:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Watch the original Bastard!! OVA if you haven't. The netflix series is far more comprehensive but the OVA has a certain tightness to it that the new one can't match. It also does the spells WAY better. Better music. Better seiyuu. And higher spikes of animation quality, even though most of the time it's about on par with, say, the Lodoss OVA.

Warning though: episode 6 of the OVA (the last episode) covers material not yet touched in the Netflix series, and will almost certainly be handled by the first few episodes of cours 2.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Alright, soooo... I finally (seriously, I've been planning to do this for MONTHS now) watched the final Evangelion movie (yes, yes, I know, it's not the series proper). That was... something. Not exactly the ending I was expecting, especially how/with whom people ended up with. Also, a vast majority of the religious symbolism and whatnot probably went WAY over my head. Oh well, satisfying conclusion nonetheless.

On another note, my god is this current season stacked with great sequels. And I mean STACKED. Devil is a part timer (fucking finally), Danmachi, Made in Abyss, Classroom of the elite.... there's probably way more, these are just the ones I'm currently watching. And then there's also quite a few damn good new entries. I would heavily recommend Isekai Ojisan if you've seen at least some Isekai shows already. It's a parody of the genre in a vastly different way than Konosuba was, but no less hilarious.

Anyways, back to checking out more of the new stuff... and finish some of the older shows I still haven't.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Eva ended very well.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
hmm i lked the orignial ending back in the days.
THis season both the noitama project as well as those two A-1 Productions are quite good. but as best newcomer, I would say lycoris recoil. at least for the amount of pretty. storywise its a hard season as made in abyss as well as shadows house have their sequels.

Also watching princess principal right now, god thats good shit. Especially as a drinking game xD
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Last edited by tsunamikun on Jul 24, 2022, 7:07:15 PM
Princess Principal, right, I KNEW I had a show with a Kajiura soundtrack I still wanted to watch. I've been putting that one off for... quite some time now.

Haven't given Lycoris Recoil a try yet, but only heard good things so far.

In terms of overall quality, Engage Kiss is surprisingly well made, considering the premise (which is admittedly kinda... yeah. Then again, Fate/Kaleid's "Mana Transfer" was probably worse). Also a fair amount of backstory, character drama and consistency. I will probabyly keep watching it. Seems like it has potential. And if it crashes and burns to the ground, it'll be entertaining in it's own way.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
yeah engage kiss is not as bad as first feared, the synopsis read itself like some strike the blood clone but especially the two female leads carry this show in terms of entertainment. the male lead isn't that far behind the priconne male lead is it stands right now.
Outside revenge angsting nothing much to on xD

Now, i will go back to the black lizard planet to lament that there is no 3rd movie yet :(
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
I wrote about 15k words on the original ending of Eva for my incomplete phd thesis and some of them even made sense. Suffice to say I have a complicated relationship with what was essentially a breakdown in animation. But 3.0+1 showed that Anno has truly found his peace with Eva, and I am glad to join him. Bring on the Shin Annoverse, I say.

---

Had a friend over last week. Dude translates for Sega and Macross for a living so he can't always enjoy modern anime thanks to shitty subs. We did watch all of Akudama Drive though, which is a truly amazing work, and then all of Shenmue, which is not (but was still hella nostalgic for both of us, being Dreamcast veterans).

And of course we watched the first ep of Isekai Uncle together.

Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jul 29, 2022, 4:24:43 AM
Finished GeGeGe no Kitarou 2018. That was great. Bit rushed at the end but on the other hand, all the pieces were in play and just waiting to be brought together.

I wrote another book. It's better than the first one, and those who liked the first so far agree. Can't really ask for much more than that.
Someone recommend me a good cultivation manga that i havent read please =(
Bring back Harvest and loot
nya

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info