:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

I only just realised that my next few characters will literally be made in abyss (league). Gotta think up a few smart names that reference it.

Ballroom e youkoso: Brilliant as always, some nice development for the side characters
Kekkai Sensen: Everything as usual, people trying to live a rather ordinary life ended up in over the top violence once again. Oh, and we learned a bit about Zed's past.
Imouto sae Ireba Ii: Been watching it for a while now, quite funny most of the time. This weeks episode was the first time I've seen people play some pen and paper rpg in an anime.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
I only just realised that my next few characters will literally be made in abyss (league). Gotta think up a few smart names that reference it.

Scorching ray character?
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I watched Samurai Champloo over the last few days. Pretty good, has an... interesting setting, but it works somehow. The character interactions reminded me a bit of shingeki no bahamut for some reason.

Now I picked up Katanagatari once more, I watched the first episode a year or so ago and now that I finished Samurai Champloo, I was looking for something else that might be similar. I could be far off the mark though, no idea, but I guess I'll manage. After all, it also reminds me of the monogatari franchise. Also, I've never seen an anime made by that studio that was bad. They seem to know what they're doing.
There was something about Samurai Champloo, it was a good show but for some reason i stopped a few episodes in a few time before finally watching the full thing.

Same deal with Wolf's Rain but i've never finished that.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Finally got motivated enough to catch up with juuni taisen. Pretty awesome so far, however, some of the backstories could be a wee bit shorter (looking at you, snake and dragon). Still, once the characters actually DO fight, it gets really awesome really fast.

Edit: I also finally found THE #1 random over the top confusing anime that actually makes sense in itself, punchline. The only two things left open I found in that one were the actions of two characters at the very end, but even that got somewhat explained. It's really weird though. And the synopsis doesn't do it justice, believe me.
Last edited by FCK42 on Nov 29, 2017, 11:48:31 PM
Net-juu no susume was really fun, adorable and awkward today, I love it! Too bad next weeks episode will be the last one :(

Also started watching Kuragehime today since I heard a lot of good things about it. I'm at at episode 2 right now and it seems to be worth the watch.
I read it... it was like a car accident: simply horrifying, but you just can't look away. Those examples were some of the most... unique pieces of animation I've seen so far (holy crap, that bicicle scene MY SIDES!!! I CAN'T). Damn, makes hand shakers look like a good series (Yes, I watched hand shakers. It really wasn't good. At all. But compared to THAT clusterfuck...)!

I still haven't seen shirobako. The premise didn't look all that interesting to me... well, but since I've learned to appreciate jellyfish fans and garbage collectors in space, I should maybe give it a chance.
Whew, finally managed to get back into anime. In the past year, the only anime I was able to complete is Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. Really been picky and ended up dropping everything. I especially wanted to love Kuzu no Honkai but it just.. turned to shit halfway through.

Anyway, I picked up Fate/Apocrypha. I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. Fucking love Karna scenes. Really not a fan of everything around Saber of Black.

I also picked up Mahoutsukai no Yome. Haven't been drawn in this hard in a long time. Goddam it's enjoyable.

Started Tsurezure Children as well. There are a handful of couples that I absolutely adore. I'd 100% watch a series about Kaji and Akagi.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

"
GooberM wrote:
Whew, finally managed to get back into anime. In the past year, the only anime I was able to complete is Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. Really been picky and ended up dropping everything. I especially wanted to love Kuzu no Honkai but it just.. turned to shit halfway through.

Anyway, I picked up Fate/Apocrypha. I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. Fucking love Karna scenes. Really not a fan of everything around Saber of Black.

I also picked up Mahoutsukai no Yome. Haven't been drawn in this hard in a long time. Goddam it's enjoyable.

Started Tsurezure Children as well. There are a handful of couples that I absolutely adore. I'd 100% watch a series about Kaji and Akagi.

Still have to see Rakugo. I heard that it's really good, but I never actually started watching it.
Also, if you're looking for good shows from this year/last year, try boku no hero academia, little witch academia, 3-gatsu no lion, re:zero, made in abyss and net-juu no susume. Those were pretty good imo. Oh, and also konosuba, it's some really good comedy.
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
GooberM wrote:

Still have to see Rakugo. I heard that it's really good, but I never actually started watching it.
Also, if you're looking for good shows from this year/last year, try boku no hero academia, little witch academia, 3-gatsu no lion, re:zero, made in abyss and net-juu no susume. Those were pretty good imo. Oh, and also konosuba, it's some really good comedy.

Rakugo is just.. phenomenal.

I tried Boku no Hero Academia, really not my thing. My friend and I watched the Little Witch Academia movie and completely forgot about the series. I'm most likely going to give 3-gatsu a try, though I'm normally not a fan of Shaft. Bump of Chicken does an opening theme though, so that's a plus. I've seen Re:Zero, I enjoyed a good part of it. Made in Abyss is definitely on my list. I'm not sure about Net-juu no Susume, but I'll probably give it the 3-episode treatment. I really liked Konosuba, but I haven't had the chance to watch S2 yet.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
On the subject of MC kuns, I'm rewatching the old Deen Fate/Stay Night and I have to say, I find Shirou *far* more annoying as an MC than anything I've seen elsewhere. He's definitely better in UBW and HF (and fucking bad-ass in Illya)...but core Saber route? My god he's stupid.

Yeah, I didn't like him a bit in Fate/SN. However, there's no MC I hate more than Sorata from Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo. What an insufferable cunt.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Last edited by GooberM on Dec 4, 2017, 2:08:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info