:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

My apologies, I can be ruthless and evil... Passive aggressive. Apocrypha is art, for those that don’t know; various articles praise its action scenes to the Anime of the past.

Hint* The black and white action scenes derive from...

Characters, I honestly loved Beserker of Black. Not giving out any spoilers, but misty eyed mid way through I realized her purpose. It was heart wrenching... One example.

I just like to say I am not your stereotypical Anime fanboy... However I hate neutrality, politics... Keep it real please. Fate brought me here, simple.

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
i think you misunderstand, I did not begin watvching animes because of shounen awesomeness(even if i learned to love some of them). For me apocrypha was a standard fare show. i'm a storyfocused person, so it doesn't do much for me. I don't care that much about character design or animation quality as long as certain standards are reached. It's nice to have, but thats all. But if the story is not consistent or logical(in lieu of there definition of the world etc) that gets me to drop a show faster than a hot potatoe. That didn't happen, so standard :)

nobody want you to take away your posivite view on apocrypha, but don't expect others to share it, and please skip the "I know more than you" speeches.

my personal most beloved fate is and will still be zero, and naruverse vise nothing comes anywhere close to kara no kyoukai. So im not holding my breath (which gives me the chance to be pleasantly suprised of course).
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Kara no Kyoukai... Ahhh yes... The same way I react when I can’t get my butter knife to easily spread the butter across a toast of bread.

Edit: Good night everyone.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Aug 10, 2019, 9:59:42 AM
Episode 19 of Kimetsu no Yaiba was just... wow. One of the best episodes across all anime I've seen. It was either immensely impressive traditional 2D animation or Ufotable managed to hide their CGI so damn well that I couldn't differentiate between it and the more traditional styles. Add to that the absolutely fantastic soundtrack and the ridiculously awesome camera work... that scene gave me the chills. I really need to calm down a bit and not fanboy as hard over Ufotable as I am right now, but DAAAAMN was that a good episode.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
tsunamikun wrote:

nobody want you to take away your posivite view on apocrypha, but don't expect others to share it, and please skip the "I know more than you" speeches.

The overwhelming opinion on apocrypha has been negative compared to the earlier releases. You aren't missing much. Not sure what Solwitch is going on about, being butthurt over practically nothing.

"
FCK42 wrote:
Episode 19 of Kimetsu no Yaiba was just... wow.

Also, seconded on Kimetsu no Yaiba being pretty great. The stylized CGI looks amazing right now.
(⌐■_■)
"
RPGlitch wrote:
"
tsunamikun wrote:

The overwhelming opinion on apocrypha has been negative compared to the earlier releases. You aren't missing much. Not sure what Solwitch is going on about, being butthurt over practically nothing.

I mean... it tries to do completely different things than the previous ones did. I'd also argue that it's probably a LOT better than Deen's Stay Night from 2006. The animation in Apocrypha is stellar, though in a way that's very different from Ufotables works. It's much, MUCH more classic 2D animation and a Sakugafest during larger fights, whereas UBW and Zero are perfect examples that, contrary to popular belief, it's entirely possible to make CGI and 2D animation nearly indistinguishable from each other. Which is something that apparently so far only Ufotable really managed to accomplish to that degree.

The story is also a completely different one in Apocrypha. It's only loosely connected to the original fate series and, at least from my point of view, only serves as an excuse to have a lot of servants fight each other. It's really the characters and fights that drive Apocrypha, while I feel like Zero and UBW were primarily driven by their fundamental story. Fights and characters in those two were the cherry on top.

All of them are fantastic show though in my opinion, but for different reasons.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
The rest are pretty much on course.

Yeah, sorry, but that statement cannot go without a comment from me. Do you REALLY think Kimetsu no Yaiba episode 19 was merely "on course"? I mean, COME ON. Give how much of a stir this single episode created, you gotta have more to say about it than it just being "on course".
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
The rest are pretty much on course.

Yeah, sorry, but that statement cannot go without a comment from me. Do you REALLY think Kimetsu no Yaiba episode 19 was merely "on course"?

I completely do. I get that you've been off gallivanting around the metal circuit or whatever, but Yaiba is just that good and I've said as much several times here.

Now that's just plain mean. I was gone for just 6 days, you make it sound like I've missed the majority of the current season.

And yeah, I KNOW that Kimetsu no Yaiba was pretty much destined to be great, but I did NOT expect the last 5-ish minutes of episode 19 or the amount of publicity it'd get. The last time I saw an anime episode get that much praise from so many people it was Violet Evergarden episode 10.

I don't think it's wrong to praise something that's genuinely fantastic.
eh manji doesn't talk much anyway :P Depending on the tone they will set in the adaption we will see if it fits. hmm gonna read the manga again, don't even remember much anymore.

hmm and my first anime (without knowing it was one) was either Flanders no Inu or Alps no Shoujo Heidi.. too long ago to remember which one it was (and you would think TV stations liked to traumatize kids with what they translated :D)
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
"
tsunamikun wrote:
hmm and my first anime (without knowing it was one) was either Flanders no Inu or Alps no Shoujo Heidi.. too long ago to remember which one it was (and you would think TV stations liked to traumatize kids with what they translated :D)

Definitely Heidi for me. It took me a long, LONG time to realise that it wasn't just a "normal" cartoon. Wasn't it made by what is essentially Ghibli nowadays? I remember reading something like that...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info