aura costs. I may make some small changes to the tree. I would like to get my hands on a level 78 map and try it with this build. Once that is all done I'll start a new character in Nemesis, and will also be trying a melee Scion build. I also need to do more testing on temp chains vs enfeeble.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 23, 2013, 11:45:59 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
I could be wrong, but I think Temporal Chains will really shine vs. fights where you are surrounded by a lot of mobs (Jungle Valley boss) or when you are facing a strong spell caster (Mageara).
I plan to redo the Jungle Valley boss fight with Temporal Chains.

actually this is a really good starting point. im now also thinking about temp chains over enfeeble myself for a couple of reasons.

1) again it lengthens the time between hits, this allows you time to heal and life leech up to max health
2) something that hasn't been stressed, that i've seen, is it also slows down SPELLS. enfeeble accuracy is non effective vs spells, just the damage reduction.
3) we're getting a substantial health boost in this patch. go look at the tree, it looks awesome. including the base health boost im going to be rocking some solid HP now meaning i can take a hit that does 30% more damage. AKA enfeeble got slightly less effective now.
4) it allows for a hasty retreat if you notice things are getting too hairy. you have a longer time to react and thus less mistakes to be made.

yup. im actually probably gonna change over to temp chains. i never really used enfeeble much anyway except in boss rooms.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
hellnhavoc wrote:

I am planning on tweaking the build for the new support trigger gems, and new aura costs. I may make some small changes to the tree. I would like to get my hands on a level 78 map and try it with this build. Once that is all done I'll start a new character in Nemesis, and will also be trying a melee Scion build.

The new skill tree is up. Have you had a chance to look at it? You going to be able to get the tweaks out before release?
Hi Nalroc, unfortunately I'm at work right now. I can't even view tree on my phone. I'll probably be back home in about 8 hours to rework the tree.

JunKx - yup I agree! In fact now with the curse in hit trigger gem it would be better to link that to temp chains not enfeeble - since we use enfeeble mainly on bosses. The reduced curse effectiveness of the bosses (70%) would also mitigate a quality temp chains LESS than a quality Enfeeble since the damage reduction of Enfeeble does not scale with quality.

That's my rationale, but will need to test to compare.
Double post by mistake
Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 23, 2013, 12:02:07 PM
Waiting for your 1.0 updates!
With the passive changes, continue been better to start as Ranger than with others?
yes curse on hit is definitely tempting to roll temporal chains with. would it have to be linked to blood magic tho? like...i don't fully get how it works. so when you hit, if it does in fact trigger then the mana or life cost just comes off automatically, and theres no cast time/delay?
or does the curse on hit actually negate all casting costs and speed, and just applies the curse?
I managed to finish patching and first thing I've noticed is that life has gotten a HUGE buff. My life has gone from 2.9K to 3.8K, my energy shield has gone from 869 to about 750 ES due to the reduction in defenses from shield (17% reduction). The question is that do I have too much life now for a build focused on avoiding damage?

The tree still looks fine as is, I may spec into Charisma and Primal Spirit to help with mana.

My total mana has increased slightly from 621 to 638.

My base unbuffed Double Strike DPS has gone up as well, from ~12K to ~13K.

Grace and Hatred can both be run linked to Reduced Mana, and I would still have 102 mana to cast Enfeeble (only linked to Increased Duration and not also with Faster Casting as before)/Flicker Strike/Temp Chains/Frenzy/Enduring Cry. I realize many people are not running with Soul Taker so I am looking to see whether the Charisma node is worth investing in for a 15% reduction in mana reserve, the Primal Spirit node would also be a good choice.

With Grace - my evasion will be exactly 50% (46% before patch with Grace) while my Double Strike DPS goes to 17.7K with Hatred - this is without the 6 frenzy charges I will be running with. It is 19.8K with the 6 frenzy charges.

I do not think I will respec into Dodge (although the Spell Dodge node is still very tempting), given that my ES is still a nice buffer to have and I will have to sacrifice life nodes to respec into Dodge.

I will test the build on some maps and in the new areas with the following over the next few days: no Dodge, use of Temporal Chains/Enfeeble linked to Curse on Hit (still trying to get my hands on this gem), as well as Enduring Cry linked to Cast on Damage (still trying to find this gem).

For Curse on Hit it will probably be better to link this to Temporal Chains for the reasons we have discussed above, also because the duration of Temp Chains is ~5s (base) compared to Enfeeble (~13s base) - so it really benefits Temp Chains with being applied on hit as we do not have to stop and curse continuously during battle.

I have also gotten my hands on the Level 78 Courtyard map so I will be posting the video soon!

Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 23, 2013, 11:50:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info