Close This Please - Duplicate thread

Since it doesn't affect map drops, this thankfully won't be nearly as much of an issue.

Though I do worry that serious players might be obligated to make an 'aura bro' character on another account and run a follow script.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Sep 11, 2012, 1:54:56 PM
"
Danos wrote:
They really need to add a /players X command like Diablo 2 single player had. Until they add this the quantity bonus for being in a party will continue to be abused by botters and multi boxers. At least if everyone has access to it it's fair.

/players X only worked in Single Player (offline) and that was intentional.
who would play party online if they can do the stuff alone with the same benefit? Especially in HC and/or Cutthroat where PK is a real pita.

multiboxing also enables to have three chars setting three totems with one key, or have additional auras - that is the REAL problem I see with this here, not the following for XP and loot increase.
Forums are SOOO much fun on patch day!

Casuals play because it's fun, not to achieve any goal unreachable with their resources.
We are playing for the next difficulty, the next keystone, the next item upgrade.
Not to feel better than anyone else.
Last edited by Fhedaykin on Sep 11, 2012, 1:57:09 PM
"
Fhedaykin wrote:
multiboxing also enables to have three chars setting three totems with one key, or have additional auras - that is the REAL problem I see with this here, not the following for XP and loot increase.

While I can be tempted to do this, the extra effort to playing 4 simultaneous character can be rather painful (Trust me, I didn't bother leveling them up past 8 because it takes forever with all of them leeching experience from eachother). Things like movement speed gain or penalty off armor desyncs it pretty heavily too. If anything the Double Totem passive will be removed as a counter of abuse, but that still doesn't solve the issue and heavily penalize players that was just using it for their own amusement.
Last edited by Dark_Force9999 on Sep 11, 2012, 2:01:23 PM
I don't think you would do it, but I am sure some will try and eventually one will succed in making this work.
After it is accomplished there will be an instruction HOW to do it.
Even if it only succeds for 2 chars at the same time it would be devastating to the game ...

It is inherent in such games that cheats will come up.
The devs need to stay ahead of it.
Forums are SOOO much fun on patch day!

Casuals play because it's fun, not to achieve any goal unreachable with their resources.
We are playing for the next difficulty, the next keystone, the next item upgrade.
Not to feel better than anyone else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info