To all those crying for a nerf for OP uniques..

Shavronnes has that "Chaos does not by pass ES" which can make a massive difference. Sure you can still get hurt from chaos, but at least your HP is not 1. You can take advantage of the life you have and reserve them until your under 35% of life, and then when it gets interesting with all those low life mods. You can also reserve your mana as well with more auras on top of that making it look like you have Eldrich Battery in your build.

No other rare out there can provide you that mechanic. You can get better ES from rare chest armor, but can you try not to go CI and test it out. ;)

Soul Taker has that "Your main skill works even though you have no mana," so you decide to reserve all your mana with auras, and be like "oh noes, I have no mana, how can I run my skills now....oh wait Soul Taker does not discriminate." Imagine running maps with player have no health or mana regeneration mods, I think Soul Taker would have a better time than the one that need to have mana management, and the ones running BM who will end up killing themselves.

Sure you can get a better rare 1H wep, but unless it is 450+ DPS, it is not worth it. Possibly, 450+ DPS wep are mirror worthy, and those weps are priceless unless you happen to get a mirror to get a copy of it.

There are 5 type of uniques in this game that I experience or witnessed.

1. OP uniques: They either have no drawback, or their drawbacks can easily be masked by breaking the mechanics in the game. Shav, Soul Taker, and the obvious ones.

2. Balanced uniques: They can be possibly OP, but they have a drawback or two that prevents them from breaking the mechanics in the game. Facebreaker, Bringer of Rain, Abyssus, Blood Dance, and more

3. Overlooked uniques: They have potential, and can work well with nique builds that can make them useful, but outside of the nique build, there is too many drawbacks and is very limiting. Meginord's Girdle and more.

4. Leveling uniques: They are uniques that help you lvl your characters until a certain point when they are eventually become obsolete unless you can try to make it to the "overlooked tier." That would be interest. Redbeak, Kaom's Sign and more .

5. The unique of uniques: They are so unique, that they have a special place in the vendors to be sold. Sure you can try to make it a leveling unique, but good luck making the effort. At the moment there is one that is obvious, and I am looking at you thorn.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 14, 2013, 4:05:15 PM
ignomon, you can actually roll it as a rare, and has absolutely 0 use, while thorns can save you 1 skillpoint, with a price of an awesome helmet :D
actually i think shavronnes by itself is not op, just the fact that you can be perma low life, and use Rf without any risk makes it game breaking

The problem with soul taker is the same with lioneyes glare: as a weapon it has too high dps with a unique cool ability not to use. If both of them were a lvl 30-50 weapon nobody would think that it is op, look at reapers pursuit, no evade, culling, and only weapon which gives rarity, still nobody thinks its op. Auxium is a bit this category, as it gives the best ES of all belts, and has 2 super unique affixes. Those properties of uniques which can be on a rare as well should not be good at any time, or if so it must have a clear uniqu drawback.
IGN: Vensun
Last edited by Vensun on Aug 14, 2013, 4:19:58 PM
Shav's isn't overpowered, it has around half of what the top ES robes have.

Righteous fire low life is overpowered. And Shav's is required for that spec to map. Nerf the spec.
"
Gravethought wrote:

But can you wear those top ES robes without CI, that is the question? If you can, how can you manage it when getting attacked by waves of chaos mobs.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
Gravethought wrote:

Righteous fire low life is overpowered. And Shav's is required for that spec to map. Nerf the spec.

Shav has been OP since way before lowlife builds begin to sprout.

What use is 300-600 more ES when you face a chaos mob without CI? Shav could have 100 ES and still be powerful.
That makes no sense. Why on earth would you want to wear a shav, have a lower ES than you could with a rare, and TAKE DAMAGE FROM CHAOS, when you could just be immune to it?
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
Faerindel wrote:
"
Gravethought wrote:

Shav has been OP since way before lowlife builds begin to sprout.

What use is 300-600 more ES when you face a chaos mob without CI? Shav could have 100 ES and still be powerful.

Low life builds sprouted before shavs ...shavs just enabled people to do it without thinking.

IGN- Shaeyaena
No it doesn't there would still be one guy with one eye!
"

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind

No... There would be one man left standing unblind.

The logic of some people astounds me.
You will never see a man faking anger, passion and relentless behavior.

You will always see a man faking love, politeness and respectful behavior.
Last edited by Deceptionist on Aug 14, 2013, 5:11:04 PM
"
AMC93 wrote:
Let's say you find a Shavronnes or a Soul Taker tomorrow, and you decide to not sell it right away or run an auction... GGG decides to nerf it in 0.11.4 or whatever it is. So you're 25-50exalt(depending on links) Shavronnes and your 18-20 Soul Taker is now nerfed so badly nobody wants them, or their lowered to 5-10 exalts. Would you be crying then? And if so then you'd be a hypocrite. I know sure as hell I would be.

That would be upsetting but I would be happy that they fixed some broken uniques.

"

Soul Taker:
Spoiler
No elemental damage, can get a rare that is better than it damage wise.

Its downside is that it doesn't dominate elemental builds like it does physical? Seriously? A godly rare is not going to be more appealing to players because guess what, not needing mana is a bigger deal than a few more points to DPS. Those downsides are pathetic.

Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info