Close This Please - Duplicate thread

I'm sorry but I do have a problem with this.

Spoiler
I'm BACK :)
Last edited by Coldet on Sep 11, 2012, 3:08:22 PM
Look at it this way:

He has identified a potential exploit that the dev's can now address, any advantage he gets lasts until OB and is washed away with everyone else's items.
Those who beat their swords into ploughshares, will plough for those who have not.
"
Coldet wrote:
I'm sorry but I do have a problem with this.

Spoiler

This is what "follow" means.
Last edited by Dark_Force9999 on Sep 11, 2012, 1:54:34 PM
well, I did warn him that he was drawing a tad much attention to himself. So-called "multiboxing" walks a line. but a safe one. In this he's crossing that line :b and advertising it to the world.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
"
Zakaluka wrote:
well, I did warn him that he was drawing a tad much attention to himself. So-called "multiboxing" walks a line. but a safe one. In this he's crossing that line :b and advertising it to the world.

I've said it many time, even if I don't multibox: I still have two laptop and a computer extra that can do the exact same thing, only it will take me 4 seconds to put them through portals.

What I'm getting at is the party mechanic, not the multiboxing.
If the posted ad is real, it's not me or any other forum denizen you have to worry about.

Very little point in convincing us.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
"
Zakaluka wrote:
If the posted ad is real, it's not me or any other forum denizen you have to worry about.

Very little point in convincing us.

I know that very well, it's just people are missing the point in the service that's being offered. It's not the Multibox I'm offering (Since I'm not playing the game for anyone). This will crop up eventually in Open Beta more often just by people offering AFKs dummies.
The service is a logic conclusion to the mechanic and the possibility to do it.
As long as we can have multiple accounts (don't know if this will be possible/allowed after Beta) or even join games from the same account or PC it WILL happen.

I expect additional services as well (ie. leveling a char for items) as it developed in D2.

I do not see it as a violation at this point as i cannot find it forbidden anywhere (except if it is in the terms of service agreement - haven't fully read that :-) )

I understand that players may have a problem with such services, but as long as it is not "cheating" (doing something that breaks the game/code) it is fine with me.
If the "following" is scripted and can be switched on/off for the chars to execute actions without human interference, THEN it crosses a line for me.
Forums are SOOO much fun on patch day!

Casuals play because it's fun, not to achieve any goal unreachable with their resources.
We are playing for the next difficulty, the next keystone, the next item upgrade.
Not to feel better than anyone else.
Last edited by Fhedaykin on Sep 11, 2012, 1:37:08 PM
It's only a problem if he ask for money.

In game items are perfectly fine.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
They really need to add a /players X command like Diablo 2 single player had. Until they add this the quantity bonus for being in a party will continue to be abused by botters and multi boxers. At least if everyone has access to it it's fair.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info