:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
Wraeclastian wrote:
The only anime I like is Inuyasha, Dragon Ball Z, and the old Akira movie. Does that mean I am not permitted to join your weeb party?

Super long shonen anime are unethical normie tier. Only obscure OVAs like Cossette no Shouzou are allowed.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
yesterday i watched 1st episode Attack on Titans 2nd season, it was awesome

second episode coming "soon"

it's going to be impopular but I think Attack on Titan is very boring and rather disappointing.

Everyone was talking about it as if it was a masterpiece the best anime of the decade... when I watched it I thought it was just an average flick.
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
yesterday i watched 1st episode Attack on Titans 2nd season, it was awesome

second episode coming "soon"

it's going to be impopular but I think Attack on Titan is very boring and rather disappointing.

Everyone was talking about it as if it was a masterpiece the best anime of the decade... when I watched it I thought it was just an average flick.

Bu... but... fancy animations! Flashbacks! Titans!
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:

Bu... but... fancy animations! Flashbacks! Titans!

xD I get hated every time I dare saying that but... I get it, the first like 2 maybe 3 episode were amazing, but beyond that is started stalling. And there was those 9 or 10 episode when they wanted to make a mission outer walls. An entire episode about, making the plan, then another episode that is a flashback about why they made that, then another on when they execute the plan while explaining. You're like 6 episodes in that arc and nothing happen it's so damn bad.

I watched another series during the same time, that is called Kanaberi of the iron fortress. It's same style, same themes. Apocalyspe stuff with zombie like creature that eat people. But it's way better. There is only one season out of 13 episodes and they managed to tell 3 time more history and character developpment than attack of titan. Way better.
"
diablofdb wrote:
I watched another series during the same time, that is called Kanaberi of the iron fortress.

It's from the same studio, I enjoyed it a lot. However, imo the plot in the second half of the show is... lackluster. Also, there is unfortunately not too much character development for our secondary main character or side characters. Which is a shame.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Spoiler
"
solwitch wrote:

oh I watched this movie very recently, you know it's based off the book The borrowers? They made a tv series in the 90s about that too it was so cool loved this as a kid.
Last edited by diablofdb on Apr 10, 2017, 10:32:15 AM
"
diablofdb wrote:
Spoiler
"
solwitch wrote:

oh I watched this movie very recently, you know it's based off the book The borrowers? They made a tv series in the 90s about that too it was so cool loved this as a kid.

Yep, and the ending ugh... Depressed for a little bit. 🙈

Spoiler
can you folks see my emojis?

👻

I'm using Starz app sooo many movies...
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Apr 10, 2017, 10:46:45 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Arriety was shit.

Pure shit.

It made Earthsea look good. It was that bad.

The worst Ghibli film I've seen.

The only part worth watching was the extras, with Miyazaki's merciless dissection of the movie's shortcomings. He fucking obsessed over the size of her hairclip. His old man rage against anime and amateurs is legendary. It forced him out of retirement, after all.

Arriety represents the lowest point of Ghibli after Miyazaki snr left. It's so fucking bad.

Arriety was a good warm movie, the kind of movie you enjoy when you need a hug. Kind of like Totoro.
I totally forgot about Fullmetal Alchemist until I came across the trailer for a new live action movie for it, LOL.

Trailer #1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azPVumixZuE

Trailer #2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihc964sRt8M
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info