PLEASE explain Soultaker to me!

I looted one and traded it for 5L Shavronne's. I am happy with the state it is in :)
"
Edradour wrote:
"
Inexium wrote:

And why the hell do you want to nerf things ?

cause i am MC_NERFHAMMER

serious: i think BiS-items take the fun out. it turns the hopefully endless search for an upgrade into a "save-until-you-can-buy-game". and its no fun - for me at least - to save 18-20 exalts. and if you have gone through those boring months of farming, you are set until forever, which is - right - boring again. and then you suddenly realize, that after all this time invested, you are not the only one with a soul taker.

1. You would rather save 70-100 exalts worth of currency to craft a weapon? That's the alternative.

2. Why the hell do I care if someone else has the same weapon as me? We are talking about less than 100 people, not everyone on the server. Guaranteed someone out there has the EXACT SAME passive tree as you, also.

Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
reboticon wrote:

1. You would rather save 70-100 exalts worth of currency to craft a weapon? That's the alternative.

2. Why the hell do I care if someone else has the same weapon as me? We are talking about less than 100 people, not everyone on the server. Guaranteed someone out there has the EXACT SAME passive tree as you, also.

If we're going to have blatantly overpowered god-tier uniques that trump everything for 1000x less - might as well just remove the entire crafting system that is historically notorious for driving even saints mad. There's no point to even appreciate the crafting system when people do not know how to appreciate the lack of moderation uniques are causing in this could-be-brilliant game. With all the retarded elitists and undercover RMT bandits, while there are simply just idiots all-around, that don't understand how to balance a game over-all, this game is going to erode on itself like any economy. Absolution is a deadly source to play monopoly with, and yet fire-starting fools continue to get away with fanning the flames for their own entertainment.

Do we want unique, or do we want ubiquity? If we keep going down this path - the latter will be prevalent best.

Do we want Path of Exile, or Path of Excuses? If we keep going down this path - the latter will be prevalent best.
You will never see a man faking anger, passion and relentless behavior.

You will always see a man faking love, politeness and respectful behavior.
Last edited by Deceptionist on Aug 14, 2013, 12:45:22 PM
"
Deceptionist wrote:
Spoiler
"
reboticon wrote:

If we're going to have blatantly overpowered god-tier uniques that trump everything for 1000x less - might as well just remove the entire crafting system that is historically notorious for driving even saints mad. There's no point to even appreciate the crafting system when people do not know how to appreciate the lack of moderation uniques are causing in this could-be-brilliant game. With all the retarded elitists and undercover RMT bandits, while there are simply just idiots all-around, that don't understand how to balance a game over-all, this game is going to erode on itself like any economy. Absolution is a deadly source to play monopoly with, and yet fire-starting fools continue to get away with fanning the flames for their own entertainment.

Do we want unique, or do we want ubiquity? If we keep going down this path - the latter will be prevalent best.

Do we want Path of Exile, or Path of Excuses? If we keep going down this path - the latter will be prevalent best.
Spoiler

I'd happily get rid of the garbage lottery in this system known as crafting. Do you think I enjoy watching someone get a 6L in 2 fusings while I spend 1000 to end up with broken gear? Crafting is a joke for anyone who actually puts time into this game. Fix it, and we can talk about nerfing good uniques, but I will still not want them nerfed. It's a LOOT finding game. If you have no chance of ever dropping "The Big one" in terms or loot, there isn't a lot of fun for me.
"
reboticon wrote:
If you have no chance of ever dropping "The Big one" in terms or loot, there isn't a lot of fun for me.

I'm inlove with one of the most amazing girls in my life, and so is she unto me; the amount of luck that I had to find her the way I did is beyond astronomical, for I simply messaged a random stranger when I was younger because I was - at the time - looking for someone to teach me how to write better, and I saw her response to a song I listened to a lot, so I PM'd what turned out to be the finest love I could find.

