ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

1.0.0. Patch Notes have been released!

I took a quick look through the patch notes and here are the key changes I saw:
- New level 78 maps, probably just 2
- Passive tree adjusted: life nodes, damage nodes
- All shield defences have been reduced by 17% (affects evasion, and energy shield from shields)
- Soul Taker physical damage has been decreased
- Rainbowstride resistances have been reduced
- Bosses have reduced curse effect - this would affect our Enfeeble, but NOT Blind
- Mana reservation costs for all auras execpt Clarity now 60%
- Hatred, Grace, Purity, Haste auras have been boosted
- Dodge has been increased on the passive tree - Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics keystones now provide 30% dodge chance each
- Characters receive 8 life per level instead of 6
- New possible skills to use with this build include Animate Weapon, Curse on Hit, Cast when Damage Taken, Cast when Stunned

Note that the unique item changes do not affect the legacy uniques which are those uniques that are in the game right now, unless you try to reroll them with divines
Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 22, 2013, 11:36:22 AM
That dodge change looks really inviting :)
"
hellnhavoc wrote:
That dodge change looks really inviting :)

Yes! Dodge has been buffed greatly. You can now get 40% dodge from tree I believe and with darkray vectors you can get approximately 55% dodge - which is insane. Phase Acrobatics is now stronger as well, with 30% spell Dodge and 75% spell block your chance of taking spell damage is 17.5%, ie on average you will avoid approx 83% of spell damage.

About the new aura costs - they are not a huge deal with this build. I will probably drop Grace and Haste, and keep Hatred. You can stretch and run 2 auras with reduced mana gem in which case I may add back in Haste. There are mana reservation nodes being added to the tree so we will have to wait and see the new passive tree.

The reason I am fine with dropping Grace is because Blind is so powerful:
- With 50% tooltip chance to evade, Blind reduces enemy's chance to hit from 50% to 12.5%
- With 36% tooltip chance to evade (without grace for me), Blind reduces enemy's chance to hit from 64% to 16%. Not a big increase from the 12.5%
- This is before any Dodge / Block or Enfeeble

The reason I am fine with dropping Haste is that I have now incorporated Frenzy into the build as a sort of "secondary" attack to help me gain frenzy charges and boost my attack speed.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 22, 2013, 3:55:34 PM
ya dodge just got more awesome.

OPs build doesn't include it because it halves ES/armor but i think it would now be an awesome addition. my build uses dodge (8 frenzy charges = current 46% dodge) and i forget physical damage exists.

not to mention a possible health boost also. OPs build may be defensively over kill now! lol
I've also just started realizing some very interesting things about Temporal Chains compared to Enfeeble.

I'm curious - has anyone been using Temporal Chains with this build?
They attack less, but hit harder and with more accuracy than Enfeebled mobs.

So it comes down to your killspeed. And your survivability on those bigger hits.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
Last edited by Kirielis on Oct 22, 2013, 10:54:40 PM
ya enfeeble is more used for the lower damage than it is the accuracy, IMO
"
I'm curious - has anyone been using Temporal Chains with this build?

Yes, I play with Asenath's Gentle Touch Silk Gloves - they cast Temporal Chain when You start attack (I stop using Enfeeble with quality). Before, I test much better rare gloves but this is just perfect to me. I play with Bloodseeker Hellion's Paw becouse 9% LL and Life Leech from Hits with this Weapon applies instantly. Both works good for me (86lvl).
IGN: Kroghor
Last edited by Nighthunter on Oct 23, 2013, 4:20:04 AM
Thanks for the replies. I was just thinking that Temporal Chains vs. Enfeeble is very similar to the Evasion vs. Armor comparison - on one hand you get hit less often, while the other you get hit more but reduce the damage. It is not a true comparison because Enfeeble also lowers monsters' accuracy (this would only affect physical attacks), so the key questions are then based on this formula:

Chance to Hit = Attacker's Accuracy / ( Attacker's Accuracy + (Defender's Evasion / 4) ^ 0.8 )

Q: Reducing monster accuracy by 69% (20/20 Enfeeble) - how much does this reduce their chance to hit?
Q: Same thing for bosses, they have a 70% reduced curse effectiveness - so reducing a boss' accuracy by 0.3x69% = 21% - how much does this reduce their chance to hit?
This will help us conclude how well Enfeeble scales: bosses have a ton of accuracy plus our Enfeeble will be less effective in terms or reducing their accuracy, thus would the reduction to bosses' chance to hit still scale well given the lower reduction to accuracy?

I could be wrong though, and maybe Enfeeble is still powerful. I noticed in my 2x Level 77 Piety video that the only time I take a hit from her is at the end when my Enfeeble runs out and she attacks in melee.

These are the interesting things about Temporal Chains I've been thinking:
- it helps lower the chance to hit by reducing the rate at which the entropy counter increases (this is a counter shared by all the surrounding mobs, so the more mobs there are attempting to hit us the faster the entropy counter increases and the more likely we would be hit; otherwise Evasion would be too OP =))
- reduces rate of damage from both attacks and spells
- scales very well with quality - quality increases the rate of slow from Temporal Chains, whereas Enfeeble's quality only affects its accuracy
- provides more time for life leech / block recovery in between hits
- since you are getting hit less often - would that raise your effective health more than Enfeeble?
- increases duration of debuffs such as chill and blind

Of course when a hit gets in you will take more damage if you are using Temporal Chains vs. Enfeeble. Enfeeble also reduces critical strike chance and critical strike damage (I believe this works on spells as well).

I could be wrong, but I think Temporal Chains will really shine vs. fights where you are surrounded by a lot of mobs (Jungle Valley boss) or when you are facing a strong spell caster (Mageara).
I plan to redo the Jungle Valley boss fight with Temporal Chains.

"
Kirielis wrote:
They attack less, but hit harder and with more accuracy than Enfeebled mobs.

So it comes down to your killspeed. And your survivability on those bigger hits.

Kiri you mention a good point - if you have high skill speed, would Temporal Chains not be better because with Enfeeble you are mainly worried about the hit that gets through, while with TC you are concerned about increasing the time before you take such a hit.

"
Nighthunter wrote:

Yes, I play with Asenath's Gentle Touch Silk Gloves - they cast Temporal Chain when You start attack (I stop using Enfeeble with quality). Before, I test much better rare gloves but this is just perfect to me. I play with Bloodseeker Hellion's Paw becouse 9% LL and Life Leech from Hits with this Weapon applies instantly. Both works good for me (86lvl).

Nighthunter, since you have used both for a while in your build - how do you feel about Temp. Chains compared to Enfeeble, do you feel you are taking less damage overall?

Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 23, 2013, 8:01:42 AM
Not so simple to say what is better, but in my personal opinion safe option is Temp becouse we are attacking quite fast and ouer enemies are all time slower then we. Some says.. speed is the key but its very handle in maps with temporal chains when ouer chances is equal. Maybe You should test this gloves, play a few maps and see how it work in fast doing maps. One more thing (only gloves)... this cost nothing mana and implict immediatly (cast a curse is taking +/- 0,32 sec with 20lvl faster casting with no quality)
IGN: Kroghor

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info