:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Holy crap... HisoMaso blew me away once again... seriously, more people should watch it. Like... for real (I get the distinct feeling I might've said something along those lines before...).
For those who watch it (again, who am I kidding, I'm the only one here T_T)
This episode just revealed a stunning amount of background info, without having to resort to flashbacks or too much narration... the whole love thing is far more twisted and dark than I would've expected of this series. Also, whatever that ritual is, it's some HUGE event... I mean, that was a shitload of money Iiboshi was asking for.
And again, what deeper meaning does the old lady have for the story? What connection does she have to Iiboshi? Was she a former OTF-pilot and fell in love with him, causing her to fail whatever they were trying to achieve as a result?
Seriously, there's just SO much going on in this series...

SAO once again, despite or because of not being SAO (read: Kirito's rejected women's club) was pretty ok. A new yet not new character, characters preparing for the upcoming fight... looks like it'll be good. Hopefully. Maybe I just hated Kirito as a character and not SAO itself... who knows. This series handles the cast a lot better than the original.

Nanatsu no Taizai once again gave us a solid episode. It's following the manga quite nicely, which is definitely a good thing here. Rock solid adaptation imo. There are far worse adaptations out there... yes, I'm looking at you Tokyo Ghoul: Re(ad the manga)!

Well, and then we have a couple of other shows I've started watching last season that were... not that good this week. Or rather, in general:

Grancrest senki: Stupid characters being retards. No other way to describe the latest episode, or rather, the entire series so far. I'm serious here, all of that would not have happened if a single person had made one simple decision. We could've skipped all those 20 episodes in that case.

Beatless: Managed to turn the biggest plot twist of the entire series into a boring mess filled to the brim with narration. At this point I only keep watching it to see the trainwreck burn to the point where nothing is left.

Darling in the Franxx: Somewhat ok compared to the other two, but still, a whole lot of narration. The flashback was decent though and we finally know why humanity is in the state it is, so I'll cut it some slack this week. It might turn out a decent, maybe even good show at this rate, but I expected more... I guess we all did. Sadly, still better than some of the alternatives.

And again I think I'm waaaaaay too much into HisoMaso... am I just imagining things with that series? Does it maybe actually suck, but I just fail to notice it? Why the hell does nobody talk about it? Guys, please! I need to know if I've become a complete retard, insane, too biased or just paranoid... or maybe just enjoy HisoMaso too much.
Seriously though, I'm starting to question my own accountability and credibility in all of this... if I had any to begin with that is.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Barring Hisomaso, you're watching all the wrong shows.

AND YOU KNOW IT.

Stop it.

The gods have given you one of the most stacked seasons since 2011 and you spit in their face like this.

Really.

Problem is, about 90% of the good ones are sequels to other shows I haven't seen.
And yes, you COULD argue that I could watch those instead of trainwrecks. Some of them had interesting premises though... whatever. Gonna go for Steins;Gate tomorrow. I swear I mean it this time!
looking at what should be coming out for the rest of the year, bit early so there is likely stuff missing from the list.

This one caught my eye though

Back street girls

"
A group of 3 yakuza failed their boss for the last time. After messing up an important job, the boss gives them 2 choices: Honorably committing suicide, or go to Thailand to get a sex reassignment surgery in order to becomes "female" idols. After a gruesome year long training to become idols, they successfully debut, with overwhelming popularity, much to their dismay. This is where their tragedy truly begins.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
That one sure sounds... "interesting".
Never nuke a country twice...
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
looking at what should be coming out for the rest of the year, bit early so there is likely stuff missing from the list.

Back street girls

"
A group of 3 yakuza failed their boss for the last time. After messing up an important job, the boss gives them 2 choices: Honorably committing suicide, or go to Thailand to get a sex reassignment surgery in order to becomes "female" idols. After a gruesome year long training to become idols, they successfully debut, with overwhelming popularity, much to their dismay. This is where their tragedy truly begins.

annnd just read 30 chapters....................................
So I finally started watching Steins:Gate...
...and holy shit does it seem like Okabe has a few screws loose. Like... seriously, he is more delusional than Rikka from Chuunibyo demo Koi ga shitaI (which is a pretty good series in and on itself)... it's getting on my nerves a bit at the moment. I might have to force my way through this one...
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Back street girls

That's fucking hilarious.. Looking forward to it.

"
FCK42 wrote:
So I finally started watching Steins:Gate...
...and holy shit does it seem like Okabe has a few screws loose. Like... seriously, he is more delusional than Rikka from Chuunibyo demo Koi ga shitaI (which is a pretty good series in and on itself)... it's getting on my nerves a bit at the moment. I might have to force my way through this one...

Stick with it. I promise you it's worth it.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
ugh, I wouldn't want to watch Steins;Gate after watching Chuu2, that I'll admit. Okabe was the first real exposure of Chuunibyou to the west, and it was very poignant. But now that Chuuni is a trope, it might be a bit hard.

Force yourself if you must.

__

That yakuza one sounds fucking awesome. If it somehow has 'yakuza' in the premise I'm immediately interested, because chances are it's not really about yakuza. Hinamatsuri grabbed me that way.

If Japanese folk want their real yakuza kicks, they'll watching Kitano flicks. Anime either caricatures them or, as with Hina, uses them as a background for some wacky-ass storytelling.
I found Akagi interesting in part for the window it offered into mahjong gambling. And, the connection of the yakuza to mahjong gambling seemed to make sense, even though the world of the yakuza wasn't explored in detail.

I'd mostly agree with what you're saying, though. Even in Akagi the yakuza characters are not fully drawn; they primarily serve to raise the underlying sense of tension and move the plot forward.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Quirky, fast-paced opening scene? check.
Fluid Head tilt? check.
Close-up of eyes? check.
Pop-art usage of colour? check.
Kamiya Hiroshi, Sakamoto Maaya, Saito Chiwa, Sawashiro Miyuki? check.
Utterly exhausting and baffling after 3 episodes and yet so hard to stop? check.

Bakemonogatari Arakawa Under the Bridge: SASUGA SHAFT.

I remember having seen that one quite a while ago, it was a lot of fun and whacky characters. Started the 2nd season shortly after, but didn't get far... it just got TOO weird at some point.
latest episode of Hisone to Masotan doing some advertising for the manga Kingdom (which is pretty good for the most part though it dose try to explain tactics which is kinda lost on most people when it's that shortened)...also had a anime a while ago but it was one of those CGI butcherings
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info