To all those crying for a nerf for OP uniques..

Let's say you find a Shavronnes or a Soul Taker tomorrow, and you decide to not sell it right away or run an auction... GGG decides to nerf it in 0.11.4 or whatever it is. So you're 25-50exalt(depending on links) Shavronnes and your 18-20 Soul Taker is now nerfed so badly nobody wants them, or their lowered to 5-10 exalts. Would you be crying then? And if so then you'd be a hypocrite. I know sure as hell I would be.

Soul Taker:
Spoiler
No elemental damage, can get a rare that is better than it damage wise.

Shavronnes:
Spoiler
Only 1 resist, could get more ES with a rare, but yes it has amazing stats.

So you see, these items do have their negatives...

Just like Alpha's Howl exploit has it's negative............

It kills lvl92 Akira.
IGN: UrName(Standard)

IGN: Mr_Freezy(Anarchy) or S_P_O_R_K_E_R (Anarchy, usually on this one now for farming)

or just add AMC93
I dont find nothing wrong in having a few uniques like that which u really want to have. I think having a purpose and a goal it is not that bad .For me at least it makes the game a bit more fun , we all have our goals when we cr8 a char and these kind of items give us higher goals which we really want to reach . After all isnt it the journey all that matters? Can u really have a journey without a destination?

People generally have more fun when they know what they want and have a purpose , yes there shouldnt be too many of these `best in the slot ` mega expensive items but still it would be just worse without them .

Anyway nerfing is the bad way to deal with these kind of items , as u said many players complain about how op these items are when they are but when they have it and gets nerf everybody starts qqing . I think GGG should be a bit more careful from now on when dealing with uniques , they should know the limit and at most indirectly nerf those items , like they did with lioneye :D

just my 2 cents
Last edited by MadBro_ on Aug 14, 2013, 2:21:24 PM
"
MadBro_ wrote:
I dont find nothing wrong in having a few uniques like that which u really want to have. I think having a purpose and a goal it is not that bad .For me at least it makes the game a bit more fun , we all have our goals when we cr8 a char and these kind of items give us higher goals which we really want to reach . After all isnt it the journey all that matters? Can u really have a journey without a destination?

People generally have more fun when they know what they want and have a purpose , yes there shouldnt be too many of these `best in the slot ` mega expensive items but still it would be just worse without them .

Anyway nerfing is the bad way to deal with these kind of items , as u said many players complain about how op these items are when they are but when they have it and gets nerf everybody starts qqing . I think GGG should be a bit more careful from now on when dealing with uniques , they should know the limit and at most indirectly nerf those items , like they did with lioneye :D

just my 2 cents

Exactly...
IGN: UrName(Standard)

IGN: Mr_Freezy(Anarchy) or S_P_O_R_K_E_R (Anarchy, usually on this one now for farming)

or just add AMC93
Oh another sporker with Shav's, nothing to see here.
lvl 82 from what I read. Huge difference.
Actually this did pretty much just happen to me (I found a perfect roll alpha's howl very recently before the aura fix). It's unfortunate for me but I'm not crying and I'm still glad they did it.

somehow i think his opinion is biased and he tries to save his own ass

nah iam just suspicious
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
People are talking like alpha's howl is suddenly garbage....... It is still an extremely powerful option for any builds running auras, especially elemental cleave.
"
Gravethought wrote:
People are talking like alpha's howl is suddenly garbage....... It is still an extremely powerful option for any builds running auras, especially elemental cleave.

You can run any auras you want on ele cleave, but will still be inferior to physical cleave during endgame
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Look guys, this axe doesn't affect me, but god forbid someone doesn't complain when someone has a better success than others.

Geez, get the crosses, the torches and... err... chains, yeah, get all of that and go bitch-hunting - I mean witch-hunting.
You will never see a man faking anger, passion and relentless behavior.

You will always see a man faking love, politeness and respectful behavior.
Last edited by Deceptionist on Aug 14, 2013, 4:01:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info