- This patch is a large download because it includes newer (smaller/faster) versions of most of the game's art. We have tried to ensure that there will only be one such large patch by combining many such changes into this one.
- Some areas of Wraeclast now have environmental critters.
- Informational icons at the top left of the screen now have borders based on the nature of what is being shown. Buffs have a green border, debuffs a red border, flask effects have a golden border, other game play elements (like charges and skill counters) have a grey border. Minions still have have the older style bevelled border.
- League Banners now correctly display on the Social tab.
- As you move around, the edges of shadows no longer flicker or "swim" visibly.
- Incinerate now has an informational icon which displays what stage it is in when you continue to cast it.
- Substantial optimisation to the size of game art assets has been performed. This will reduce loading times, memory usage and associated stability issues.
- Several changes have been made to the Lunaris Temple area to reduce memory usage.
- Improved the performance of The Docks.
- Added a new Dexterity/Intelligence skill - Reave: Attacks a small area in front of you. Each consecutive Reave that hits an enemy increases the area of effect. The area is reset after a short period without hitting anything. Only works with Daggers, Claws and One Handed Swords.
- Reave is available as a quest reward from the "Enemy at the Gate" quest in Normal difficulty for the Shadow and Ranger. Duelists and Witches can get it from "Mercy Mission" in Normal Difficulty and Marauders from "Delving into Sin" in Normal Difficulty.
- Added five new Unique items, including three which were designed by our community. One is only available through a vendor recipe.
- Added two new cosmetic microtransaction effects: Lightning Weapon Effect and Skull Hood Helmet Skin.
- The Weaver fight has been improved. The Weaver has a new skill based on Ethereal Knives. There are also additional spiders. It's significantly more challenging at higher difficulties. Spiders now drop from the ceiling as they climb down webs.
- The following Unique items now have their own 3D art - Rime Gaze, Bringer of Rain, Marohi Erqi and Chober Chaber.
- The Plate Vest 2D and 3D art has been improved.
- The Vaal Ruins have been updated with torches that light up when outsiders approach.
- Quivers now have 3D art to match their 2D art.
- Vaal Fallen now wear appropriate late Atziri period Vaal armour and wield two handed weapons.
- Improvements have been made to the lead-up music of the Vaal Oversoul fight.
- The statues in the Marketplace chokepoint are now much harder to avoid triggering.
- Continued to incrementally improve the sound, art, effects and environments.
- Inner force increased from 12% to 15%.
- Shaggy Monstrosities now perform flat life degeneration based on their level, rather than a percentage based degeneration.
- Changed the mod on the unique Soul Taker from "Melee attacks can't fail based on cost" to "Insufficient Mana doesn't prevent your Melee Attacks". This means it will no longer have any effect when using Blood Magic. Instead of killing you, the skill will fail.
- Vaal Fallen are no longer classified as undead, so cannot be raised by Necromancers. While these constructs contain a skeleton, it is not the skeleton in the construct that has a life force.
- Monsters other than Kraityn now have a cooldown on their Flicker Strike.
- Freeze mine can now be supported by Cold Penetration.
- Tempest shield can now generate more than one charge per skill use.
- Fixed a bug where auras would not update when you changed area with a different aura level and setup than that which you cast the aura with.
- Door nameplates have been unhidden, reverting a problem from a previous patch.
- Improved the placement of totems, preventing a case where the skill could execute in a location where a full totem wouldn't fit.
- Zahndethus' Cassock has had its material updated so that it correctly casts a shadow.
- Fixed a bug where boss monster lights would appear on hidden monsters.
- Fixed a bug with Ethereal Knives that would cause you to walk closer than needed if the range was affected by projectile speed.
- Fixed a bug where Infernal Blow and Dominating Blow could still apply to targets if the attack missed.
- Fixed a bug where you could gain leeched Energy Shield after death.
- Fixed an error where butterflies would inappropriately spawn on your enemies. (No, really, this was a thing.)
- Fixed a bug where minions would grant you flask charges when they time out.
- Fixed an issue where moving out of the path of Whirling Blades would not prevent damage.
- Fixed a minor bug in the Character Panel displaying off-hand accuracy.
- Fixed the stat description on Melee Splash support being wrong.
- If Oak makes his way out of his camp, he now teleports back to his camp.
- Fixed a bug where replacing a gem that prevented an equipped item from being enabled with a gem of a lower level would not check to reenable the item.
- Fixed a bug with the Coward's Trial Boss's mass revive skill.
- Fixed a bug where weapons that should have no physical damage could have damage through quality.
- Fixes an instance server crash related to Arctic Armour.
- Fixed an instance server crash related to Searing Bond.
- Fixed an instance server crash related to Minion Instability.
- Fixed an instance server crash related to pathfinding.
- Fixed an instance server crash related to auras.
- Fixed a rare client crash with Explosive Arrow.
Posted by Chris
on Aug 16, 2013 1:29:15 AM
Grinding Gear Games
Cool beat Aux
Edit: good stuff, thanks guys
Last edited by Arcis on Aug 16, 2013 1:35:17 AM
Posted by Arcis
on Aug 16, 2013 1:30:42 AM
We're expecting to deploy this patch on Monday (possibly Tuesday, if things go wrong), NZ time. The above patch notes may change by then, of course :)
Last edited by Chris on Aug 16, 2013 1:31:17 AM
Posted by Chris
on Aug 16, 2013 1:30:54 AM
Grinding Gear Games
Posted by AntiAuxBot
on Aug 16, 2013 1:34:07 AM
Amazing work GGG!
Posted by Marcus_Vaiano
on Aug 16, 2013 1:34:58 AM
Oh, you guys are too much. He must be on a vacation or something at this rate.
PocketMonsters, ElectronicArts, CommandAndConquer, CaptainFairgraves, AgentTanya, OcarinaOfTime
Posted by Spikey00
on Aug 16, 2013 1:35:07 AM
Very exciting patch notes. Especially the asset size reduction.
El Psy Congroo.
Posted by Patchumz
on Aug 16, 2013 1:37:39 AM
Fixed a bug where auras would not update when you changed area with a different aura level and setup than that which you cast the aura with.
Does this affect the use of Malachai's / Covenant to put on auras?
SliverMine /1888382; ShatterBurn /1864229; Lucifer /1888466; Snowflake /1694686;
eXa /1667456; Aerialist /1636101; Bladebender /1517070;
Archduelist /1373172; SSS /1156355; Elementalist /1096140; Great Balls of Fire /989279;
Thick Stick /931658; Just the Tip /658018; Shock Sticker /531580
Posted by sherkhan
on Aug 16, 2013 1:40:09 AM
Posted by KoTao
on Aug 16, 2013 1:42:04 AM
So the aura fix includes the 8% reserve reduction, it will no longer apply (alpha howl)?
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
Posted by liquidSG
on Aug 16, 2013 1:42:45 AM