:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Well damn. The new Blade of the Immortal trailer assuaged a lot of my fears. This could actually be very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4L4lQKZNVA

I've only watched it like 10 times already.

only one Word: AWESOME.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Well damn. The new Blade of the Immortal trailer assuaged a lot of my fears. This could actually be very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4L4lQKZNVA

I've only watched it like 10 times already.

I'm usually not that into historical anime (which I guess this one will be... to some degree), but apparently after watching Samurai Champloo quite a while back and more recently Dororo and Kimetsu no Yaiba, people slicing apart other people in anime seems highly appealing to me.

I'm definitely going to give this one a watch. Also, I really enjoy hearing the voice actor for what I think is the main character.
That didn't come out weird at all...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Kanata no Astra didn't really seem that appealing for the first few episodes. Unbelievably good fortune kept saving the day a bit too often to warm up to it and the characters weren't initially all that interesting. But the characters and the story itself caught my interest during the middle episodes. I ended up finishing the series this afternoon and it was my personal AOtS.

The show could probably be reasonably critiqued from a variety of points of view. Still, somehow the mixture of mystery, comedy, drama, and action got me wishing there was more to story, after it was over.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
I really wanted to like Kanata no Astra as i am starved for some good sci fi, but in the end it was kinda dissapointing.
After a few episodes the story really picked up and i was invested only to be left wanting after the final episode, sure everything was resolved nice and neatly but for me that was part of the problem i had with the show.

It was to nice and to neatly, looking at the show as a whole it feels shallow and thats a shame cause the story that is there is not bad, it had good pacing and the crew is likeable enough, it just lacked depth in the end.
A shame really cause there is a lot to like here but i don't think ill ever rewatch it again.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Last edited by jackof8lades on Sep 21, 2019, 8:43:36 AM
"
jackof8lades wrote:
I really wanted to like Kanata no Astra as i am starved for some good sci fi, but in the end it was kinda dissapointing.
After a few episodes the story really picked up and i was invested only to be left wanting after the final episode, sure everything was resolved nice and neatly but for me that was part of the problem i had with the show.

It was to nice and to neatly, looking at the show as a whole it feels shallow and thats a shame cause the story that is there is not bad, it had good pacing and the crew is likeable enough, it just lacked depth in the end.
A shame really cause there is a lot to like here but i don't think ill ever rewatch it again.
This seems like reasonable criticism.

KnA is a bit like the movie Breakfast Club -- and a bunch of others in that genre -- in that it's a kind of coming-of-age story that ties things up in such a neat and tidy way. I didn't care as much for that part of the story either.

Spoiler
I did see potential for future stories. Just like Kanata no longer has one of his arms, all of the other characters still have their limitations to work around or through. Future stories could focus on testing the bonds formed between the main characters and testing the resolve and ability of humanity to remain in a state of peace. They could also find external threats in the course of exploring space that give rise to the need for more teamwork, once again.

YMMV, of course.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Sep 22, 2019, 9:44:11 AM
I dropped KnA after the 5 episode i think? Those convenient solutions to asinine problems were just boring. The good cast and decent animations were unfortunately not enough to hold my interest.

dumbell is also over^^ but as a gag anime no deep analysis needs to be done. It was fun until the end, i'm just waiting for mazoku to air it's last episode to decide which of those was the better comedy. (but both of them are enjoyable... so anyway!)
We lost 18 pages in this thread.

What a shelfish thing to do.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
We lost 18 pages in this thread.

What a shelfish thing to do.

Peace,

-Boem-

It feels like we lost a whole lot more though.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Ahhh Some other finished series!

accelerator: Let's stay at mediocre. Animations took a dive during its run,the story was your typical index flavored shounen and as a bonus the main charater could stand dramatically on high places. All in all good entertainment if you ignore faulty logic :>

machikado mazoku: It's stupid fun. it stayed stupid fun through it's whole run. IMO it didn't beat dumbbell in the comedy department but it was close. I enjoyed that one.

waver bozu: Unfortunately quite boring. They should at least watch conan/case-closed or some real detective story before trying it themselves. The "cases" used a logic system the audience couldn't know so no actual suspense could form. Outside about 5 characters the cast was completely forgettable... ah well not the first fate that sucked, and there are many more to come.

copcraft: well that could have been anime of the year. If the studio had picked up the slack. They didn't so there series stayed right there at enjoyable. Animation and episode direction aside i had fun.

hopefully now after my move i will have more time to catch up on the rest.
Last edited by tsunamikun on Oct 2, 2019, 5:13:21 AM
"
FCK42 wrote:

It feels like we lost a whole lot more though.

Hardly, this is the only thread where he actually talked and provided info like a normal person with enough detachment on the subjects and room to allow people to disagree.

The fact he used to say he wouldn't make a "i'm leaving poe thread" and thought it would be smart/wise to do an "i'm leaving poe void" instead as if the egocentric nature differs between the two is baffling and amusing, but suits him fine.

To bad it fucked up some sources and threads as a consequence by removing context.

As far as i am aware his other accounts are intact so no clue why people assume he's done.

If your done, your done, simple as that. You don't go contact support to remove all of your posts and whatnots, that shows contemplation and strategie.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info