Marohi Erqi Build v.3

been playing since January, have a couple of Exalted Orbs, and still can't afford to trade for a 5-link Marohi Erqi, to upgrade the hammer my main's been running around with since April.
drop it? chance it? ha. good one.

honestly, I really don't see a point in a "build guide" requiring such highest-tier and BiS items.
and now people want to add a Kaom's Heart to it...
isn't the whole purpose of build guides, to make a character that is both effective and "affordable"?
how many people can "afford" to use your build, NoobHunterLT?

EDIT: build actually looks good in terms of passives. classic 2h Marauder. but without the Erqi it's far from an "own all". very far indeed.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Sep 8, 2013, 12:59:01 AM
A good life build needs Kaom's?

Funny shit.
ॐ "Metal Gear!?!?!?" ॐ
Onslaught: FixinToDie + Awnslot
"
johnKeys wrote:
been playing since January, have a couple of Exalted Orbs, and still can't afford to trade for a 5-link Marohi Erqi, to upgrade the hammer my main's been running around with since April.
drop it? chance it? ha. good one.

honestly, I really don't see a point in a "build guide" requiring such highest-tier and BiS items.
and now people want to add a Kaom's Heart to it...
isn't the whole purpose of build guides, to make a character that is both effective and "affordable"?
how many people can "afford" to use your build, NoobHunterLT?

EDIT: build actually looks good in terms of passives. classic 2h Marauder. but without the Erqi it's far from an "own all". very far indeed.

Marohi Erqi used to be an expensive wep back in early OB when they were only around 15-20 exalts for a 5L 240+% IPD.

I was lucky enough to get this because I had a 4L Lioneye's Glare drop on me. Back then, LG was worth 20+ exalts for a decent roll and being 4L+. Sadly, my rolled slightly below average. I was able to trade my LG for the 5L Mahori.

Mahori is much more cheaper nowadays because there are more people buying rare maces or crafting them that usually dwarf Mahori since it has a good amount of drawbacks. A lot of power, but accuracy and speed are sacrificed in the process. Mahori is the slowest weapon in the entire game (I think).

Not really BiS these days, when there is better alternative, if you extensively search.

Edit: Corrected the full name since it is the official name. I just nickname it Mahori for the hell of it.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 8, 2013, 5:44:16 AM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Mahori

Not saying it's a good or bad thing that you misspelled it, since I have no interest in being a grammar nazi.

I'm just curious, as an armchair linguist, why people keep making this typo - is it because of the similarity to the Maori people of New Zealand? Maybe because it looks a little prettier with a divider (h) in the middle instead of off to the side weirdly?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Sep 8, 2013, 3:46:29 AM
I dont understand... U think u created a build or what? PPL with 2 handed weapons mostly going wit those skills and passives, nothing new. I would also go this way.
Last edited by eLFi20111 on Sep 8, 2013, 4:45:46 AM
"
adghar wrote:
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Mahori

Not saying it's a good or bad thing that you misspelled it, since I have no interest in being a grammar nazi.

I'm just curious, as an armchair linguist, why people keep making this typo - is it because of the similarity to the Maori people of New Zealand? Maybe because it looks a little prettier with a divider (h) in the middle instead of off to the side weirdly?

It is a nickname to the weapon. I intentionally misspelled it.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 8, 2013, 5:44:37 AM
Where'd the nickname come from? Is it simply from one misspelling of the name that caught on or is there another reason?

EDIT: Google turned up nothing :(
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Sep 8, 2013, 5:45:52 AM
"
adghar wrote:
Where'd the nickname come from? Is it simply from one misspelling of the name that caught on or is there another reason?

EDIT: Google turned up nothing :(

I say the former more likely to be the reason. I actually did not know there was actually a race in New Zealand called Ma(h)ori.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 8, 2013, 5:49:51 AM
>202% increased maximum Life
Nope
"
MCSMvsME wrote:
>202% increased maximum Life
Nope

? its 202%
Last edited by noobsmashery2k on Sep 18, 2013, 1:04:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account: