:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

That was perfectly fine. Pretty much what I expected. We were bursting with laughter a lot more than I did expect though, since it really leaned into the mix of DS' outright lecherousness and Rushe's naivete to produce a sort of 'funny but still wrong' ecchi vibe. The seiyuu did their jobs but none of them outshone the originals. It was well animated where it needed to be. The spells were unfortunately rushed at times.

The dubtitles were some of the worst I've ever seen outside of fan works and machine translations. So bad.

All in all, it was to the original OVA what the Madhouse series version of 'X/1999' was to its movie: a more comprehensive but less aesthetically stunning version that hits the major plot points and conveys the tone of the original far better.

Unlike Blade of the Immortal, this Lidenfilms adaptation did not completely invalidate the original.

But I like the scope of it. Curious that its first part ends a good full episode shy of how far the OVA got, when the OVA was half the length. 11 episodes to go, and I can already imagine what the first 3 or 4 will be. They also kept a certain major player in check the whole time where the OVA let him out to play much earlier...
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jun 30, 2022, 8:56:43 PM
i'm still hoping some fansub group will like this enough to do it. but thanks to crunchy/funi etc. there are not many around anymore. we will see. I will use my very bad japanese skills to flesh out the dialogue meanwhile^^
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Last edited by tsunamikun on Jul 1, 2022, 4:40:33 AM
Oh it'll get fansubbed for sure: a lot of weebs refuse to use Netflix for reasons cited, and because of their need to make things 'marathon' rather than weekly (for the most part).

But I'm hoping for a home release with better subs.

Also, Hagiwara has confirmed they're doing this series because he's never going to finish it, so I really am suspecting we'll get an anime-only ending that ties it all off before it gets really bonkers.

Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
and,
yeah last arcs felt more like some design outlet or artbook rather than a story. but what art, the monster-design was out of this world.
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
Watching Fate today, which order should I watch them?

Oh no, you asked "the question".

On a more serious note, I agree with what has been said. Release order is definitely the best option.

And once you get to heaven's feel, try to get as big a screen and as good a sound system or headset as possible. Those movies deserve it.

I'm at heaven's feel... Never watched it.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
solwitch wrote:
I'm at heaven's feel... Never watched it.

You're in for a treat. Or three, actually.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Quietly amazed that Kotaku, of all the publications, got Bastard!! completely.

https://kotaku.com/bastard-netflix-anime-harem-heavy-metal-trashy-ecchi-1849135990

There's still hope the hand-wringers at Anime News Network might fuck up and start moralising about it...
Currently playing on:
and,
I think NO ONE who has actually seen the show would think it is any other thing than a parody. I mean come on^^
then again, outrage == clicks so maybe they will do it for the fun of it.

On other things: The season is starting and there are already multiple blasts from the past. engage kiss as well as lycoris recoil feel like things out of 2010.The later feels like hyouka and gunslinger girl had a baby wtf; while the former reminds me on shows like black bullet without the cringy lolicon factor. both profit from A-1 insane production quality. That studio is on a roll right now.
PSA re Bastard. There are two english sub tracks. The default is the CC dubtitles track. If you manually change it to just English subtitles, you get very accurate if a bit stiff subtitles.

I just watched the first half of episode 1 to confirm this. I do not know why Netflix put the dubtitles track as default for Japanese audio accompaniment. This seems a weird error on their behalf.

I plan to rewatch with the proper subs today.

I wrote another book. It's better than the first one, and those who liked the first so far agree. Can't really ask for much more than that.
"
Oh it'll get fansubbed for sure: a lot of weebs refuse to use Netflix for reasons cited, and because of their need to make things 'marathon' rather than weekly (for the most part).

But I'm hoping for a home release with better subs.

Also, Hagiwara has confirmed they're doing this series because he's never going to finish it, so I really am suspecting we'll get an anime-only ending that ties it all off before it gets really bonkers.

Omg the Assassin... LOL... Dang...
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info