I know how it feels to discover something grand that is a one-time deal after a life-time of struggle. Here's the thing, though, my friend, myself or my girl are not limiting other people - maybe some people may fall envious towards us both - but we're not intentionally hindering anyone else from their own lucky breaks. A lot of these uniques are disrespectful towards everything that came before them; that's an inanimate object being equivalent to a person laughing at their dead ancestors because they are alive and they are not. If we are going to introduce anything in this game, or in this entire world, we need to pay mind to everything around us as much as we can without losing face of moderation and sensibility.

Do you understand now? Uniquity lasts eternally. Power only lasts temporarily. Most of the time, power detroys what once was eternal. Life can take away my unique girl anytime it wishes, as depressing as it is, it's true and all you can do is prevent it from happening or worsening.

The same context applies to the beautiful crafting system that can be fixed while paying more attention to the distribution of uniques -- or else, like with all kingdoms, power wins, but nothing is left for it to feed off of.

Last edited by Deceptionist on Aug 14, 2013, 1:02:41 PM
"
Deceptionist wrote:

I know how it feels to discover something grand that is a one-time deal after a life-time of struggle. Here's the thing, though, my friend, myself or my girl are not limiting other people - maybe some people may fall envious towards us both - but we're not intentionally hindering anyone else from their own lucky breaks. A lot of these uniques are disrespectful towards everything that came before them; that's an inanimate object being equivalent to a person laughing at their dead ancestors because they are alive and they are not. If we are going to introduce anything in this game, or in this entire world, we need to pay mind to everything around us as much as we can without losing face of moderation and sensibility.

The same context applies to the beautiful crafting system that can be fixed while paying more attention to the distribution of uniques -- or else, like with all kingdoms, power wins, but nothing is left for it to feed off of.

We are just going to fundamentally disagree, I suppose. I don't see how a unique like this "intentionally hinders anyone else from their own lucky breaks." It has no affect on anyone else whatsoever except in PvP. In hardcore modes, Uniques DONT last an eternity. They last until a death.

As for something "being disrespectful" to things that came before them. As you stated, it's an inanimate object. The game is in beta. New things will come.
"
reboticon wrote:

We are just going to fundamentally disagree, I suppose. I don't see how a unique like this "intentionally hinders anyone else from their own lucky breaks." It has no affect on anyone else whatsoever except in PvP. In hardcore modes, Uniques DONT last an eternity. They last until a death.

As for something "being disrespectful" to things that came before them. As you stated, it's an inanimate object. The game is in beta. New things will come.

Basing your conclusions off of "I don't see how a unique like this" is no longer conclusive, but conjecture.

"It has no affect on anyone" is a mistruth you've created to support your misconceptions, for all those poor custom-made rares that couldn't dream to stand against this behemoth of an axe that some GGG members - including Charan - all see erroneous attributions in, have been buried deep into a hole where they do not deserve to be, as it never was their fault to begin with, but the distributive decisions behind a select number of uniques that weren't well-thought out whether it be for a short-term or a long-term.

The hardcore argument is the only legit argument I've seen on this entire thread. However this is when one can say it applies to everything else you have, since this is a global feature behind the game. Therefore to say that the unique's "eternal" attribution is lost upon death tells me you've misunderstood the meaning behind "eternal", in that the weapon in itself is its own legacy, and like stories, they may die out, but they remain eternal.

Wouldn't you rather a legacy to be genuine, honest and fulfilling rather than deceptive, hollow and questionably hated for millenias to come?

Lastly, inanimate objects can be applied meaning to through projection. If you think projection doesn't exist, then I'm going to come over to your house and beat you senseless with a psychology book -- oh, the irony.

Last edited by Deceptionist on Aug 14, 2013, 1:25:53 PM
I have a physical 1h axe marauder and I don't have a soul taker and don't really care if I get one. The ability is cool and the damage is good but it is not like you need that for your build.
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

You are still wasting a slot on mana leech. You can still get more DPS...oh wait you need mana leech.

No, I don't use a mana leech gem. I have 2% on one of my rings.
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
"
666tnt666 wrote:
No, I don't use a mana leech gem. I have 2% on one of my rings.

You made it sound like you did (well more like you were not being specific), but thanks for clarifying.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 15, 2013, 1:08:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info