:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Yes, Engage Kiss is not as horrible as initially thought. The plot reads like a clone of some sort of Strike the Blood, but the two female stars in particular make this episode entertaining. As of right now, the male lead isn't that much behind the priconne male lead.
I quite enjoy Engage Kiss. The plot is nowhere near as shallow as it seemed during the first five minutes. There's a LOT more character driven drama going on than I first thought. Also the action animation is really good. I just hope it can stick the landing.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
the only real problem of this show is that they don't really have a good big bad. Sure there are evil guys, but there is no real antagonist as a character. only as a definition. but yes, i turned out to be quite a good show.

also edgerunners, first episode was very cyberpunky. hopefully they keep up the good work :D
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Edgerunners looks amazing hell i was blown away by it and i did like a lot about it, the cyberpunk feel was really there and i absolutely loved the characters, however i thought the story was mid at best and the writing was just not that good.
Spoiler
Also considering the insane risk/price one pays for upgrades beyond a certain point i found it completely unrealistic why anyone would, like it's clearly not worth it.Also the bad guys plan didn't make any sense to me either.

Glad i watched it and i certainly hope we get more, cause man those visuals were just so good and i love the world itself.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Last edited by jackof8lades on Sep 16, 2022, 10:19:55 AM
ok after watching the whole show i must say it is fuckin good.

about your take on it:
Spoiler
Thats a core question in this rulebook. Cyberpunk describes the upgrading etc as a sort of drug. The people augmenting tehmselves feel that they need it to exist as a being. the bad guys also have a plan: arasaka goons knew hat tanaka had good info concerning candidates for the program, but that data was deleted by lucy. so they wanted her and the data. faraday found out that david could be a subject and after betraying miltech he organised a demostration. lucy was just the 1 million bonus. and smasher? he just got called in to remove a mess ;).

Anyway, for a trigger anime this actually had quite the consise plot, and the action was out of this world.
My greatest beef with this series was, that talked more about the inner conflict of maine (and why he didn't augment down) than with david. Only in the last episode we get a glimpse and the hopelessness he must have held inside since his mother was killed

also franz ferdinand - kind of a blast of the past, but fffire is such a fucking melancholic number, it fit right in.
edit: Also, are you ready for the end of made in abyss s2? Now you still have time to get those hankies, I'm just warnung you.
Last edited by tsunamikun on Sep 17, 2022, 6:58:32 PM
"
tsunamikun wrote:
Also, are you ready for the end of made in abyss s2? Now you still have time to get those hankies, I'm just warnung you.

Oh, I'm ready. More than ready actually. It's what I've been looking forward to this entire season.

And it's gonna be GLORIOUS.
I just watched a trailer for Edgerunners and... what the actual FUCK did I just watch? Huh? What? How? Why? Was that... a remixed version of "Ode to joy"? Synced to two doom levels' worth of violence? And goddamn TRIGGER did this? I HAVE to watch that!
"
Rapchiks wrote:
To be honest, I didn't like anime before. My younger brother constantly urged me to watch at least something with him. For a year I refused, calling it nonsense. But one day I agreed. He was delighted and went to the site, turned on naruto and we started watching. I didn't think I'd say this, but from that moment I watched episode after episode every day until I watched the entire line, even naruto shipuden. I was in awe of this anime. And now every time something good comes out, he calls me, I buy snacks, Coca-Cola and we watch episodes together!

That sounds awesome! Need any recommendations by chance? I'm pretty sure we could give some.
Bit of catching up done.

Househusband s2 -- fun as ever. Surprising cameo and reference to a certain anime in which the cicadas make a lot of noise.

Chainsaw man s1 -- overrated tripe. Mappa by committee. Awesome OP and EDs, but the rest is weighed down by thin source and psycho-pass style aesthetic. Can't do Psycho-Pass aesthetic unless you have something meaningful to say. Chainsaw Man, aka Moody Smoking The Anime.

Kimetsu s2 -- Regret seeing the movie, to be honest. The series handled that arc better. Second arc far better animated, with MAH GIRL as the antag-of-the-arc, but still Kimetsu No yaiba which means far too many flashbacks in lieu of genuine foreshadowing which longer series can afford (Naruto was the fucking master of the long game).

Dress Up Darling -- Masterpiece of subversion. Amazed at the butt-hurt MAL reviews. Marin is an incredibly believable character, as anyone who's ever dated a cosplayer would know.

Bocchi the Rock -- Last Year's Wonder Egg Priority, except it was good the whole way.

Sword Art Online Progressive 1 -- Sword? Lots of them. Art? Sakuga Action Flex wall to wall, Kajiura Yuki doing half Fate, half Xenosaga style music. Online? For the most part. And unlike any Fate movie ever, it's completely accessible to newbies. Asuna is a far superior protag to Kirito. Looking forward to seeing second movie at the local cinema in a few weeks.

Next up: probably catch up on Honzuki. Watch s2 of Ragnarok next week. And wait for more Bastard!!

honourable mention: not unimpressed by a few clips from Orange's Trigun. But it's Orange; of course it looks good.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jan 20, 2023, 9:14:59 PM
Trigun is fun, even if the story is kind of strange, especially if you read the manga. They are calling this the kids version, lets be frank, its trigun, there is no possible way for it not to be depressing xD

Last season:
I dropped chainsawman after the third episode, was too boring... or maybe i'm too old? Especially when you think about the god tier shows running last season. Mob owned as usual, to your eternity is still fun, boochi stole the show, the audience and all the booze, and maid wars was something different all together. Also galactic heroes is getting better and better.

this season continues to be stacked with (sometimes) obscure goodies:
Nier doesn't disappoint even if they go sometimes blow for blow with the game.
Kiseki is meh, still gonna watch it as a fan of the games of course.

Ooyukiumi no Kaina:
As a large of Fan of Blame! and knights of sidonia this is a must see title. The cg is not that good but story and vibe are awesome already. Currently feels like a more depressing naussicäa.

Hikari no Ou:
Another ending times story, strong fairy tales wipe(I talk about the real fairy tales, not the disney ones) but they already seem to be dealing with production issues. Hopefully they will pull through, because this is something interesting.

Farmland Saga: Yes please! one of best arcs in the story. And the best intro of an s2 i have seen in a long time.

On another note princess principals third movie is finally announced.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info