:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Violet evergarden loaded with feels once again. I'm enjoying this series more and more, the characters are showing some nice progress. I'm pretty excited for whatever comes next :D
spoiler (kinda)
Could someone PLEASE beat the living shit out of Gilbert's brother? I wanna see that asshat suffer. And yes, I DO know that we only saw him for a minute or two, but even during that short time he managed to piss me off more than pretty much every other character I've seen in the past year (with the exception of bondrewd). That's quite a talent. Though not really a useful one... then again, the writer did one hell of a job making him look like a total asshole. Well done.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Fuck Sentai and fuck their lame zero-app Hidive service.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Well, just tunneled into the US Netflix and Crunchyroll.

See you in a year or so.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Well, just tunneled into the US Netflix and Crunchyroll.

See you in a year or so.

All I can tell you about Netflix:
Man man man man man human man man man man man human man man man man man man man human.

TBH while I pretty much hate superhero stuff, I'd say this reminded me a lil bit about superhero stuff but actually pretty interesting.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
God damnit, internet got me once again -_- I was just casually listening to some anime openings on youtube, when I saw one that looked interesting and... Carnival Phantasm opening. Now I wanna watch that so damn much, but I know I wouldn't catch any of the references, so I gotta watch fate, tsukihime and garden of sinners first :/
Then I made the second mistake and took a look at the lyrics... well, at least it stays true to the roots of the fate series. And hey, it still is catchy as fuck. I can't stop listening to it now o_o
Carnival Phantasm is incredible. Never mind the tsukihime/melty blood stuff. It's all about the Fate gags. And there's no Kara no Kyoukai in there to my memory. That said, they just added KnK to US crunchy so have at it. As for Fate, you'd only need to see the Deen 2006 and UBW. It does a few Zero sight gags but that's about it. It's mostly about the Fifth Fuyuki War.

Finished all of Psycho-pass and Kekkai Sensen s2 past few days. Moved onto a nostalgic rewatch of Escaflowne since we noticed that has hit Crunchy and it's actually far superior quality to the bootleg dvds I watched way back in the day.

Man, I do NOT like action dimming. It really ruined Kekkai for me more than once. I'm sure it's great for bluray sales and, of course, preventing all those poor children from having seizures (because we all used to get those back when we watched undimmed DBZ)...oh well, not like I wasn't going to get FApoc s2 BDs anyway. The netflix translation was a little too literal at times but it did the job.

Right now we're eyeing Kyatto Ninden Teyandee...

Wasn't action dimming first introduced after the (in)famous porygon episode from pokemon? It's been banned from tv ever since it first aired. Then again, it was mostly about the colours used...
Yeah, I hate it aswell. The most it ever bothered me was in boku no hero academia season 2 in the deku vs todoroki fight... took out a lot of the impact from *that* scene.

Violet evergarden was pretty damn awesome again, I like the fact that she's starting to show and learn more emotions. Looking forward to the next episodes :D

Well then, I guess I'll first binge RElife and the tackle the entirety of the type-moon stuff. Except for those parts that don't have adaptations. Like tsukihime for example.
Yeah, it was the Porygon episode. But they used that as an excuse to gut the animation presentation pretty hard. Like I said, we watched vibrant as shit anime for years, no one seized. That one episode wasn't about the brightness but the strobe-like flashing of red and blue. The reaction was typically Japanese: overwrought and extreme. And they've put up with it ever since. Like I said, the bluray sales sure are a nice side effect.

Once again, Trigger managed to create on hell of an epic fight. Like holy crap, that was Gurren Lagann levels of awesome! Soundtrack was building the hype as much as possible and the animation (albeit slightly chaotic) was amazing. This episode of DFXX was definitely dedicated to action first and foremost and oh boy did they deliver.
I still need an explanation for "that" though. Hopefully we'll get it next week...
It wasn't bad at all. But credit where it's due -- this was the work of Trigger-1, not just Trigger. Let's put *that* stupid meme of Trigger 'saving anime' to rest already. But it's still a surprisingly slow show with very little actually going on. I think DFXX is overrated but not horribly so. At the moment it's some weird nostalgic amalgam of Eva and LWA. Can't speak to TTGL because that's still sitting on the shelf, waiting for our net to die.

__

Slow Start has shown me the light. Wholesome yuri is possible. It's still not quite Kobayashi but damn if it isn't close. Unlike the sheer...sloppiness and wetness of Illya, Slow Start has made yuri downright cute. That's an achievement I think, and a big step towards normalising a traditionally hentai genre which in this day and age shouldn't be that aberrant. (I hear Citrus is a step in a whole other direction)

__

Finished a random Escaflowne rewatch. That show gets weird. But so did so many other 90s anime. Also, why do so many Sakamoto Maaya characters get visions or 'see things'!?

__

The girl noticed Golden Boy on US Crunchy (def not Australian) so we watched that. I was surprised she was so eager to have me watch it -- it's straight-up 90s hardcore ecchi-comedy. But god, it was pretty funny and quite high quality. Bit of fun.

__

Kemono Friends next. Or maybe Tatami Galaxy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info